Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Cafu

10 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Been told we see this lad as a number 10 playing behind the strikers in a 4-3-1-2 or wide in a 4-3-3. Claudio is finally switching to a 3 man midfield. It's either a 4-3-3 or a 4-3-1-2 depending on the game/opposition. 

Yes! 442 is dead!

4-2-3-1 is fine by me if Cafu can play at 10 or as a winger.

Ndidi--Mendy

Mahrez--DD--Gray

or

Ndidi/Mendy--DD

Mahrez--Cafu--Gray

Could swap Mahrez and Cafu as well, then there's Albrighton who can still do a job when required.

Competition for places up front though!

1 hour ago, GingerrrFox said:

Been told we see this lad as a number 10 playing behind the strikers in a 4-3-1-2 or wide in a 4-3-3. Claudio is finally switching to a 3 man midfield. It's either a 4-3-3 or a 4-3-1-2 depending on the game/opposition. 

Then surely Danny Simpson's days are numbered. You've got to get width from your fullbacks in a 4-3-1-2. I wonder if Albrighton will get tried there as I don't see where he fits in.

47 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Then surely Danny Simpson's days are numbered. You've got to get width from your fullbacks in a 4-3-1-2. I wonder if Albrighton will get tried there as I don't see where he fits in.

My thoughts exactly. That system could really work for us if we had two fullbacks that can contribute going forward. On the left we're fine with Fuchs/Chilwell, but Simpson's footballing ability is too limited. 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

In a way 4-3-1-2 to doesn't fit the football philosophy we were trying to cultivate - turn around possession quickly and break with pace. We completely lose our width without pacey fullbacks that like to bomb forward which can only lead to us sitting even deeper and more than likely trying to stagnate the game and stifle the opposition. It feels more re-active. Change is obviously required as 4-4-2 isn't working the way we played it last season without THAT man in the middle. I'd prefer a 4-3-3 with our current personal at least that would give a little more width whilst retaining the 3 in the middle. Or perhaps even 4-2-3-1 but a number 10 and RB still required.

5 minutes ago, psychonaut said:

In a way 4-3-1-2 to doesn't fit the football philosophy we were trying to cultivate - turn around possession quickly and break with pace. We completely lose our width without pacey fullbacks that like to bomb forward which can only lead to us sitting even deeper and more than likely trying to stagnate the game and stifle the opposition. It feels more re-active. Change is obviously required as 4-4-2 isn't and the way we played it last season isn't working with THAT man in the middle. I'd prefer a 4-3-3 with our current personal at least that would give a little more width whilst retaining the 3 in the middle. Or perhaps even 4-2-3-1 but a number 10 and RB still required.

Yes agree 100%

4-3-1-2 leaves us very narrow unless Albrighton plays as the 3rd central player and drifts wide or the number 10 is Mahrez/Gray and is allowed to drift out wide to help. Chilwell or Fuchs are fine as they both are comfortable getting forward without it looking forced or unnatural.

26 minutes ago, psychonaut said:

In a way 4-3-1-2 to doesn't fit the football philosophy we were trying to cultivate - turn around possession quickly and break with pace. We completely lose our width without pacey fullbacks that like to bomb forward which can only lead to us sitting even deeper and more than likely trying to stagnate the game and stifle the opposition. It feels more re-active. Change is obviously required as 4-4-2 isn't working the way we played it last season without THAT man in the middle. I'd prefer a 4-3-3 with our current personal at least that would give a little more width whilst retaining the 3 in the middle. Or perhaps even 4-2-3-1 but a number 10 and RB still required.

Bare in mind this can be used to keep us more compact during away games and then change formation mid game. 

33 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

He's flying in to sign this week but due to the weather he can't find a landing strip anywhere.

Who is veeting him at the airport?

Archived