Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Southampton AWAY Pre Match

6 hours ago, Innovindil said:

Fuch me. We try 4-3-3 in 2 games and it worked fairly well, we try an odd 3 at the back sort of bull against the league leaders and it doesn't work very well, and now most are begging to go back to a 4-4-2 after slating it for the whole season. lol

Simpson Morgan Huth Chilwell

Ndidi         Mendy

Drinkwater

Albrighton                Gray

Vardy/Musa

Easy.

Did 433 'work pretty well' really? The performance at Middlesbrough was a complete embarrassment. We then won in an FA cup game which lets be honest could have gone either way. 

Drinkwater has to play, and I don't think I've ever seen him play well in a 3. Ndidi looks very capable to me of protecting the defence sufficiently and allowing DD to be our ball player in the middle of the park. The only thing that concerns me is Romeu. Thought he ran the show at our pace earlier in the season. Pray he's rested for their league cup game. 

Despite being on a poor run they battered Liverpool last week, could have won 4-0, that said 90 minutes away from Wembley, can see them resting 2 or 3 key men, expect to get something, and looking at remaining fixtures, we need to start getting points from games like these....for me Old back five, Gray, Drinkwater, Ndidi, Albrighton, Vardy, Okazaki.....lose and with Burnley (a) Man U & Liverpool (h) upcoming it really is a relegation scrap we are in

They're in shocking form in the league and have cup ties in midweek before and after - we've got to take it to them. Back to the 4-3-3 - defensively sound vs Middlesbrough but ndidi and drinks with mendy in the centre. Grey and Musa up top as the wide forwards + any from Vardy, okazaki or ulloa.

1 hour ago, Dickov22 said:

Did 433 'work pretty well' really? The performance at Middlesbrough was a complete embarrassment. We then won in an FA cup game which lets be honest could have gone either way. 

Drinkwater has to play, and I don't think I've ever seen him play well in a 3. Ndidi looks very capable to me of protecting the defence sufficiently and allowing DD to be our ball player in the middle of the park. The only thing that concerns me is Romeu. Thought he ran the show at our pace earlier in the season. Pray he's rested for their league cup game. 

In fairness to the previous poster, we played 4-3-1-2 at Boro. I take your point that we've yet to really see it work though, and I personally believe we need Slimani to make it most efficient, which is obviously a problem at the minute. 

See a draw here people

Saving ourselves for the Derby Game, which has been moved

So I'll have to catch the that result later as I'll be in Minehead watching "The Giants of Rock" Weekend

As for Southampton, aren't some of their players looking leave in Jan

Schmeichel

Simpson   Morgan   Huth    Fuchs

Drinkwater  Ndidi  Mendy

Albrighton                                   Gray

Musa

Hopefully we won't see Drinkwater drifting out to right midfield again, because 3 in middle is definitely the way to go. Vardy did absolutely nothing on Saturday (I don't think he even broke into a sprint), so needs dropping.

Hopefully we go out there and attack, because we're dreadful when we set up to keep it tight. Which is most games these days, unfortunately. Surely the penny will drop before long? Get teams on the back foot and play higher up the pitch.

15 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Yup. Drinkwater usually seems to play better with King and vice versa. And King is more creative.

Because Drinkwater has played loads of times with Mendy to build up an understanding!!

King over Mendy is a massive backward step.

I like Southampton, a good honest football side with the best centre half in the league in VVD, aside Alderweireld.

Heart say 2-1 us, head says 2 or 3 nil

It's important Ranieri drills his tactics in to the side and works on it in training. Watching the Chelsea game you'd think they'd never played together before.

Schmeicel

Simpson

Morgan

Huth

Fuchs

Gray

Drinky

Ndidi

Mendy

Albrighton

Vardy

I didn't think we were that bad against Chelsea (for the first hour at least); they're the league leaders on top form after all.

Would like to see the return of a back 4 with Chillwell at LB, Drinky/Mendy/Ndidi in the middle

Gray/Vardy/Shinji up front.

Musa to replace Shinji after an hour

Desperately need to come away with at least one point as we're unlikely to get another for a few matches after this. I hope Clownio can perform better than he did on Saturday and motivate rather than emphasising that we're in a relegation battle, losing faith here brothers.....

6 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

Desperately need to come away with at least one point as we're unlikely to get another for a few matches after this. I hope Clownio can perform better than he did on Saturday and motivate rather than emphasising that we're in a relegation battle, losing faith here brothers.....

Oh I lost faith ages ago.

15 hours ago, Dickov22 said:

15 hours ago, Dickov22 said:

Are we going to play without a Goal Keeper. that will certainly be a new approach.

Back 4 with Fuchs instead of chilwell.

Drinky and ndidi have to play, as does gray. The rest can fit in depending on what  formation ranieri chooses, assuming 4 at the back.

Basically, drinky ndidi and gray must play. Even though drinky is off form he is one of the few we have who can see a pass. Ndidi can tackle in midfield better than anyone else we have and passes forward more often than not. Gray creates chances.

Maybe also okazaki needs to start as we seem to play better when he starts

22 hours ago, sly1 said:

442 please

It's left a bad taste in the mouth of many fans, but I'd like to see the return of it too.

Kasper

Simpson

Morgan

Huth

Chilwell/Fuchs

Albrighton

Drinky/Mendy

Ndidi

Musa/Gray

Okazaki/Gray

Vardy

Although this may turn more into a 4-2-3-1, with a somewhat fluid 3 if Musa and Gray are playing.

27 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Fully expecting a repeat of Middlesbrough away. 

'Leicester's midfield 3, killing games since 2017'

We should only be so lucky to have a repeat of Middlesbrough away. If all we did was draw each away game 0-0, we'd have 7 more points and be sitting in 9th place.

44 minutes ago, Detroit Blues said:

We should only be so lucky to have a repeat of Middlesbrough away. If all we did was draw each away game 0-0, we'd have 7 more points and be sitting in 9th place.

We've played United, Chelsea, Liverpool, Tottenham all away from home. The hardest fixtures( apart from Arsenal).

Archived