Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Gaston Ramirez

http://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-city-reach-agreement-principle-sign-middlesbrough-deal-worth-around-e15m/

Gaston Ramirez is one of those players who are repeatedly in the Italian rumour mill, despite not being Italian. Having played for Bologna and moved to England, there were constant rumours he’d eventually leave Southampton for a return to Serie A, instead Ramirez signed a permanent deal with Middlesbrough in the summer.

To cut to the chase, Italian newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport claim Ramirez has an ‘agreement in principle’ to join Leicester City in the current transfer window. There’s no agreement between Leicester and Middlesbrough, but then it’s old fashioned to do things by the book.

Gazzetta believe talks can get more serious next week and a transfer will be discussed around a valuation of €15m.

Ramirez is represented by the same agent who counts Hull City’s Abel Hernandez among his clients, another player who is constantly in the Italian rumour mill.

Middlesbrough fans will know that before Ramirez signed permanently for them there were all kinds of rumours about him leaving the club instead.

This is one to keep an eye on. Gazzetta insist Claudio Ranieri is keen on the player and has been for some time, but the story could just as easily disappear as turn into something more concrete.

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He's technically very good but again, where does he fit in? If he plays instead of Mahrez then there'd be absolute uproar. Bojan I'd take but this fella, hmmmm. Does seem like we'd get Ramirez and they'll go Bojan?

Literally read somewhere this morning that boro were close to an 8mill deal for bojan. 

I'd rather have him tbh. 

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He's technically very good but again, where does he fit in? If he plays instead of Mahrez then there'd be absolute uproar. Bojan I'd take but this fella, hmmmm. Does seem like we'd get Ramirez and they'll go Bojan?

Would there, Mahrez has been poor, I get the feeling he want's away, plus if we are going with 433 moving forward, which is a possibility especially away from home, where does Mahrez play, he won't play as one of the 3 in the middle of the park, and I can see times where he use slim as the target and Vardy and Musa either side.

that said Ramirez suffers from the same problem, unless we plan to play him and Mahrez either side of a central front man.

In a 442, he may get in as no.10 as I don't think Riyad plays that well in the hole, he needs to play wide, but with zero defensive tasks.

10 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Is he actually that good? £15 million seems a little steep, go and get that lad from Fiorentina instead.

It's euro so probably about £13 milli 

He's a good player, cheating **** and constantly moaning to referees though. There is room in the squad for him I reckon, more so than someone like Robbie Brady.

Sell Schlupp and bring him in for more or the less the same value is not bad business, if true.

Bojan is unreliable, and has hardly been fantastic at Stoke has he.

I'd be a bit underwhelmed if we went for Ramirez, to be honest.

He's really flattered to deceive at Middlesbrough up until now, his goalscoring record is shocking, he's rather lightweight, doesn't help out in defense and his free-kicks have been nothing but abysmal so far. Yes, he's got some tricks up his sleeves and he puts in a lot of effort, but I don't think he's good enough to push us forward.

He's linking up nicely with Negredo right now and I don't see why the club would want to break up that partnership.

Probably all just papertalk initiated by his agent to either force a move or get a better contract with Boro.

Archived