Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Michael Keane

our alledged transfer pot is not big enouugh to land either i think we will go for Acerbi (who imo looks better than both apart from no prem experience),  i doubt CR will drop either Wes or Huth anytime soon but he must rest them occassionally. In addition Acerbi woulld be ideal on the left side of a 3 man backline

1 hour ago, dpjfox said:

our alledged transfer pot is not big enouugh to land either i think we will go for Acerbi (who imo looks better than both apart from no prem experience),  i doubt CR will drop either Wes or Huth anytime soon but he must rest them occassionally. In addition Acerbi woulld be ideal on the left side of a 3 man backline

Where do you get the idea our transfer pot is not big enough?

1 minute ago, RumbleFox said:

I know it is not exactly the kind of transfer that sets the heart racing but I would be happy to see Winston Reid come in to compete with Huth and Morgan.  Always thought he looked good and didn't realise he was only 28.

Rumble.

X

Just realised I put this in the wrong thread......  Oh well, still a valid point Rumble.  And I would love to see Keane come in. :)

18 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I know it is not exactly the kind of transfer that sets the heart racing but I would be happy to see Winston Reid come in to compete with Huth and Morgan.  Always thought he looked good and didn't realise he was only 28.

Rumble.

X

We don't need someone that can compete. We need1 or even 2 that are better. That can perform and command the box.

Wes and Huth have been great but sadly lacking this season. Obvious as well neither are suited for top flight football after the rule changes.

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

Rate them both but can't see Gibson ever leaving Middlesbrough, not for a sideways move anyway.

I would like to think after we have sorted this mess out we can push on. We can and should be looking for Europe every season. I don't see going forward us being a sideways step from boro. Or was last season a dream or just total luck.

10 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

W9jXXjY.gif

What?

Last year was a one off, we're not a big club, there are 6/7/8 clubs consistently better than us. Gibson should be holding off for a move too any of Everton/Tottenham/Liverpool.

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

What?

Last year was a one off, we're not a big club, there are 6/7/8 clubs consistently better than us. Gibson should be holding off for a move too any of Everton/Tottenham/Liverpool.

You honestly think that Middlesbrough are on the same level as us? I thought you were joking lol 

I'm not suggesting that we're on the same level as the top, top clubs but we're certainly on the same level as the likes of West Ham, Everton and Southampton and definitely a step up from MIddlesbrough

20 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

You honestly think that Middlesbrough are on the same level as us? I thought you were joking lol 

I'm not suggesting that we're on the same level as the top, top clubs but we're certainly on the same level as the likes of West Ham, Everton and Southampton and definitely a step up from MIddlesbrough

If we go down this year, which looks more likely than Boro. Why would Leicester be attractive?

Some of our fans are deluded. There are about 6 'bigger' clubs in the PL, the rest are about the same level now with the TV money. 

Only thing attractive about us at the minute is we are in the champions league. 

2 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

If we go down this year, which looks more likely than Boro. Why would Leicester be attractive?

Some of our fans are deluded. There are about 6 'bigger' clubs in the PL, the rest are about the same level now with the TV money. 

Also, distance from London...

15 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

Why does it look more likely?

We've 20 odd games left and Boro are a point above us.

48 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

What makes us more attractive than Middlesbrough - the club he probably supports anyway? At the minute we've got CL football, that's it. Middlesbrough won't get relegated. Karanka is a good manager and will want them to push on, when you look at what clubs like Southampton have consistently done... Moving to Leicester won't progress his career. Gibson is a good centre half and will probably play for England soon, my point was he should/would be looking to join a bigger club who will actually finish top 6 every season. This summer and season has summed us up - we had chance to push on fvcked it up - I can't see us finishing top 6/7 again now. We need a brand new squad.

4 minutes ago, thegaffa said:

Gibson won't be sold by boro this season, you do realise his uncle is the owner.

That was my point. He'll leave eventually, but for a bigger club than us. He'll probably play for England one day.

Archived