Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dave_the_fox

Robbie Brady to Burnley

Guest CityFan 06

I think Brady would fit our system well, but I'd liked to of seen more of Kapustka. I don't think we'll necessarily sell Kapustka permanently, I reckon we're looking at Brady as Schlupp is looking likely to move. Wouldn't be a bad signing.

1 minute ago, CityFan 06 said:

I think Brady would fit our system well, but I'd liked to of seen more of Kapustka. I don't think we'll necessarily sell Kapustka permanently, I reckon we're looking at Brady as Schlupp is looking likely to move. Wouldn't be a bad signing.

I agree, he's not as fast as Schlupp but can play LM/LWB/LB and is a better footballer with an excellent cross and work ethic.

Versatile, still young and one of the ones Walsh & Pearson seemed to like from their stint in Hull.

Shame about Bartosz but again, the Mirror has a way of overblowing things and drawing links and conclusions in things that have no truth.

Guest CityFan 06
9 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

I agree, he's not as fast as Schlupp but can play LM/LWB/LB and is a better footballer with an excellent cross and work ethic.

I'd be content with having another left side player like Fuchs in the sense that, Brady has the potential/capability to put crosses in like Fuchs. 

I thought Kaputska couldn't play for another club due to UEFA rules and not being able to sign for 2 clubs in the same season or something?! 

Robbie Brady is a decent player though, and I guess an upgrade on Schlupp. Who's place does he take in the starting 11 though? We already have Fuchs and Chilwell at LB and have Albrighton, Gray, Musa and Kaputska and even Tom Lawrence back in the Summer, as well as Schlupp until he goes, all who can play Left Midfield. 

WIth ITK's pointing to Mahrez moving in the Summer, then perhaps it would leave us with Gray and Albrighton for RM and Brady, Kaputska and Lawrence for LM. Musa to play more as a striker. 

Sounds like the price had dropped from the summer and he could be a good option if Schlupp is sold and he can play in various roles mainly left sided very similar to Schlupp.He has scored goals as well and he could perhaps strengthen the central midfield which looks fragile and over defensive at times.

My only concern is that Gray and Chilwell are as good as anyone coming through at the moment and I don't want to frustrate them too much with another addition.Brady's experience would hopefully prevent a situation where after nearly 6 months we are told a player is not ready as happened with Kaputska.

At around £10 million I think a very good deal.

9 minutes ago, Edingleyfox said:

Sounds like the price had dropped from the summer and he could be a good option if Schlupp is sold and he can play in various roles mainly left sided very similar to Schlupp.He has scored goals as well and he could perhaps strengthen the central midfield which looks fragile and over defensive at times.

My only concern is that Gray and Chilwell are as good as anyone coming through at the moment and I don't want to frustrate them too much with another addition.Brady's experience would hopefully prevent a situation where after nearly 6 months we are told a player is not ready as happened with Kaputska.

At around £10 million I think a very good deal.

Norwich don't look like getting promoted. That's why the price has dropped.

If we are going to persist playing primarily as a 4-4-2, then you would have to say Brady would be a stronger LM than Schlupp, Musa and even Albrighton and Gray seem more suited to RM. Kaputska is a complete unknown and so Brady is an upgrade on what we have for that specific position. He can also play as LB if we have any issues with Fuchs or Chilwell, and for 10million in today's market for an international with a few seasons of Premier League experience and still only 24, then I think it would be a decent signing. I think at that price there will be some competition though. Maybe a round or two in the Champions League could sway him :thumbup:

No thanks.

Mahrez starts every game (almost), Albrighton gives us some solidity but then we have Musa and Gray who play in Bradys position. Id much rather unleash the lads we have instead of adding even more wide players. We also need to wise up formation wise of thinking we can play two wingers and two strikers anyway. Lets spend that money on the defence!

Archived