Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Samilktray

Walkers Cheese & Onion crisps

Working in Brand Management with Aldi i actually know the answer to this.....

One of the main reasons is that own brand crisps are supplied by 2 different suppliers which also trade with Eastern Europe the far east etc and they use the same colours as they do just for ease when printing and packing to avoid confusion on pack lines.

Certain supermarket own brands have tried and will continue to match to walkers but the consumer actually finds it confusing as they are used to the blue S&V and Green C&O in 'cheaper crisps' so thats why others havent followed suit (well Aldi especially)

Tesco are actually supplied by pepsico (walkers) and thats more than likely the reason they are that way round to.

18 hours ago, goose2010 said:

One of the main reasons is that own brand crisps are supplied by 2 different suppliers which also trade with Eastern Europe the far east etc and they use the same colours as they do just for ease when printing and packing to avoid confusion on pack lines.

Certain supermarket own brands have tried and will continue to match to walkers but the consumer actually finds it confusing as they are used to the blue S&V and Green C&O in 'cheaper crisps' so thats why others havent followed suit (well Aldi especially)

Tesco are actually supplied by pepsico (walkers) and thats more than likely the reason they are that way round to.

That can't be right. 

Own brands didnt start hitting the market until the 1970's, yet branded crisps were sold way before that in the 1940's.

Golden Wonder and Walkers started off around the same time I think, and that is where the colours started. 

The pack colours these two branded companies chose were decided way before the development of own label. 

GW always have had Cheese and Onion as green, whereas Walkers always have had blue. 

Interesting to know that until the late 1980's, Walkers was just a regional brand. It took them until around 1990 before they started taking dominating the market.

Not a clue why the colours are different. 

On 13/01/2017 at 15:38, goose2010 said:

Wish Aldi would stop faffing with their pizzas.  

First they remove my favourite meat feast pizza made by Cuna. It was in a plastic case, not a box and was the best pizza for price you could find in any supermarket. Now they have loads of crap pizzas in boxes. 

They did win me back with a stuffed crust pepperoni with garlic dip but this has also been removed.

It's as if they have done survey on what I like pizza wise and then gone on to remove them to annoy me. 

36 minutes ago, Collymore said:

First they remove my favourite meat feast pizza made by Cuna. It was in a plastic case, not a box and was the best pizza for price you could find in any supermarket. Now they have loads of crap pizzas in boxes. 

They did win me back with a stuffed crust pepperoni with garlic dip but this has also been removed.

It's as if they have done survey on what I like pizza wise and then gone on to remove them to annoy me. 

Tesco did the same thing to me. They did a really nice Texas BBQ and a Hoisin Duck pizza in the fridged pizza bit, and soon after I discovered them, they changed the recipe and made it disgusting.

1 hour ago, Collymore said:

1 hour ago, Raw Dykes said:

Tesco did the same thing to me. They did a really nice Texas BBQ and a Hoisin Duck pizza in the fridged pizza bit, and soon after I discovered them, they changed the recipe and made it disgusting.

so please tell me, on a scale 1 - 5, how do you feel about mozzarella cheese

On 13/01/2017 at 15:38, goose2010 said:

Totally wrong 

On 14/01/2017 at 10:23, Rob1742 said:

That can't be right. 

Own brands didnt start hitting the market until the 1970's, yet branded crisps were sold way before that in the 1940's.

Golden Wonder and Walkers started off around the same time I think, and that is where the colours started. 

The pack colours these two branded companies chose were decided way before the development of own label. 

GW always have had Cheese and Onion as green, whereas Walkers always have had blue. 

Interesting to know that until the late 1980's, Walkers was just a regional brand. It took them until around 1990 before they started taking dominating the market.

Not a clue why the colours are different. 

Correct 

Archived