Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Fort Lauderdale Aiport, Florida

1 minute ago, Barky said:

All that airport security and someone gets inside with a gun?

It's is America though...

Sorry that sounds quite insensitive but until gun laws are changed it'll keep happening, unless of course it's another terror attack, either way I guess the same point stands, too easy (Again that sounded quite insensitive, not meant to).

I was in Florida last summer & planning to go back next summer.  We were at Fort Myers airport though.  It's a great little airport & nowhere near as busy as Ft. Lauderdale.  I'm a smoker so the first thing I want to do when landing is smoke.  We commented how easy it is for members of the public to wander in & out of baggage claim.  We weren't talking so much about terrorism, but people just going into the airport & helping themselves to other people's luggage.  No security.  Nothing.  Given how tight security is in the US (at least how tight they claim it is) I found it quite amazing that people could come & go as they please.

1 hour ago, Barky said:

All that airport security and someone gets inside with a gun?

Depends if it's after security or not. There's nothing stopping anyone from walking into an airport with a gun, even in this country. You could do a lot of damage just in the check in area...

The attack is likely to raise questions as to whether aviation safety officials need to change rules about passengers travelling with guns. Firearms can legally be carried in checked baggage but must be unloaded and stored in a locked and hard-walled container, according to TSA rules. Ammunition and firearms must be declared to the airline when checking baggage.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jan/06/fort-lauderdale-airport-shooting-florida

Unbelievable.

3 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Because how will you defend yourself when a guy comes at you swinging a board with a nail in it?

Throw him off guard  by dropping your pants and once he has realised  how massive your unit is a solid sweeping roundhouse low kick to his achilles/calf followed by a leg snap, facial pummelling and neck snap then followed by a swinging board with a nail in it? lol

Good old amuuuuurica. Sad b@stards.

18 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Throw him off guard  by dropping your pants and once he has realised  how massive your unit is a solid sweeping roundhouse low kick to his achilles/calf followed by a leg snap, facial pummelling and neck snap then followed by a swinging board with a nail in it? lol

Good old amuuuuurica. Sad b@stards.

Trying a roundhouse kick with your trousers dropped is only going to end badly for you.

So the guy was really in trouble mentally. According to the BBC "The suspect, who is in custody, told agents he had planned the attack and bought a one-way ticket to Fort Lauderdale, according to court papers."

And yet he was able to travel and take a gun with him. 

Archived