Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Bear

Your top 10 sitcoms

18 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

The Inbetweeners probably would've made my list had it not ran for a series and two films too long. The first two were genuinely hilarious but by the time it finished it was a parody of itself.

The films were so awful. Clearly made to just make money.

2 hours ago, FireFox said:

The films were so awful. Clearly made to just make money.

Most of series 3 was bland as well - the one where they take drugs and Will has involuntary spasms is by far the weakest of the lot, just an unfunny episode from start to finish. The first film was alright but the second wasn't at all.

On 1/13/2017 at 22:54, ScouseFox said:

the peep show theatre one is better. in fact one of the best eps in all 9 series imo. 

"if this was on television nobody would be watching"

"oh god, why aren't we watching television" 

then jez's date with big suze makes me piss every time. 

"so what's your news?" "my news... ive just got this hunch that everything's going to turn out ok in iraq"

My favourite episode is when Mark invites April and her boyfriend round for Moroccan Chicken and felt tip pens the cheese.

5 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Most of series 3 was bland as well - the one where they take drugs and Will has involuntary spasms is by far the weakest of the lot, just an unfunny episode from start to finish. The first film was alright but the second wasn't at all.

shit scene with the water slide was funny though. 

9 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Don't trust any opinion that doesn't include the office 

"People go, "Why is it important, a question about Mr. Spock?" Oh, I go, "It's like saying I've got a new pedigree dog breed. It's half Alsatian, half Labrador". I go on to Crufts, I go, "Can I enter this dog in the Labrador section?" "No." "Why?" "Because it's not a Labrador." "Correct." "Can I enter it in the Alsatian section?" "No. For the same reasons. Now get that dog out of my sight." "Thanks, I will. You've proved my point." And that's Crufts. All right."

14 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

"People go, "Why is it important, a question about Mr. Spock?" Oh, I go, "It's like saying I've got a new pedigree dog breed. It's half Alsatian, half Labrador". I go on to Crufts, I go, "Can I enter this dog in the Labrador section?" "No." "Why?" "Because it's not a Labrador." "Correct." "Can I enter it in the Alsatian section?" "No. For the same reasons. Now get that dog out of my sight." "Thanks, I will. You've proved my point." And that's Crufts. All right."

The look he gives the camera after the word "Crufts" is the single greatest piece of comic acting I've ever seen.

1 hour ago, ttfn said:

The look he gives the camera after the word "Crufts" is the single greatest piece of comic acting I've ever seen.

Yeah, it's great. I love that an imaginary person in his little made-up scenario is telling him to get the dog out of their sight for no real reason.

59 minutes ago, broughtonblue said:

Not many from 'now' popping up!

As i'm on sick at minute and never watched peep show I thought I'd give it a try 

3 episodes in and not sold on it yet.

My humour is fawlty towers. Office . It crowd. Ofah. Dibley etc

Which episodes of Peep Show have you watched? It ran for a long time (for a British sitcom, anyway), and they weren't all good.

3 hours ago, broughtonblue said:

First 3 of series 1. Was going to do them in order 

Ah, right. Maybe it's not for you, then. I loved episodes 2 and 3. The bit in episode 2 where Jez is in the interview (the facial spasming and "I have literally no idea what that is supposed to mean") and the bit where Mark bowls his shopping in episode 3 ("I'm on another level. I've gone beyond.") slayed me.

I think the holiday one (series 4, episode 5) might be considered the best episode of all. You might want to see that before you give up on it altogether.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Not browsed back through the thread but anyone here watch Silicon Valley? Started it the other day and really enjoying it

Brilliant show. Every episode they've released has been great.

On 1/10/2017 at 23:35, FireFox said:

3. Silicon Valley

15 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Not browsed back through the thread but anyone here watch Silicon Valley? Started it the other day and really enjoying it

Very good. 

Veep is the best current sitcom on at the minute for me, absolutely hilarious and worryingly lifelike at the same time.

Archived