Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

Benalouane to Bologna

P.S.: The reported £1.3m are for a loan deal only, so not really a bad deal for both parties. Knowing that most Italian football clubs usually are on the stingy side when it comes to money (because they're not that well-off), I guess we're looking at something like close to a £1m for half a year. Which would be a pretty decent short-term return on the initial fee we paid.

All this "he not done anything wrong"

"He was never given a chance" "He was good enough" "Has been treated badly"

With all due respect how many of these posters know the reason why he's never got a run in the side?

For all we know he could have been dire in training....

He could have had a poor attitude 

He could have disrespected the club/or management 

He could have turned up late/ not turned up for training.

ANYTHING could have happened/been going on that we as regular fans would never know about so I'm sorry but if the man who brought us the premier league title thinks its best he's out of the picture then that's good enough for me.

How people can have opinions when they know nothing about what's been going on behind the scenes is beyond me. 

There is obviously a reason he's hardly ever been picked but we will probably never know.

Sometimes for whatever reason things just don't turn out for certain players. It doesn't automatically mean he's been badly treated by the club,

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

I find the moniker "not good enough" a bit shallow, as it can mean many things. "Not good enough" in a sense that the player's crap (which I doubt in Benalouane's case) or simply "not good enough to get past Morgan and Huth"? I'd tend to the latter, and why those two are favoured remains anyone's guess.

Yes I agree, but it could also be that his mental approach is not right. What ever the reason we have to trust Ranieri and his management team on this. None of us on this site has the management skills or football knowledge that they posses , otherwise we would be in the position to say if he warranted a starting place.  

He clearly doesn't as far as they are concerned and that really is the end of the matter.  Like Inler he was not in their opinion good enough .

A loan deal would be the best solution for both City and Benalouane imo, even at the half price offered....as long as we don't have to supplement his wages. As things stand It's a place taken in the u23'sthat could be giving one of our development squad valuable playing experience, although he may be considered as an" in play mentor" to pass his expwrience on as he has captained the side when playing.

It appears he's had a raw deal, but what do we know....we have to trust management decisions.

No idea, of the whats and whys it didnt click for him at city..

Shame, he didnt even get decent bench time.

From my view point, he would of got some gametime between end of september-December 2016.

It seems he had a squad nr, so he must of been selectable....I hope he can re kickstart his career..

Good luck to him,

but why some felt he was treated badly is a stupid statement,

treated badly because he wasn't given a chance in a team that didn't know how to lose,was solid defensively,and won the league,

the blokes got injury issues,

has picked up a nice wage for his time here,and is moving on,

There's no bad treatment involved 

1 hour ago, themightyfin said:

With all due respect how many of these posters know the reason why he's never got a run in the side?

ANYTHING could have happened/been going on that we as regular fans would never know about so I'm sorry but if the man who brought us the premier league title thinks its best he's out of the picture then that's good enough for me.

How people can have opinions when they know nothing about what's been going on behind the scenes is beyond me. 

There is obviously a reason he's hardly ever been picked but we will probably never know.

Sometimes for whatever reason things just don't turn out for certain players. It doesn't automatically mean he's been badly treated by the club,

with a lack of respect what do you know extra?? You know as much as me **** all.  But the club should not of paid 5 -7 million and then let the guy rot. Let him go and wish him the best.

1 hour ago, foxoffderby said:

with a lack of respect what do you know extra?? You know as much as me **** all.  But the club should not of paid 5 -7 million and then let the guy rot. Let him go and wish him the best.

Read" for all  we know" where did I say "I know different" 

READ

7 hours ago, themightyfin said:

Good post, Was just about to say there is more than meets the eye with Benny especially if you factor in the Fiorentina loan situation which appeared to be a complete farce.

Archived