Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

Schlupp on his way

Just now, teblin said:

Maybe we know we can get more money

Probably less than we rejected that in the summer.

Every player has their price, the right offer comes in and we know we can get someone else in I'm sure he'll go.

30 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Do we need to sell for money? No. He can still offer something here. No need to sell.

That's a very naive attitude, we need to be getting value on both buying and selling if we want to be successful.

We could sell Schlupp and buy someone like Leon Bailey with the proceeds and a few million more and that's good business in anyone's book.

As a football club we should continually aspire to get rid of players who aren't good enough for the first XI or likely to be good enough in the future. Schlupp has had long enough to cement a place and has failed to do so and cashing in on a player who has now entered his mid 20's is great business.

Sell Schlupp and bring in someone else IMO.

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

32 games and 2537 minutes in our survival season is hardly bit part, neither is another 32 games in our promotion season where he started plenty of games. You can't just gloss over the fact he was involved heavily in both teams. He might not have played as large a role in what we did last year, but that doesn't take anything away from what he helped us do previously. 

Didn't he also win players player of the year in our 14/15 season? And young player? Not that that was a hard category mind you

Will be said to see Schlupp go, but it's the best for his career

The stick Schlupp gets is absurd. He has hardly played all season and, when called upon, looks understandably rusty. A bit like Musa, perhaps? Yet in the last two seasons he has had huge impact in games. He will undoubtedly do so again with regular game time for whoever is fortunate enough to sign him. £9m is a joke offer for his age, physical strength and playing strengths. Delighted to see that we are no longer accepting the first offer for our players. Disappointed, but not surprised, to see that some on here have the memory of a goldfish. 

We must be holding out for more money, but we need to be careful we don't get our fingers burnt. He's looked pretty disinterested to me all season and I don't think he offers much (not so much that we'd struggle to replace him anyway), so I'd prefer we move him on - if we can get £10m+ for him we're laughing all the way to the bank I reckon!

11 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

The stick Schlupp gets is absurd. He has hardly played all season and, when called upon, looks understandably rusty. A bit like Musa, perhaps? Yet in the last two seasons he has had huge impact in games. He will undoubtedly do so again with regular game time for whoever is fortunate enough to sign him. £9m is a joke offer for his age, physical strength and playing strengths. Delighted to see that we are no longer accepting the first offer for our players. Disappointed, but not surprised, to see that some on here have the memory of a goldfish. 

How did you hold it together to finish that? 

1 hour ago, BenTheFox said:

Can't you? A winger that's pacey and strong in the tackle. I'm not even joking when I say that Jeff's best attribute is winning free kicks and that's where Pulis/Allardyce teams tend to score a fair share of their goals. Managers who like to play more football would hate Schlupp far more than Pulis or Allardyce. 

they both want players who play in a position and know what they're doing. schlupp has the least common sense or positional sense of any footballer i've ever seen play the game. they also, according to reports, are both trying to buy him as a left back. these are managers who play centre backs at left back for a bit of extra stability. schlupp is the anti of all those things. 

8 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

they both want players who play in a position and know what they're doing. schlupp has the least common sense or positional sense of any footballer i've ever seen play the game. they also, according to reports, are both trying to buy him as a left back. these are managers who play centre backs at left back for a bit of extra stability. schlupp is the anti of all those things. 

That's the part of the reports I find hardest to believe. With regards to his positional sense, they're the type of managers that spend hours working on a shape and I'm sure they think they'd be able to drill it into him. Apparently that's all Pulis's sessions consist of, just 11 vs 11 working on a defensive shape. I fully understand what you're saying that Jeff isn't disciplined enough for a Pulis or Allardyce team, but in terms of his physical attributes and what he offers, he fits the bill perfectly. 

In the summer I was reluctant to sell but right now I've changed my mind. We have plenty of wingers, Chilwell is improving nicely and he's not done much in his cameo appearances. Don't get me wrong, on his day he can frighten defenders but I think his heart hasn't been here for a while now. 

I think Claudio will get rid, just waiting for the right offer. Doesn't surprise me he hasn't had a look in since Porto. Think he's done well for us but time for both parties to move on.

Whoever signs him, if they can get him focused and playing to his strengths in a regular position, he'll be a hell of a player.

His problem is he's not a particularly intelligent footballer.  But if he knocks it down the line and chases after it, you wont catch him or muscle him out of it and as long as there's a glaringly obvious choice when he gets there, he'll create havoc.

1 minute ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

Whoever signs him, if they can get him focused and playing to his strengths in a regular position, he'll be a hell of a player.

His problem is he's not a particularly intelligent footballer.  But if he knocks it down the line and chases after it, you wont catch him or muscle him out of it and as long as there's a glaringly obvious choice when he gets there, he'll create havoc.

That's it! He can be such an exciting player to watch. He beats players for fun and then puts in a shocking ball, making him all the more frustrating. Putting things into perspective, we signed Gray for a third of the price that we're looking to offload Schlupp and Gray is a far more accomplished footballer. 

Archived