Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

Schlupp on his way

9 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Am I reading the Birmingham mail quote on sky sports news wrong are we stalling on selling Schlupp to West Brom whilst we are in for signing Morgan Schneiderlin,or are West Brom stalling whilst they try to sign Schneiderlin  ??

if we're in for him superb if the Baggies are going for him maybe we should hijack the Deal as would certainly love to see Schneiderlin playing for our great club!!:schmike:

West Bromwich Albion will redouble efforts to sign Leicester City's Jeffrey Schlupp as soon as all avenues to recruit Morgan Schneiderlin have been exhausted. (Birmingham Mail)

How can you read that as us being in for Schneiderlin!? lol

Either way, he will go to Everton or WBA.

6 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Anyone who played a part in winning the league, is it really that shocking? 

Yes it is shocking if you have seen him play to label him as a legend, whether he came off the bench or started the odd game last season or not.

Devoid of any footballing ability, and lazy. 

Legend my arse.

3 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

Looks like Palace will come in with another bid and West Brom and Villa are also interested. I reckon he'll go for around £12 million, which would be great business. 

12 million would be great. Always easy to start getting sentimental when chance of a player going, especially as he has been with us so long and played a part in our miracle season, but he wanted to leave in the summer and his attitude on the pitch showed just that whenever he played this season. 

If this money can be put towards a CB or even another winger or striker, then this will be a good bit of business. 

Wish him luck if he goes, but I think these teams will soon find out that he has some major weaknesses as a Premier League player, and he may struggle to start week in, week out. 

Can see him being used as a LB personally, as he struggles to do the basics right in attack and if coached right, he could be useful there.

Schlupp, I really liked the way he played at times. Fast, versatile in position, willing to drive past people but even on a good day he couldn't shoot to save himself. If someone could get goals out of him with drive and maybe Pulis is the man to do that than Schlupp would be a fantastic player. He is young enough to still retain the potential, the potential to be great and the potential to disappoint.

Jeff Leicester legend? well he was certainly part of a team that will be classed as legends. We have outgrown him and that should be a positive to the fans, he did a job to help get us here and now it is time to move on and looking at some of the money quoted some good business for the club, there cannot be that many instances when we have sold a squad player to premier league side for decent money like this. He did his job so good luck to him.

Hit the glass ceiling with us and just couldn't push through. 

Brilliant potential and still can be, just needs the extra development and skill set adding and he should be a great memory for us. 

I'd still say he is, after Andy King, our most successful Academy player in the last 10 years. 

I know Chilwell will take that accolade very soon and perhaps Liam Moore comes a close third, but for now, I'd have to say its Jeff.

Regardless of your opinion of him, I can't think of another player that came through the ranks and made such an impact from Academy to 1st Team in that span.

I'm sad to see him go, but he has a different game to what we play now. 

The three managers he'll be potentially playing for fit his style perfectly and I reckon will make him the player to come back and haunt us someday soon. 

Good luck Jeff Schlupp, I'll miss saying that word, Schlupp. 

7 hours ago, Wizerud said:

Thanks for the memories, Jeff. I'll always remember you first for the equalizer at Anfield!

Loved that goal. Nugent's wasn't half bad either :)

Just realised our last 2 goal of the seasons have been against Liverpool. Nugent in 14/15 and Vardy in 15/16..

Expecting a worldie now against Liverpool at home.

Archived