Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dave_the_fox

Robbie Brady to Burnley

2 hours ago, chicagofox said:

Where exactly do you want us to get or think we should be?

We could show ambition and try to sign top-six quality players or top-ranked international players but they wouldn't come to us.   

This isn't me saying we should or shouldn't sign Brady.  It's a general point.

We've just won the premier league. We should be looking to sign players who can stabilise us and keep us in the top half, and pushing for Europe. 

Brady is not a signing that will do that. He's bang average and is the sort of signing Sunderland or Swansea would make. Not us.

4 minutes ago, Adster said:

We've just won the premier league. We should be looking to sign players who can stabilise us and keep us in the top half, and pushing for Europe. 

Brady is not a signing that will do that. He's bang average and is the sort of signing Sunderland or Swansea would make. Not us.

So he's the sort of player that a team involved in a Premier League relegation fight would sign?  Well that's us.

Woulda be decent squad signing (if he would accept that) and would add drive and some PASHUNNNN to the team. Also has a point to prove.  Fits our young, hungry and ex-Man U youth profile.  Let's see if the price is right.  Need him IN ADDITION to a CB and a CM who can link midfield and attack 

yes I know what you mean. It's a term I picked up during my own playing days as I too was also left footed and I remember being told i had a sweet left foot. Sadly that was all a long time ago.

It mainly refers to the ability to weight a pass perfectly or direct it on target, like onto a Forwards head to score. Right footed players generally don't have that finesse with the exception of a few Namely Beckham or Payet of West Ham.

For the money being quoted he would be a good by and unlike what we have in midfield at present he would chip in with a few Goals. 

do you still have your boots, we may need you and your sweet left foot at this rate [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

55 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

I've given this some thought and this would still be a depressing, unambitious signing for a club that should be looking to move forward.

lol who'd of reckoned that you'd be down on the idea?

But it's not happening anyway so sit back and chill buddy.

4 hours ago, adamm8 said:

lollol Sean dick fecked it up again.

Reported everywhere he could go for 12m.

So numb nuts starting bid is 13m.

Bloody Sean Douche, how does he expect the rest of the Premier League to keep up. if he makes these crazy over inflated bids?...it should be referred to FFP & monopolies commission.....

p.s. thanks Sean if you get him lol

On 15/01/2017 at 18:07, Adster said:

This. 

We need be be signing players to replace the current players that can be improved upon. At the moment there are plenty of those particularly in defence.

If we aspire to be, let's say a top 8 PL team we simply need to either produce or purchase players of that standard, or find younger ones with the scope to improve to that level.

Brady fits none of those requirements for me. 

We are near the relegation zone, and have performed well below par this season that is true. However, to those who say we are are no better than Swansea or Sunderland, so we need to 'cut our coat' accordingly, I suggest that is the wrong mentality. That is precisely why they are where they are - because the players are not good enough, hence they are always in a struggle. So why should we be doing the same and expect different results? 

We are at a point now where simply need to spend to progress further. We are not in the Championship any longer so free transfers (e.g. Hernandez), and the days of finding a team for £1m a player are long gone for us. The Thais have the money, and they need to do what's necessary now to move us on.

1 hour ago, norwichfox said:

Bloody Sean Douche, how does he expect the rest of the Premier League to keep up. if he makes these crazy over inflated bids?...it should be referred to FFP & monopolies commission.....

p.s. thanks Sean if you get him lol

That's Shawn Dyche above us in the table signing lots of overpriced, but U.K based players. Rather than loads of overpriced foreign players who struggle to settle.

7 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

This. 

We need be be signing players to replace the players that can be improved upon. At the moment there are plenty of those particularly in defence.

If we aspire to be, let's say a top 8 PL team we simply need to either produce or purchase players of that standard, or find younger ones with the scope to improve to that level.

Brady fits none of those requirements for me. 

We currently aspire to stay in the league.

12 minutes ago, Babylon said:

That's Shawn Dyche above us in the table signing lots of overpriced, but U.K based players. Rather than loads of overpriced foreign players who struggle to settle.

Sadly, this is so true....of the manager you mention lol (and the one I implied)

Archived