Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Southampton AWAY Pre Match

First away game in 8 years for me. Hopefully an omen for us to pull out a result.

Schmeichel

Simpson   Morgan       Huth         Chilwell

Gray      Drinkwater     Ndidi        Musa

Ulloa       Okazaki

22 minutes ago, Durnerz said:

First away game in 8 years for me. Hopefully an omen for us to pull out a result.

Schmeichel

Simpson   Morgan       Huth         Chilwell

Gray      Drinkwater     Ndidi        Musa

Ulloa       Okazaki

I really want us to make the 4-3-3 work, but I think it would be much more effective with Slimani instead of Vardy, so may have to wait until he returns.

Happy with the above formation, but would switch Musa with Albrighton, simply as I don't see Musa as a natural winger and I still think Chilwell needs some extra support at LB. 

Ulloa may not be fit in time so Vardy and Okazaki otherwise, 

play 442 without the ball

433 when we have it

Have the usual back 4, Then mendy, ndidi and drinky in mid... with gray, vardy, musa/okazaki up front.

gray or musa/okazaki drop back to support the fullback when neccessary. obviously if okazaki plays ahead of musa.... which is probably better idea.... then we just go 4-4-2   take mendy out for a winger - Albrighton or maybe chilwell - although i'm not convinced he's a winger

Kasper

Fuchs      Huth.      Morgan.    Simpson

Ndidi.    Mendy

Grey.           Drinkwater.       Albrighton

Musa

Schmeical 

Simpson 

Morgan

Huth

Chilwell

Albrighton

Ndidi

Drinky

Grey

Oki

Vardy

Back to basics with a team that are familiar in a formation that's familiar. I'm all for trying different formations and I don't blame CR for trying it yesterday but we look like we have a mobile balanced CM in Ndidi so let's give 442 another go. 

If things aren't going well we've got Ulloa and Musa on the bench. If they are we can go 433 with Mendy coming on to sure it up

Oh shit, just been reminded this is on Sky! Urgh.

I know I don't have to watch but I know I will, the whole country can see the shambles aswell. Great.

Even more embarrassment, humiliation and piss taking to come next Monday then...yey! :thumbup::rolleyes:

20 hours ago, oxtonfox said:

I feel we are going to have to find another English King's remains in a City car park to turn things around. Southampton are on a bad run for sure  save the League Cup so this is a vital game we have to get something from it 

19 hours ago, jim5000 said:

Edward VIII would be quite appropriate given this seasons form :D

31 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Go on then I'll ask. You've lost me.

Edward VIII abdicated and gave up the crown. Bit like we're doing this year :D

Imagine one goal will win it. Unless southampton score in the first half, then it'll probably be 2 or 3.

Can see this being tight and boring, both manager's are pretty dull and would rather see 6 across the back than try and win a game.

Would go with

Schmeichel

Simpson

Hernandez

Fuchs

Chillwell

Mendy

Drinky

Albrighton

Okazaki

Gray

Musa

4 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Imagine one goal will win it. Unless southampton score in the first half, then it'll probably be 2 or 3.

Can see this being tight and boring, both manager's are pretty dull and would rather see 6 across the back than try and win a game.

Would go with

Schmeichel

Simpson

Hernandez

Fuchs

Chillwell

Mendy

Drinky

Albrighton

Okazaki

Gray

Musa

Hernandez and Fuchs at central defence???? 

Archived