Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bigDfox33

Best View at the Kingpower?

Ok guys

What do you lot think is the best view or seating to have in the Kingpower stadium?

I personally like the East Stand for the view, ive only sat behind the goal once (family stand) was a bit quiet and the pitch looked compressed and squashed, weird angle! lol 

Do you prefer to sit higher up or lower down to get a better view?? 

Never sat in the kop either... Whats it like? lol 

Our ground isn't big enough to have a bad view too high so never worry if I get back row or near there. The only time I lambasted the seat was when we drew 0-0 to Sunderland at home on a front row near the corner flag. I literally didn't know what was happening for 75% of the game. To make things worse I had Bernie next to me!

If I could hand pick a seat for view it would be obviously be where Top and crew sit. Forced a front row seat? I'd choose right behind the net in the Kop. Sat there a few times and if you get lucky you have the best seat in the house where people look at you envy. Get the wrong game though you don't have a clue what's going on or see lots of away goals against you. 

The best viewing position at a reasonable price is east stand directly opposite Top. Did a thread on the seat a few years a go when the stadium struggled to meet half capacity and the net view ticket picker first kicked in. Was a nice view but atmosphere a bit rubbish. 

48 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Our ground isn't big enough to have a bad view too high so never worry if I get back row or near there. The only time I lambasted the seat was when we drew 0-0 to Sunderland at home on a front row near the corner flag. I literally didn't know what was happening for 75% of the game. To make things worse I had Bernie next to me!

If I could hand pick a seat for view it would be obviously be where Top and crew sit. Forced a front row seat? I'd choose right behind the net in the Kop. Sat there a few times and if you get lucky you have the best seat in the house where people look at you envy. Get the wrong game though you don't have a clue what's going on or see lots of away goals against you. 

The best viewing position at a reasonable price is east stand directly opposite Top. Did a thread on the seat a few years a go when the stadium struggled to meet half capacity and the net view ticket picker first kicked in. Was a nice view but atmosphere a bit rubbish. 

Do you mean east stand at the half way line, at the top? 

What has the better atmosphere the East or West Stand???

29 minutes ago, bigDfox33 said:

Do you mean east stand at the half way line, at the top? 

What has the better atmosphere the East or West Stand???

East is better than the west for atmosphere and gets better to either side. View wise I was on about mirror chairman view. 

7 minutes ago, Collymore said:

East is better than the west for atmosphere and gets better to either side. View wise I was on about mirror chairman view. 

Better to what side? ... Surely the Family stand aint got more atmosphere than the West stand?

Where does the chairman sit then? Above the Tunnel ?

Was in east stand, top row just below the gantry and on the half way line last season, perfect view it really was with a good atmosphere, switched to sk1 this season as we weren't guaranteed our seats for champions league there and I still get a good view and a better atmosphere, however if I could have my old seats back I would in a heartbeat

9 hours ago, bigDfox33 said:

Ok guys

What do you lot think is the best view or seating to have in the Kingpower stadium?

I personally like the East Stand for the view, ive only sat behind the goal once (family stand) was a bit quiet and the pitch looked compressed and squashed, weird angle! lol 

Do you prefer to sit higher up or lower down to get a better view?? 

Never sat in the kop either... Whats it like? lol 

There isn't a bad view at the ground really, it's not that big, and doesn't have pillars etc blocking views so it all boils down to personal opinion.

I prefer to watch games from behind the goal, i find sitting at on the half way line for example a little strange, but that's just what I'm used to I guess.

I also if possible prefer to be a good way back, I'm back row at our ground and that height is just about right, I prefer to be able to see the whole pitch and where the space is etc, wouldn't like to be low down, watching players legs run around, I don't think you get a great overall view of what's going on.

Obviously at places like Everton, Palace etc that isn't really an option in the away end, but I wouldn't like to watch games from a lower vantage point week in week out.

Obviously the flip side is, Newcastle's away end is way to far away and a bit like watching subbuteo.

14 hours ago, Spudulike said:

I've only ever had one bad seat and that was towards the front of the Kop. The goal at the Family Stand end was obscurred by the Kop end crossbar.

I think those and the similar positions in the family stand are  the only bad seats in the ground, make the pitch look square as well.

Archived