Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Matty James - loan possibilities?

26 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Don't loan him out Claudio, play him! If he's fit, he's a better player than Kingy! 

But neither will get anywhere near team in the next 6 months. Villa would be a fantastic chance for him and us on loan,  a team that will improve in the second half of the season so hopefully he plays, stays fit and then comes back to us at the end of the season.

If he doesn't come back to us, fair play to him and I don't think anyone could begrudge him a chance somewhere else.

47 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

2 years ago now since we have seen him at his best. I would like to see how he does out on loan first, even if only couple of months. Seems like we are after another CM anyway, so with Mendy, Drinky, N'diddi, King and Amartey to come back, not sure James would get any games here anyway. Will get lot more playing time in the Championship and we can recall him once match fit and if he is showing signs of being back to his best, then great news for us. 

Still better than Kingy half fit

1 minute ago, funkyrobot said:

Still better than Kingy half fit

As I said, Kingy probably won't be near the starting 11 after this window anyway, so much better for James to go out and play every week, rather than sit in our reserves. 

It's so hard to break back into the team when you've been out for so long. He is quality but if he's going to make the step back up then he needs to be playing somewhere. A six Month Loan with plenty of game time somewhere. Then back for pre season and he should be fine for next season.

1 hour ago, STUHILL said:

As I said, Kingy probably won't be near the starting 11 after this window anyway, so much better for James to go out and play every week, rather than sit in our reserves. 

Claudio will still play Kingy a lot you watch

1 hour ago, Richmondfox said:

Didn't he fight half the team when he got sent off againsnt them?  Not sure if most of that team are still at Villa.

Think the main guy James had handbags with moved to Newcastle. 

Villa would be a great move. He wont get any game time this season with us, may as well go somewhere he has more chance to play and regain form every week.

2 hours ago, Richmondfox said:

Didn't he fight half the team when he got sent off againsnt them?  Not sure if most of that team are still at Villa.

Possibly! All I know is that Bruce is chasing and with the influx of CM's at the club he needs to work out what his next move is going to be, loan with a buy clause, just a loan or to stay and fight..... it's up to the player but I think he'll move.

Villa would be a good move for him. Bruce is a good manager and will give him the chance to get back into the swing of things. 

As long as this is a loan move only, I'm all for it. Gives us a chance then to reassess him in pre-season.

On 12/28/2016 at 18:10, The Bear said:

We've been linked with him now too. Would be decent but is he properly over his injury issues and fully up to speed? He's been out a long time.

No disrespect intended, but no he isn't and that's why he's going on loan to a championship team...

37 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

Villa would be a good move for him. Bruce is a good manager and will give him the chance to get back into the swing of things. 

As long as this is a loan move only, I'm all for it. Gives us a chance then to reassess him in pre-season.

I dont understand why people consider Bruce a good manager....

11 minutes ago, MPH said:

I dont understand why people consider Bruce a good manager....

Everyone has their own opinion, so fair enough.

To clarify I think he's probably a lower-PL/upper-championship level manager. By all accounts he has decent man-management skills too.

It looks like Ndidi, Mendy and Drinkwater will be our first choice central men for the near future with Amartey to come back as well. Not forgetting King. Before the injury he could be competing to start but I feel he needs game time to get back to his best. Go and save the Villa Matty.

23 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

But neither will get anywhere near team in the next 6 months. Villa would be a fantastic chance for him and us on loan,  a team that will improve in the second half of the season so hopefully he plays, stays fit and then comes back to us at the end of the season.

If he doesn't come back to us, fair play to him and I don't think anyone could begrudge him a chance somewhere else.

IMO, it would be better to keep him. .Get him back into the Leicester way, find his rythm with us, from subs bench.

With targetted time coming off that subs bench..

Ddrinkwater, Mendy, Ndidi should start, they shouldnt be or get tired, but with James, OKazaki, King, has cover,

AFCON Absentees should, see him and Kapu, get game time from the bench at least.

27 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

IMO, it would be better to keep him. .Get him back into the Leicester way, find his rythm with us, from subs bench.

With targetted time coming off that subs bench..

Ddrinkwater, Mendy, Ndidi should start, they shouldnt be or get tired, but with James, OKazaki, King, has cover,

AFCON Absentees should, see him and Kapu, get game time from the bench at least.

I think the AFCON absentees will only miss about 3 games and there is a week between each League match, so I actually think as long as no injuries, and our ability to switch to a 4-4-2 if needed, then he will still struggle to get any real game time with us. I'm not King's biggest fan, but he is able enough to cover and come in if needed, but James I fear will need to play a lot of games to get up to speed, after being out for so long. Loan move with recall option maybe best for both him and us. 

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

I terhink the AFCON absentees will only miss about 3 games and there is a week between each League match, so I actually think as long as no injuries, and our ability to switch to a 4-4-2 if needed, then he will still struggle to get any real game time with us. I'm not King's biggest fan, but he is able enough to cover and come in if needed, but James I fear will need to play a lot of games to get up to speed, after being out for so long. Loan move with recall option maybe best for both him and us. 

Not totally disagreeing, its just I reckon, keeping around and on the fringe is more advantages.

So long as he gets bench and gametime. If he comes nowhere near, then loan move..

Dont be suprised if AFCON Players, might miss 5-6 games,  plus would be injury recovery  time , if needed.

A squad with a midfield choice of  DDrinkwater, Mendy, Amartey, Ndidi, King, James, all fit....looks mouthwatering to me.This group should see Musa, Vardy Slimani, Mahrez, Gray, a fit Ulloa, including Shinji get a better Quality service for the rest of the season.

What a difference a month makes...

1 minute ago, fuchsntf said:

Not totally disagreeing, its just I reckon, keeping around and on the fringe is more advantages.

So long as he gets bench and gametime. If he comes nowhere near, then loan move..

Dont be suprised if AFCON Players, might miss 5-6 games,  plus would be injury recovery  time , if needed.

A squad with a midfield choice of  DDrinkwater, Mendy, Amartey, Ndidi, King, James, all fit....looks mouthwatering to me.This group should see Musa, Vardy Slimani, Mahrez, Gray, a fit Ulloa, including Shinji get a better Quality service for the rest of the season.

What a difference a month makes...

Maybe 3 was being optimistic, as even if they don't make it to the final, then some will still need recovery time from their travels and number of games played. 

I just think we might be in a situation a month down the line, where we kept James here, but he hasn't played a minute for us, and potentially missed out on playing 5-6 competitive games in the Championship with Villa. Safe choice is for him to stay though and be available if needed. 

The three of Drinkwater, Mendy and N'diddi is looking great. Would still like another creative midfielder to cover Drinkwater but it's not as essential as a CB right now. Silva in the summer would be awesome!

Amartey to become a top CB for us would also be perfect scenario for us too. Really enjoying seeing our squad shape up, full of talent and a lot of youth on our side. 

3 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Maybe 3 was being optimistic, as even if they don't make it to the final, then some will still need recovery time from their travels and number of games played. 

I just think we might be in a situation a month down the line, where we kept James here, but he hasn't played a minute for us, and potentially missed out on playing 5-6 competitive games in the Championship with Villa. Safe choice is for him to stay though and be available if needed. 

The three of Drinkwater, Mendy and N'diddi is looking great. Would still like another creative midfielder to cover Drinkwater but it's not as essential as a CB right now. Silva in the summer would be awesome!

Amartey to become a top CB for us would also be perfect scenario for us too. Really enjoying seeing our squad shape up, full of talent and a lot of youth on our side. 

Ditto..:D:scarf:

Archived