Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

Schlupp on his way

Schlupp must be on his way out pretty soon - I see on 'ghanasoccernet' that City have applied for special permission for Amartey to join the Ghana squad late for AFCON - no mention of doing the same for Jeff.  That, coupled with the fact that he has been nowhere near the first team squad for the last 2 or 3 weeks (and only playing for the U21's), is likely to mean that we no longer can, "resist offers of around £12m", from the likes of West Brom.  I'd lay money that he'd be gone within 2 weeks (ie before AFCON starts).

http://ghanasoccernet.com/ghana-fa-gives-leicester-city-clearance-to-play-amartey-in-middlesbrough-clash-today

PS Sorry about misspelling the thread title - it should have been, 'Schlupp ON his way' !  No, on second thoughts, 'Schlupp IN his way' (ie getting in the way of every other City player) is probably more accurate !

clearly not good enough for our Premier League squad. We can't rely on players who do one good thing every few matches he plays. Best thing going for him is his pace but even he can't use that to his advantage in the best way. End product is absolutely woeful.

I was surprised that we didn't take the WBA money in the summer which was £12-£15 million.

Jeff has been a decent player for the club, however I feel that the club has progressed further than Jeff's ability and recent performances, which can be described as average at best, and now is the time to sell.

I'd take £9 million, but if the club believe that others clubs will come in and may start bidding more, I understand why they have rejected £9 million.

I can definitely see him leaving this transfer window.

Just now, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

The top teams won't want him. West Brom might come back

If it's in the summer, then that's fine. But I wouldn't strengthen any of our rivals currently in a relegation battle with us... and after looking at the table and the fixtures to come I really think we're in one.

Archived