Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TiffToff88

Watch Dogs, Watch Dogs 2

12 hours ago, TiffToff88 said:

Just bought Watch Dogs 2 for the PS4, having not played the original. Is the series any good? Do I need to know about/play the original before playing the sequel or do they not follow on from each other?

From what I'm aware it's a total different scenario and there is a total different feel to 2. Having seen just short trailers I'd be amazed if they are linked in any but the smallest most insignificant way, first one took it self far too seriously was very dark with very little humor while the second looks the opposite. 

I'd not bother with the first one, I've actually platinumed it but that was in a by gone age when there weren't a lot of quality knocking around on the console. If it was released today it'd struggle to get 6/10 in most reviews I'd imagine, controls are clunky, story is hit and miss, the reason the character is different in 2 is Aiden was dull as dish water, driving mechanics are not up to standard of other games in it's genre, the saving grace of it is alot of the open world side stuff is quite entertaining but you want a game like there are plenty out there that are much better. 

You don't need to have played the first one to understand the second, the story lines are completed separate.

In all I don't think the original Watch Dogs was a bad game, it was just glitchy in parts and was just a re-skinned GTA wannabe which is why it got so much bad publicity. The mechanics of the game weren't up to scratch as other games that are similar (like GTA) Watch Dogs 2 is much better.

I have 2.  The setting of the game is better than the first but I'm struggling with the characters.  

I liked the first one but if there's one thing that still isn't improved, that would be the driving aspect.  Still feels off.

There's plenty of decent additions though, the mobile hacking tools are good to use.

Plenty of side quests and collectables to find as well.

• 1 year later...