Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Tom Lawrence

5 minutes ago, Leamington Fox said:

Have you seen the long-range goal he scored at the weekend?  He does look like a really good prospect.  I've no idea if he's ready to fit into our side, but he must be a possible for next season.

I wouldnt be surprised if someone like Hull goes in for him...

31 minutes ago, Leamington Fox said:

Why on earth would we sell him?  (Apologies if some contractual provision is revealed in the thread above.)

Sometiems its about whether someone wants to leave or not to get regular first team football..

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

It's often what happens when players play regularly and managers have faith in them.

I'm not saying people like him, Moore or Wood would ever have made it here. But the likes of Musa, Mendy, Amartey etc all get rounded on and slated on here before ever really having a proper shot at it, or being given time to settle in and grow.

Im not sure whether people like him or not but thats because we havent seen him play for us properly! Its almost like a game of football manager. If Liverpool and Real Madrid were interested in him we would all of a sudden start to rate him higher. He came with a very good reputation and is in that unusual mould of actually looking like he is starting to deliver results by way of performance. The problem the lad has is we have so many ahead of him now that he probably thinks he has no chance in getting in our first team. Ive heard him say he wants to break into the first team but unfortunately for him we seem to be a bit too big for him.

I still reckon we should try and sell him for really good money now. Strike whilst the iron is hot.

2 minutes ago, crazyleicester said:

Im not sure whether people like him or not but thats because we havent seen him play for us properly! Its almost like a game of football manager. If Liverpool and Real Madrid were interested in him we would all of a sudden start to rate him higher. He came with a very good reputation and is in that unusual mould of actually looking like he is starting to deliver results by way of performance. The problem the lad has is we have so many ahead of him now that he probably thinks he has no chance in getting in our first team. Ive heard him say he wants to break into the first team but unfortunately for him we seem to be a bit too big for him.

I still reckon we should try and sell him for really good money now. Strike whilst the iron is hot.

Think you misunderstood what I was saying, less a comment about him and more about people giving players time before writing them off. 

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

It's often what happens when players play regularly and managers have faith in them.

I'm not saying people like him, Moore or Wood would ever have made it here. But the likes of Musa, Mendy, Amartey etc all get rounded on and slated on here before ever really having a proper shot at it, or being given time to settle in and grow.

It's what happened to all our players last season.   

Agree with with you Babs, no one is better than a player not playing for us, and away at another club. Guessing we should bring back Liam Moore to sure up our back 4 as well? Or Ritchie De Laet for RB cover? 

20 hours ago, Callabinho said:

He will never play for us again unfortunately, Claudio would rather buy than give him a chance.

43 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Kapustka tells you everything you need to know about this being correct.

Should have a look at Everton the other day. Playing Man City yet they trusted 2 youngsters to play. Why can't we give a spot on the bench to Barnes in the FA Cup and give Kapustka more game time rather then 10 minutes at the end of the game. Why did we take so long to play Chilwell and why isn't Gray getting a look in over Albrighton, yes I love his workrate but he is only in the team at the moment to defend, yet we keep conceeding goals each game which tells me his inclusion isn't really doing a great deal other then blunting our attack. (Yes I know when on form he is a good player but at the moment he isn't and would be a good time to try other options.) Whats to say Barnes can't come in and play the number 10/advanced play maker role when Drinkwater is out of form? He seems to be an attack minded midfielder and judging by the clubs twitter he is always creating and scoring chances for the U23's, give him some game time and see what he can do.

I know plenty of people will disagree with what I just put and thats fine I can see why, we aren't safe yet and it could be seen as throwing them in the deep end. But why not find out now when we have other options available then a few months down the line like we had to do with Amartey when Drinkwater and Mendy were injured so the pressure was even more on Amartey.

You wont know how good a player is until he gets some first team football and I would rather exhaust all our options before rushing to buy a new player (Unless there is an obviously world class player that our own wont get close to for a few seasons). Yes Ranieri does see them in training but those who must be training the best aren't showing it on the pitch at the moment so in my opinion thats a mute point.

Sorry about the long post on a one sentence reply but I just wanted to get my thoughts out there.

Lawrence is redundant in our 433 ad 442. In a 4231 he might have a role but I'm not sure he's good enough for us at all tbh.

We can get £8-9m for him if he continues this good form. 

Archived