Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Leicester City v Chelsea post match thread 0 - 3

Just now, Mee-9 said:

How can people say Ndidi and Chilwell did alright?

Ndidi looks clumsy, passing was poor. 

Chilwell was in a defence that conceded 3!

Personally thought Ndidi looked like a poor mans Amartey.

Very poor home debut but he's only a wee lad, he needs time.

Why should we play better against the weaker teams when we failed at that already? We've been awful 80% of this season and are getting worse. A few cup game successes can't hide what we are in the premier league: one of the worst teams. If we go down, we're screwed. We're going to be next Portsmouth.

We were well and truly schooled by a Chelsea team without Costa who never got out of second gear.

I can't get over how much we've transgressed from last season. Everything just looks and feels complacent with us at the moment. It's shaping up as a really embarrassing title defence. Pretty angry with us right now. Never looked like scoring and we're in a dog fight now whether we like it or not. Fvck knows what the answer is. I'm lost.....

1 minute ago, Paddy. said:

That second half was probably the worst 45 minutes we've produced in the last 4 years. Don't think we were that bad even in the great escape season.

I was sat there thinking exactly the same mate.

It wasn't bad...it was embarrassing. To slump from being champions, to that second half performance, especially at home, is inexcusable.

People are blaming the system. The system isn't struggling to make a simple pass or create any form of cut chance. Too many non-footballers in this team. I'm worried about us, I must say. 

We've not picked a pass all season and Mahrez and Gray are our only creative players. So, pick a system that plays to the strength of your players. 3 at the back, Huth Morgan and Fuchs is stupid. Albrighton isn't a RB, and wtf taking Huth off and sticking Mendy as CB?!! Christ.

End of the day I'd rather us have a stinker vs Chelsea which any sane individual would expect us to lose given our respective current form, than have a stinker against a team near the bottom and drop points we would expect to have in the bag.

But most are taking the stance of "WE'RE THE CHAMPIUNS OF INGURLUND WE SHUD B WINNING EVERY WEEK!!1!1#1"

Just now, Izzy Muzzett said:

We were well and truly schooled by a Chelsea team without Costa who never got out of second gear.

I can't get over how much we've transgressed from last season. Everything just looks and feels complacent with us at the moment. It's shaping up as a really embarrassing title defence. Pretty angry with us right now. Never looked like scoring and we're in a dog fight now whether we like it or not. Fvck knows what the answer is. I'm lost.....

Officially the worst title defence (top flight) since Ipswich in 1962

1 minute ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Was looking forward to a pressing 3-5-2 before the game. Like the one that Nige played in the great escape. What I got was a negative Ranieriesque 6-3-1 with no ambition whatsoever.

We lost 3-1 at home to Chelsea playing 'his' 352 though

The second half was painful and embarrassing viewing. It was like one of those pathetic international fixtures where England have to play against a pathetic no hoper like San Marino. No prizes for guessing who were San Marino.

4 minutes ago, elvisfmcfly said:

Here we go again,blame Musa,how about the senile old **** who ****in changed the system again when we were unbeaten in 3 with 2 clean sheets.Ranieiri out for me now,ive had enough he completed it last season,retire.

Thats a disgraceful statement what an idiot you are!

Just now, Sionnach gorm said:

Who?  If you mean Ranieri you're daft.  Just look at the beauty of Swansea.  

Certainly the comment section is full of wankers...all of a sudden! 

Are we accepting these absolute toothless performances then cos its clear nothings changing 

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Notice how far apart the two strikers were today? I can't remember any real link up between each other. Never a good sign that. They were not on each other's wavelength at all.

However, the problem is much bigger than this. Not replacing either Morgan or Huth in the summer was criminal really.

Yeah, we have no decent competition for Wes and Huth.

5 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

made this point in the match thread but want to spell it out one more time so I can attempt to understand it again

Albrighton RB

Ndidi CB

Chilwell LW

Simpson Sub

The players spent 20 minutes trying to work out ranieris logic along with the fans

im sorry but I'm losing more and more confidence in Ranieri each week, it pains me so much but you just can't defend nor comprehend his decisions

Ndidi was never CB, more CDM. Played well at it as well looking at those stats - 7 tackles (6 for mendy)

1 minute ago, Paddy. said:

That second half was probably the worst 45 minutes we've produced at the KP in the last 4 years. Don't think we were that bad even in the great escape season.

Palace at home, chasing a 0-0?

Well that game confirmed that Musa is not a footballer at all. Okazaki should start.

I thought first half we did alright, but we looked nackered from the off in the second half and Chelsea steamrollered us. I have no idea why we let them come on to us. Ranieri should have sent us out pumping and pressurising the ball quickly, not allowed us to drop off again.

I don't get it, when we play like last season we still look decent, but for some reason we just drop off and stop playing that game and it ends in us endlessly losing possesion and conceeding. I wish we would just go for it and play our game! 

Side note: Shinji and Gray must start the next game! 

Can't be arsed to type it all out so copy and pasted from other thread.  

What exactly is going wrong and how can we fix it? i'm not sure a few defenders will sort it out.

Our players were almost telepathic last season now they are like headless chickens! 

I know Kante was class but half our team don't even know what they are doing these days, last season it was pass and move, this season it's pass and stand still, we literally have NOTHING going forward, ranieri looks tactially out of his depth this season, I'm happy for us to play 352 or anything other than 4-4-2, but to start that system against the best in the league when our defense are already crap is just unnecessary surely?

I'm hoping a couple of defenders will take the pressure off everyone else to be able to have a bit of freedom, but i'm just not convinced because we can't even do the basics. 

I wan't Ranieri to stay, let me make that clear. But can he realistically fix this mess? He looks clueless.

Survival is somewhat of a success, but we have had the biggest opportunity in our history to build the club and instead we have fallen off a cliff, i'd have been happy not winning games if we were actually playing well, but we are playing like a championship side, I'm thinking we played better in our survival season IMO.

Just look at the last goal conceded, Absolute shambles in every single position. 

6 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Personally thought Ndidi looked like a poor mans Amartey.

Very poor home debut but he's only a wee lad, he needs time.

lol If by that you mean he can tackle and distribute the ball quickly, then yes, he is.

Wasn't amazing but was one of the few decent players

Just now, Merging Cultures said:

We've not picked a pass all season and Mahrez and Gray are our only creative players. So, pick a system that plays to the strength of your players. 3 at the back, Huth Morgan and Fuchs is stupid. Albrighton isn't a RB, and wtf taking Huth off and sticking Mendy as CB?!! Christ.

That's my point. We're not playing any football at all. In terms of system I wanted to see the 4-3-3 we played at Everton last week, but no system can make up for a lack of technical ability throughout the side. 

Archived