Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Leicester City v Chelsea post match thread 0 - 3

Thought we were reasonable first half, even with them at worst. Second half though... 

Slow start to the first half gave them the lead, slow start to the second killed the game. If we'd started second half as we played most of the first I think it would have been far closer, but we threw away any momentum we could have had, and then it was a training excercise for Chelsea.

Ken Bates at Chelsea once sacked Ruud Gulit and brought in Luca Vialli as his replacement. Chelsea were second in the league at the time. Everyone thought he was crazy. His answer. Some managers are long term. Some have a great initial effect and you have to take the benefit of that effect and get rid before it wears off. 

Ranieri falls into into that bracket. His easy laid back persona works with players initially. Once it wears off, players know they can get away with most things. The teams start to slide (i.e. His career). He is not a long term planner he never has been and our squad this season is testament to that. He needs to go because the effect has worn off. We need a builder a planner for the future a proactive, not reactive manager. 

I am am not trying to forget last year I just don't feel safe with him at the helm for the future. We have spent way too much money in the last six months to be looking up at teams like Burnley and having massive gaps in our squad that this window is a make or bust.

Archived