Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Manolo Gabbiadini

1 hour ago, desertfox2 said:

Missed the first bit. Yeah you're right there, in no way whatsoever was he a success in the prem. Shadow of his former self. Anyone else remember at that time we had some tie up with Inter. Lasted about the 4 games we had Mancini on loan then died a death... 

He was offered a coaching role in Italy before one was expected, and went. He came here to 'learn' from Peter Taylor who had been England under 21 coach - it did not as you put it 'die a death'. The guy who took the call from Italy was in fact the owner of the pizza place where the players went last year. He is a personal friend of Mancini. Mancini was always going to be a coach.

41 minutes ago, artursteppe said:

He was offered a coaching role in Italy before one was expected, and went. He came here to 'learn' from Peter Taylor who had been England under 21 coach - it did not as you put it 'die a death'. The guy who took the call from Italy was in fact the owner of the pizza place where the players went last year. He is a personal friend of Mancini. Mancini was always going to be a coach.

But I'm pretty sure we had some kind of tie up with Inter at that time remember half city half inter scarfs 

16 hours ago, Will1981 said:

I was just replying to the guy who used him as an example as a player from Italy who was a success in the premier league as he was definetly not a success although there is no doubt he was a class player when he was younger in the Serie A.

16 hours ago, artursteppe said:

You obviously never saw him. Genius, but only played half a dozen times for us before he got a coaching role in Italy.

Thanks Arthur. 

If if I didn't include him I would have been slated too. Can't win on FT sometimes (or anytime!). 

FYI Will. He was class when he played for us, and was supposed to stay longer, but the call from Fiorentina came way sooner than expected. He was a real goosebumps signing  and seeing him in person (his touch was sublime) was immense. 

3 hours ago, HoustonFox said:

Thanks Arthur. 

If if I didn't include him I would have been slated too. Can't win on FT sometimes (or anytime!). 

FYI Will. He was class when he played for us, and was supposed to stay longer, but the call from Fiorentina came way sooner than expected. He was a real goosebumps signing  and seeing him in person (his touch was sublime) was immense. 

I could not have put it better. One game sticks in my memory, away at Everton. They beat us easily, but Roberto was so far the best player on the pitch, even at his age, it was embarrasing for both teams full of Brits. They were all totally outclassed.

21 hours ago, artursteppe said:

You obviously never saw him. Genius, but only played half a dozen times for us before he got a coaching role in Italy.

He was not effective for us at all.

Don't get me wrong he played some great balls but all he got in return would be Akinbiyi or Benjamin looking back at him with gormless look on their face. I'm not surprised he buggered off as soon as he could.

21 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

He was not effective for us at all.

Don't get me wrong he played some great balls but all he got in return would be Akinbiyi or Benjamin looking back at him with gormless look on their face. I'm not surprised he buggered off as soon as he could.

So Pablo, if he was as sh*t as Akinbiyi he would have been more effective for us?

Just now, Realist Guy In The Room said:

By that logic, Junior Lewis should have been the perfect foil!

Too far, Junior Lewis wasn't shit, he was stealing a living as a professional footballer lol. He's had a career in the football league pretty much purely because of Peter Taylor.  

4 hours ago, artursteppe said:

I could not have put it better. One game sticks in my memory, away at Everton. They beat us easily, but Roberto was so far the best player on the pitch, even at his age, it was embarrasing for both teams full of Brits. They were all totally outclassed.

I was there. He just looked like he was on another skill level.

13 hours ago, HoustonFox said:

Thanks Arthur. 

You could see the class oozing from him, he was brilliant but the players surrounding him, well they would have made messi or Ronaldo look carp. His touch and vision was pure class, the passes he made you could see what he was doing, unfortunately the gash around him couldn't.

http://www.90min.com/posts/4405337-three-premier-league-clubs-chasing-20m-napoli-striker-manolo-gabbiadini

So this is a re-hash but saying that West Brom have bid allegedly..... the thing about the article is that it states that for us to buy the player we would need to sell first - I'm not sure if that implies that it relates to finances or the fact that we would need to part with Ulloa... can't imagine it'd be finance related.

4 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

http://www.90min.com/posts/4405337-three-premier-league-clubs-chasing-20m-napoli-striker-manolo-gabbiadini

So this is a re-hash but saying that West Brom have bid allegedly..... the thing about the article is that it states that for us to buy the player we would need to sell first - I'm not sure if that implies that it relates to finances or the fact that we would need to part with Ulloa... can't imagine it'd be finance related.

Football Weekly podcast made it sound like West Brom was going hard after him. No mention of us at all related to him.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived