Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Tom Lawrence

2 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Tom Lawrence scored 2 again for Ipswich today, could he be the answer?

:ph34r:

Still contracted until 2018, I think he's certainly worth retaining around the first team. I'd have him in the squad ahead of Cabbage, anyway.

6 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

He will be worth throwing into the mix next season but let him keep growing at the tractor boys for now?  :unsure:

Swap him back for Cabbage ! They can have Hernandez too bogof lol

Seriously I'm pleased he's doing well at Ipswich.

20 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

He will be worth throwing into the mix next season but let him keep growing at the tractor boys for now?  :unsure:

I think so. Be risky pulling him back now and disrupting his progress. Not a player we are desperate for right now. If he was a CB, then absolutely. Get him back in the summer and see how he does over pre-season. Lucky we have him until 2018, so not rushed into making a decision on him yet. 

I'm pretty keen for him to come back personally, there's a bit of history and personal pride here - he's got something to prove here, we need a bit of passion now to add to the team and he's looking pretty decent, this season he's gained consistancy - also i'm pretty sure he's single-handidly dragged Ipswich out of the shit in the last few games, that sort of character if put into effect here could be a help right now. We looked unable to get anyone close to Vardy today and give him some service, Lawrence is the easist, cheapest alternative to bring into the squad now and see how he gets on, couldn't hurt for me at all

'...Tom Lawrence has been the standout performer for Ipswich Town this year by a clear margin.

The Leicester City attacking midfielder is currently on a season-long loan deal from the Premier League champions but McCarthy needs to push the boat out in an attempt to secure a permanent deal.

7 goals in 22 games has been a real indication of his talent and the Wales international has netted five in his last three, including two against Blackburn Rovers to secure a win today.

Lawrence is now 23-years-old and his prospects of making it at Leicester at looking slimmer as he grows older.

He seems settled, he is the star player and McCarthy is building a team around him.

If the Tractor Boys could secure his services on a permanent deal then that would be a huge boost for Ipswich after an underwhelming season so far.

Ipswich would probably have to pay a fee of £4.5m.

This, in the January market, would be an absolute snip for a player who could be considered their best performer.

Leicester are unlikely to dispute the move too much as they are probably not preparing for a future with the Welshman in it.

Ipswich need to take advantage of this, otherwise another Championship club will beat them to it.'

Would be a mistake if we do sell him. Only 23 and a former Man U youth player with a lot of promise. See how he does there for the rest of the season, but he should be with us for pre-season in the summer and given a fair chance here. I wouldn't be that surprised if he is recalled, as his favoured position is as a no.10 and he does chip in with some goals. 

Its amazing how well the lad is playing. Whats even more impressive is he is scoring so many wonder goals. I said earlier in this topic to get him recalled and sell him for top money (for that standard) as Im sure someone like Villa will cough up. Who knows, we may even get 7-8m for the lad at this rate.

4 hours ago, themightyfin said:

He may well be able to play in the 10 position but if he came back here he'd be lucky to Get the 110 shirt.

Not been in the plans for a long long time and at 23 don't see him making the grade here now.

No way we will be recalling him.

You don't get into Man utds academy unless you have a fair bit of ability, we signed him as a raw 19 yr old who was nowhere near ready for the first team.

He has gone out on loan and got a lot of experience now and it's starting to show, he has only just turned 23, and I got it wrong he has scored 7 not 6 goals in the last 13games.

We would be foolish to let him go and not give the guy a chance to come back and prove his worth.

49 minutes ago, dayday said:

You don't get into Man utds academy unless you have a fair bit of ability, we signed him as a raw 19 yr old who was nowhere near ready for the first team.

He has gone out on loan and got a lot of experience now and it's starting to show, he has only just turned 23, and I got it wrong he has scored 7 not 6 goals in the last 13games.

We would be foolish to let him go and not give the guy a chance to come back and prove his worth.

Wrong.....We signed him when he was 20.He came in September 2014.

And just because you play for Uniteds   Academy it does not mean he's going to be Beckham.

For everyone who makes it into a premiership star there are 10 who don't.

Just because he's going well at a championship side does not mean we should bring him into our first team to compywith players like Drinky....Shinzi....Musa.... Gray  ect depending on the role you put him in.

Hes not the answer...god I HEY it when we loose and these stupid suggestions are made. 

Saying Tom Lawrence is the answer to our problems is just stupid.

leave him where he is he's better off there playing games rather than coming back here to be playing with our under 23's again.

4 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Wrong.....We signed him when he was 20.He came in September 2014.

And just because you play for Uniteds   Academy it does not mean he's going to be Beckham.

For everyone who makes it into a premiership star there are 10 who don't.

Just because he's going well at a championship side does not mean we should bring him into our first team to compywith players like Drinky....Shinzi....Musa.... Gray  ect depending on the role you put him in.

Hes not the answer...god I HEY it when we loose and these stupid suggestions are made. 

Saying Tom Lawrence is the answer to our problems is just stupid.

leave him where he is he's better off there playing games rather than coming back here to be playing with our under 23's again.

Didn't say he was the answer just that he should be given the chance to come back and prove his worth, it amazes me that you can right somebody of when you don't know sod all about how much he has improved.

8 minutes ago, dayday said:

Didn't say he was the answer just that he should be given the chance to come back and prove his worth, it amazes me that you can right somebody of when you don't know sod all about how much he has improved.

Yes...At the end of the season! 

Hes on a season long loan.

And I know as much as you about his improvement unless you are watching every Ipswich game and going to watch their training sessions?

I'm pleased for him but, although he may fit into a 4-2-3-1 system (which we don't play currently) what is he? He is not quick enough or tricky enough to play out wide and he is not a midfielder in the true sense , can he win the ball?, can he pass?

Sadly in this league and how we play he is not the answer.

I don't think recalling him is the answer by any means but his second effort yesterday was absolutely outstanding. 

I'd definitely keep him at Ipswich where he seems to be coming on no end then see what he's like in the summer. It's a handy problem to have, unfortunately I do think it's likely we'll just sell him on but it'd be nice to actually cast an eye over him given his exploits this season.

I think it might have been a good idea to get him back on the 1st and send him back on the 31st but we've very much missed that chance now. He certainly would have filled a spot on our bench and potentially got some minutes. 

No point him coming back now to be honest, if he's doing well let him carry on doing well and see if he can impress in pre season next year. 

On 15/01/2017 at 02:02, crazyleicester said:

Its amazing how well the lad is playing. Whats even more impressive is he is scoring so many wonder goals. I said earlier in this topic to get him recalled and sell him for top money (for that standard) as Im sure someone like Villa will cough up. Who knows, we may even get 7-8m for the lad at this rate.

It's often what happens when players play regularly and managers have faith in them.

I'm not saying people like him, Moore or Wood would ever have made it here. But the likes of Musa, Mendy, Amartey etc all get rounded on and slated on here before ever really having a proper shot at it, or being given time to settle in and grow.

3 hours ago, bald reynard said:

Tom Lawrence - the answer to our striker prayers, or just another young purchase we need to offload ?

http://www.sudburymercury.co.uk/sport/is_leicester_city_s_tom_lawrence_now_ipswich_town_s_greatest_ever_loan_player_1_4850508

The only answer to our prayers with our current style of play is someone that can run as fast as Vardy and is about 12ft tall. 

Should keep him around in the Summer though and give him a shot next season if he is still in good form. 

Archived