Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Tom Lawrence

We are stacked in attacking positions. He's too far down the pecking order. Gray barely starts for us and he's much better than Lawrence.

We can sell him for a decent amount now while he's hot. 

57 minutes ago, boots60 said:

He has gone out on loan, not complained, his form has been good.

He has done all that's asked of him.

Time to return me thinks.

And play him where?

Mahrez

Musa

Gray

Albrighton

Kapustka 

All ahead of him. Kapustka and Gray can't even get a start for us, there's no way Lawrence will get a look-in. 

35 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Bear in mind he's scored 2 goals against a non-league side.

I doubt he's good enough for us right now. 

To be fair he scored a cracker last week to. 

I agree though i ugh I don't think he is good enough just yet, keep him at Ipswich for the season. 

10 minutes ago, Koke said:

And play him where?

Mahrez

Musa

Gray

Albrighton

Kapustka 

All ahead of him. Kapustka and Gray can't even get a start for us, there's no way Lawrence will get a look-in. 

He's being played as an attacking central midfielder not one of the above mentioned can play that role, he scored a cracker last week as well.

He's 23 now and looks like he has come on hell of a lot, definitely worth having a look at again 

Been to watch Ipswich a couple of times.......they are absolutely woeful and MM is performing miracles to keep them up. Lawrence is their one player with quality and has scored a couple of great goals in the Championship too! However, he is no more than promising so leave him at ITFC for the whole season before looking again pre-season.

Personally I think he may be at best a good Championship player but has time on his side.

2 hours ago, dayday said:

I noticed he scored 2 goals yesterday, so had a quick peep at a Ipswich forum and they really like him, been playing as a attacking midfielder by all accounts, is it worth bringing him back ?

It could be worth a shout however only to increase his value. Recall him, play him in the next round of the cup, hope he scores a few and then sell him to a championship team.

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

It could be worth a shout however only to increase his value. Recall him, play him in the next round of the cup, hope he scores a few and then sell him to a championship team.

if he played yesterday he's cup tied.

I seen his goals last night, one he ran from the halfway line and dribbled past half the team before slotting it home and the other one was from 25 yards. The reality is it opened up for him on the first and both goals were terrible examples of goalkeeping making Lincoln look the non league side they are in reality.

He's 23 this week and without seeing enough of him to judge I suspect he'll never reach the heights we are now or the heights we aspire to, it's time to sell and get some money back if that's the club's opinion as well.

We could do with a creative-type player but at 22 now I doubt he'll get in our first team. Surely would've been pushing ala Chilwell.

Scored a good goal the other week away at QPR too. Ability to score from long range is obviously there.

Guest CityFan 06

I noticed he's seems to be doing well there. Scoring quite a few goals, and good ones.

We are in need of a creative midfielder who can bring the ball forward and create/score goals. Wouldn't mind giving him another chance but it's just a question whether he will get that chance. 

Archived