Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leamington Fox

Our Best Starting XI

GK - Schmeichel

RCB - Hernandez

CB - Morgan

LCB - Fuchs

RWB - Albrighton

LWB - Chilwell

CDM - Ndidi

CDM - Drinkwater/Mendy

RW - Gray

ST - Slimani

LW - Mahrez

threat with long throws... pace on wings and grafters in central positions and quality up front!

would love up see this

3 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

GK - Schmeichel

RCB - Hernandez

CB - Morgan

LCB - Fuchs

RWB - Albrighton

LWB - Chilwell

CDM - Ndidi

CDM - Mendy

RAM - Gray

CAM - Drinkwater

LAM - Mahrez

ST - Slimani

thrwara with long throws... pace on wings and grafters in central positions and quality up front!

would love up see this

one too many players buddy!

6 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

GK - Schmeichel

RCB - Hernandez

CB - Morgan

LCB - Fuchs

RWB - Albrighton

LWB - Chilwell

CDM - Ndidi

CDM - Mendy

RAM - Gray

CAM - Drinkwater

LAM - Mahrez

ST - Slimani

thrwara with long throws... pace on wings and grafters in central positions and quality up front!

would love up see this

Ah, the old 3-2-2-3-1 eh! :thumbup:

Our best starting 11 is so difficult to pick now, but for all the wrong reasons as so many of our top performers have been so underwhelming. 

This is what I think could potential be our strongest team, if players found some form again.

----------------------Kasper---------------------

Simpson------Morgan------Huth------Fuchs

----------N'didi-----------------Mendy----------

--------------------Drinkwater-------------------

Mahrez------------------------------------Gray

--------------------Slimani-----------------------

The tough decision was leaving Vardy out, as he was so good last season but I just think Slimani can hold the ball up better and is such a threat in the air. Would like to have them both on the pitch, but they seem to struggle as a pair and also It means we may have to sacrifice the 3 in midfield.

After this window, I am hoping we will have a new starting CB and also a RB to at least push Simpson, as Chilwell is doing at LB. 

23 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Our best starting 11 is so difficult to pick now, but for all the wrong reasons as so many of our top performers have been so underwhelming. 

This is what I think could potential be our strongest team, if players found some form again.

Simpson------Morgan------Huth------Fuchs

----------N'didi-----------------Mendy----------

--------------------Drinkwater-------------------

--------------------Slimani-----------------------

The tough decision was leaving Vardy out, as he was so good last season but I just think Slimani can hold the ball up better and is such a threat in the air. Would like to have them both on the pitch, but they seem to struggle as a pair and also It means we may have to sacrifice the 3 in midfield.

After this window, I am hoping we will have a new starting CB and also a RB to at least push Simpson, as Chilwell is doing at LB. 

With the players we have I agree. Having three in the middle means we can afford to play both gray and Mahrez. Hopefully we can get another decent centre half though to go into that side.

Kasper

simpson          Huth           Morgan.        Fuchs 

Gray .               Drinky.        James.         Mahrez 

.                        Vardy .         Okazaki 

as as can tell not impressed with many of our signings recently. 

Based on current form:

Simpson------Morgan------Huth------Chill

----------N'didi--------------Drinkwater----------

------------------------Shinji-----------------------

--------------------Slim/Vards-----------------------

My thoughts:

1. Shinji has to start every game. His link up play is crucial and he sets an example to follow for other players who sometimes just sink in and disappear when we're trailing. The guy is the embodiment of that fearless Leicester spirit. I'd like CR to try and play him as number 10. The team badly need a link between DM and attacking players.  

2. Mahrez is a luxury player but we have to play him every game. We lack creativity so badly, he has to start regardless of his poor form. Imo CR should bet more often on Mahrez-Slimani partnership. Surely they like and know each other well playing for Algeria and all.

3. I'd put Gray over Albrighton any day. I understand Claudio's love for MA, but we will concede anyway. Let's try to create some chances upfront for a change. Is having one or more shots on goal during the game too much to ask? :P

4. A new, reliable CB would be most welcome. I wish Kasper was already made the captain so CR could drop Wes sometimes. Sadly there's no one to replace him or Huth atm... which is unbelievable. 

5. Fuchs' form is hitting new lows recently, I can barely recognize last year's title winner in him. Chillwell should start more often at LB. Of course he's young and will make mistakes but Fuchs shouldn't be granted his place in the squad automatically

6. Vards or Slim - that is the question. Based on current form and motivation I'd be incined to play Slim next game. He just needs to work on his ball control and passing skills. Sadly Leo won't get a sniff of the pitch because Slim is the big transfer and Vards is the big earner :(

7. Moose should be used every game as an impact player. Depending on situation, either as a winger or as a striker.

8. NEED MORE CABBAGE

i think it's time to drop both huth & morgan...

if you see the last chelsea goal - not sure why morgan is rooted near the goal line area instead of rushing out to intercept a lofty ball -with Pedro leaping to head in.  Morgan has zero confidence.

As it stands with everyone available;

Schmeichel

Simpson

Amartey

Huth

Chilwell

Mendy

Ndidi

Drinkwater

Mahrez

Slimani

Musa

Subs: Zieler, Morgan, Fuchs, King, Albrighton, Vardy, Ulloa

Ideally I'd like us to sign a top quality centre half in this window to play with Huth. Amartey should be our long term centre back.

5 minutes ago, erlee said:

i think it's time to drop both huth & morgan...

if you see the last chelsea goal - not sure why morgan is rooted near the goal line area instead of rushing out to intercept a lofty ball -with Pedro leaping to head in.  Morgan has zero confidence.

the trouble is we have no one to replace them with, we have no decent back up to them!

1 hour ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

As it stands with everyone available;

Schmeichel

Simpson

Amartey

Huth

Chilwell

Mendy

Ndidi

Drinkwater

Mahrez

Slimani

Musa

Subs: Zieler, Morgan, Fuchs, King, Albrighton, Vardy, Ulloa

Ideally I'd like us to sign a top quality centre half in this window to play with Huth. Amartey should be our long term centre back.

No Demarai Gray? Not even on the bench? IMO he would be the first name on the team sheet at present. 

Schmeichel

Simpson

Morgan

Huth/Amartey

Chilwell (2 good LB but would rather develop for the future, plus he looks like scoring a few goals in the short time he has been playing)

Mendy

Ndidi

Drinkwater

Mahrez

Slimani

Gray

Slimani target man with Gray and Mahrez allowed free roles like Hazard, could be dangerous and would add some unpredictability to the attack.

If down to me would be Huth and Amartey (only got him as a maybe as im not sure how he would do at CB but could be great) but as Morgan is captain he wont be dropped.

17 hours ago, Deano79 said:

Kasper

simpson          Huth           Morgan.        Fuchs 

Gray .               Drinky.        James.         Mahrez 

.                        Vardy .         Okazaki 

as as can tell not impressed with many of our signings recently. 

No Ndidi and No Slimani?  That's nuts, in my respectful opinion.

Archived