Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Southampton AWAY Pre Match

3 minutes ago, gcxttle said:

Hernandez and Fuchs at central defence???? 

Don't think there's too much to worry about heigh wise, and I'm fed up of seeing those 2 absolutely crap themselves every time the ball is at their feet.

Ideally we'd have signed someone who can defend and pass a ball before then, but if not then I'd stick them in there.

Ohh, maybe N'Didi, I imagine he'd be decent enough in there.

On Saturday, January 14, 2017 at 20:40, lgfualol said:

433 for me. 

Schmeichel

Simpson ANYONE Huth Chilwell

Ndidi Mendy

Albrighton Drinkwater/King Gray

Ulloa

The reason I would play Ulloa is because we know we are going to hoof like ****ing nobs, so Ulloa has more chance than our midgets.

Soon as Ulloa plays, we stop hoofing, and stop putting crosses in....

On current form, Vardy should be 4th choice striker at best.  Musa, Okazaki, and Ulloa all deserve to be ahead of him in the pecking order.

Schmeichel

Simpson Morgan Huth Chilwell 

Mendy Ndidi 

Albrighton Musa Gray

Ulloa

Drinkwater doesn't work as the attacking/creative player in a midfield three.  Mendy and Ndidi are better defensively.  Obviously would love to have a new centre-back or two to play instead of Morgan and Huth.

7 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

Kasper

Simpson

Hernandez

Morgan

Chilwell

Gray

Drinkwater

Ndidi

Albrighton

Musa Okazaki

Vardy

Vardy/Musa doesn't work. No complementarity whatsoever because too similar. In a 4-4-2 formation with Vardy the only actual choice is Shinji.

On 1/15/2017 at 08:04, SpinneyHillRanger said:

play 442 without the ball

433 when we have it

Have the usual back 4, Then mendy, ndidi and drinky in mid... with gray, vardy, musa/okazaki up front.

gray or musa/okazaki drop back to support the fullback when neccessary. obviously if okazaki plays ahead of musa.... which is probably better idea.... then we just go 4-4-2   take mendy out for a winger - Albrighton or maybe chilwell - although i'm not convinced he's a winger

Considering saturday's formation confused them, do you think they're ready to understand these instructions? 

14 hours ago, Bert said:

3 points here. They'll be too focused about the Liverpool game on the Wednesday. 

that's my hope too. And they have an FA Cup replay this week, although I would imagine they would play a shadow team. Clearly if van Dijk were to pick up a 48 hour virus on Saturday that would help too

I'm going against everything I've said about formations and completely contradicting what I've been hoping for in the last 3 months. 

Let's bring back 4-4-2! 

I'd love to see the 4-3-3 given time and it still has its chances, but let's eat some humble comfort pie and do what we know best.

Schmeichel 

Simpson Morgan Huth Fuchs

Albrighton Ndidi Mendy Gray

Vardy Okazaki

Drinkwater needs a bit more time on the training ground for me at present, so lets have him on the bench for this one. 

We are simply shipping too many goals. We brought this Hernandez character because he made a record number of interceptions in La Liga last season but he lacked the muscle to fit into the Prrmiership. I think he needs to bulk up. I'd like to see Smalling from Utd. He's got experience now and doesn't seem to get game time under Maureen. 

Getting a new defender will not solve our problems and to expect someone to come in and slot straight in is a big ask. We need a player who knows the league. We have many players adjusting which hasn't helped us at all. I think we should get back to basics with formation, style of play etc as I don't buy into this theory that we shouldn't play this way because other teams have figured us out...they didn't all last season, they had ample chance. The league this year is very difficult and we have some great tacticians building great sides, we won't win them all but we should be beating the smaller clubs. We are Leicester let's play our way, don't overcomplicate it as our players are too limited to understand the Azzuri way. 

Let's get behind the team more than ever things are getting critical

Kasper

Simpson 

Morgan

Huth

Chilwell

Mendy

Drinkwater

Ndidi

Gray

Okazaki

Vardy

Musa needs so much work doing and Claudio needs to be working with him constantly on the training ground to get him up to speed of the premier League and to try to get a partnership with him and Vardy without them occupying each others space.

Definitely 442

Kasper

Simpson

Huth

Morgan

Chilwell

Albrighton

Ndidi

Drinky

Gray

Vardy 

Ulloa

DD needs to be the main man, he can't play in a 3. I think we would get away with it from what I've seen of Ndidi so far.

If Ulloa is fit I'd 100% start him with Vardy and actually get some crosses into the box (opposite to what we did at Boro). 

Also agree with Bert, they will be thinking about their second leg with Liverpool so we should go there and try to win. 

On 15 January 2017 at 19:05, filbertway said:

Don't think there's too much to worry about heigh wise, and I'm fed up of seeing those 2 absolutely crap themselves every time the ball is at their feet.

Ideally we'd have signed someone who can defend and pass a ball before then, but if not then I'd stick them in there.

Ohh, maybe N'Didi, I imagine he'd be decent enough in there.

Van Dijk. The man mountain.

Kasper

Simmo       Huth       Wes     Fuchs

Drinkwater Ndidi  King

Gray                                     Musa

Vardy

In a 4-3-3

6 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Kasper

Simmo       Huth       Wes     Fuchs

Drinkwater Ndidi  King

Gray                                     Musa

Vardy

In a 4-3-3

King over Mendy??

Fuch me. We try 4-3-3 in 2 games and it worked fairly well, we try an odd 3 at the back sort of bull against the league leaders and it doesn't work very well, and now most are begging to go back to a 4-4-2 after slating it for the whole season. lol

Ndidi         Mendy

Drinkwater

Albrighton                Gray

Vardy/Musa

Easy.

4 hours ago, Innovindil said:

Fuch me. We try 4-3-3 in 2 games and it worked fairly well, we try an odd 3 at the back sort of bull against the league leaders and it doesn't work very well, and now most are begging to go back to a 4-4-2 after slating it for the whole season. lol

Ndidi         Mendy

Drinkwater

Albrighton                Gray

Vardy/Musa

Easy.

The reason people on here have been calling for a change to 4-3-3, or similar, is that 4-4-2 didn't work without Kante - our 2 in central midfield got swamped by the oppo, who usually played 3 in central midfield.

Now that we have Ndidi showing signs of being very close to a Kante replacement, it makes perfect sense to revert back to the 4-4-2 that served us so well last season.

2 minutes ago, deep blue said:

The reason people on here have been calling for a change to 4-3-3, or similais that 4-4-2 didn't work without Kante - our 2 in central midfield got swamped by the oppo, who usually played 3 in central midfield.

Now that we have Ndidi showing signs of being very close to a Kante replacement, it makes perfect sense to revert back to the 4-4-2 that served us so well last season.

Served us so well with Mahrez's magic. We don't have him. At least as big a loss as Kante, regardless of his current form.

Archived