Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Tom Lawrence

43 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

It's not as if this is his first Championship loan. We've passed him from pillar to post down there and he doesn't seem to have made a lasting impression anywhere.

Know for a fact they loved him at Rotherham and now they love him at Ipswich, both clubs who are too skint to do anything about a permanent deal

I would honestly bring him back to provide some competition in all positions. We are fighting on four fronts currently. Not much to lose. We don't really need the money we would get for him and I honestly think he has something about him. The big question mark for me would be his attitude but if he would come back and knuckle down, why not give him a chance ? I don't think we have the options out wide / behind the strikers everyone seems to think. 

Lawrence was used by Pearson but looked out of his depth and might have been considered one for the future but Claudio obviously has no use for him at present either,  he is out on loan for a reason but the fact we keep buying in players that play in his positions shows he is not yet considered first team material, nor even bench warming at present.

Either he is going to be given a chance next year or we will sell him.

I like watching my Championship footy and Ive got to say I see similarities with Lawrence and another former player in Paul Gallacher. Really talented with some things they do, they score wonder goals now and again but are largely anonymous most of the times. If you made a Youtube vid of them they would come across as the new Ronaldinho!!!

OK Lawrence is a great age and could improve but I reckon we recall him and try and sell for around 4m-5m to balance the books. Championship clubs like buying this type of youngish player for silly money so lets hope we sell the lad as I just cant see him anywhere near our first team. Villa like to spend big on donkeys, have a bid Brucie!!!

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Get him back immediately.

Yeh defo, he will sort everything out, the crap tactics, the lack of anything decent going forward, the shoddy defense...hell i think he could also do something about the pie queue at half time.

1 minute ago, m4DD0gg said:

Yeh defo, he will sort everything out, the crap tactics, the lack of anything decent going forward, the shoddy defense...hell i think he could also do something about the pie queue at half time.

The only player we'd have available who can play number 10 with a modicum of creativity.

Even Chris Coleman doesn't get desperate enough to pick Lawrence.

We're barely giving Gray a chance, why would we recall someone that's half the player he is?

Edit: Plus Kap. Lawrence isn't good enough for Wales, Kaputska starts for Poland where he's considered their most exciting prospect since Lewandowski.

Just now, Matt said:

With Gray and Kapustka not getting a chance what makes you think another youngster will be?

Gray gets a chance albeit never for a sustained amount of time. We need more options though. It's clear Ranieri is

moving away from two banks of 4 and we need someone centrally who can cause problems. 

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Number 10 bruv

Lawrence is predominantly a winger, he's played a few games in the championship in a more central role, that doesn't make him a great 10. 

Gray has played down the middle for England, Kapustka plays down the middle for Poland and did for Cracovia.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Also there's a lot to be said for players on form and confident. We've so few options at the minute. We'd lose nothing bringing him back and using him if we continue this horrific lack of creativity.

We'd lose all the good work he's putting in. It's much better for him to stay there for the rest of the season where he's happy and on form.

He gains nothing by being dragged back to sit on the bench because we don't play with a 10 and aren't going to and because Mahrez will be back after a few games and he'll be in the u23s.

Not sure if you're shitfaced or trolling tbh Flair.

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Lawrence is predominantly a winger, he's played a few games in the championship in a more central role, that doesn't make him a great 10. 

Gray has played down the middle for England, Kapustka plays down the middle for Poland and did for Cracovia.

Ipswich fan I know says Lawrence has played number 10 most of the season for them and he's gone from being a very inconsistent player to a " take a game by the scruff of the neck " player. I'm not pretending he's exceptional or technically better than some other fringe players of ours but it's evident Ranieri doesn't fancy Kapustka at the minute, lots of murmurings they thinks he's too weak and too slow. Gray I'm a huge fan of and I wish we'd build our team around him but given Claudio is moving towards a more narrow system we need comfortable players behind a striker to influence games.

Musa has no ability to create, he's just a paceman who passes when he should shoot and shoots when he should pass. Drinkwater looks lost at the minute and although he's technically strong on the ball, he's not a play maker that we need to unlock deep lying defences. There's very few options right now.

9 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

We'd lose all the good work he's putting in. It's much better for him to stay there for the rest of the season where he's happy and on form.

He gains nothing by being dragged back to sit on the bench because we don't play with a 10 and aren't going to and because Mahrez will be back after a few games and he'll be in the u23s.

Not sure if you're shitfaced or trolling tbh Flair.

I wish I were shitfaced.

Archived