Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CKB

What worries you the most right now?

Lack of pressing and energy from the players. I just don't get why we aren't seeing it.

On the odd occassion when we have this season, we have been successful. Just seems bizarre that a) Claudio is instructing them not to or b) players are simply ignoring instructions to do so.

Look at Liverpool today, they pressed and pressed and caused a very decent Man U, lots of problems. Last season, we did it every game and looked awesome because of it,

Why the hell have we stopped?? 

Also, lack of decent links to players so far in this window. We need 2 CB's, a RB and an attacking midfielder/no.10

These deals should be some way a long already and I am concerned we will end up with no one else coming in. 

14 minutes ago, CKB said:

Oh I agree but let's face it football can change in the blink of an eye. We are where we are now but one day we could be a Cov/Forest again and they could be doing well. Look at Leeds, it seems like it's there turn to rise up again

Of course I'm hoping we have many years of success/stability and stay in the top flight forever if possible! But I always have that feeling at the back of my mind that's like "oh we will go down, we will end up struggling again" maybe that's just the LCFC fans way of thinking at times lol

Yep. We've been a yo-yo team all my life so I fully expect us to one day in the future go down again and struggle again. Just as I expect Leeds, Newcastle, Sheff Wed and the like to one day bounce back to their former glories. It all goes in cycles which is why last season was such a historic and amazing one off. Even if we do end up in the shit again, I'll always be able to look back fondly knowing that we did it - we actually fvckin did it and we won the PL.

Any there's many, many football fans across the country who can't say that and may never ever say that in their lifetime...

3 minutes ago, CityFan 06 said:

The fact we could've pushed on and not settled for a relegation battle / lower half battle still niggles me. We may well still push on this season and start to go on a run, but it feels like we're always waiting for that. It's saddening how we've dropped so dramatically when there was real potential to develop. 

I hope against hope after this season (providing we stay up), the club are still ambitious to push on and become a top ten or top half Premier League team, including competing for Europe. That is what we should be looking at in a realistic sense. 

This is a very capable squad, albeit in need of a few signings in key positions here and there.

It's a capable squad for sure, I as a fan just look for stability. Progression each year will be fine for me, if we finish top 8/10 every year I'd be fine with that as it means we are established. Yes it would be great to become more than that but I'd take stability over anything

If someone told me you would play in the PL forever but win nothing or the odd cup now and again I'd take that! I don't wanna get relegated! I don't wanna play in the Championship anymore or god forbid lower! 

I just want LCFC as an established PL team, hosting the likes of Man Utd and not Rotherham Utd

12 minutes ago, crazyleicester said:

Negative hysterical posts by people who need to relax a tad.

It's not negative? It's simply stating an opinion! Can you honestly tell me we have been great this season? Can you honestly say Ranieri hasn't made some bizarre decisions? I'm just trying to gage what people think without them blue tinted glasses and mindset of well CR won us the league he can't be criticised! Fergie won numerous titles he still was criticised at times. There's nothing wrong with that, doesn't mean I'm a Claudio hater as I'm not I want him to get us over this but I'm just sharing my thoughts

12 minutes ago, CKB said:

It's a capable squad for sure, I as a fan just look for stability. Progression each year will be fine for me, if we finish top 8/10 every year I'd be fine with that as it means we are established. Yes it would be great to become more than that but I'd take stability over anything

If someone told me you would play in the PL forever but win nothing or the odd cup now and again I'd take that! I don't wanna get relegated! I don't wanna play in the Championship anymore or god forbid lower! 

I just want LCFC as an established PL team, hosting the likes of Man Utd and not Rotherham Utd

We all do. And so do the supporters of all the other PL teams.

But we've got no god given right to be an established PL team really. Apart from the current PL top 6, most if not all of the other teams have flirted around the relegation places at some stage over recent years. There are no guarantees of PL stability unless you're one of the really big boys with filthy rich owners who can just keep spending obscene amounts of money on players and wages. The rest of us will always have the risk of going down, and as we saw with 'big' clubs like Villa and Newcastle, no one is immune from it. Just enjoy the good times while they're here mate :thumbup:

1 minute ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

We all do. And so do the supporters of all the other PL teams.

But we've got no god given right to be an established PL team really. Apart from the current PL top 6, most if not all of the other teams have flirted around the relegation places at some stage over recent years. There are no guarantees of PL stability unless you're one of the really big boys with filthy rich owners who can just keep spending obscene amounts of money on players and wages. The rest of us will always have the risk of going down, and as we saw with 'big' clubs like Villa and Newcastle, no one is immune from it. Just enjoy the good times while they're here mate :thumbup:

True i just don't wanna play in the Championship anymore. Once you have that PL taste you wanna taste it forever as it is the place to be. But you are right we don't have any devine right, I just hope we can stick around for a very long time then

6 minutes ago, brucey said:

Relegation :ph34r:

Multiple players in this squad have essentially said in interviews that they believe they are too good to go down. :unsure:

Have they? they might wanna rethink that then with only 21pts on the board and slowly hitting February! 

2 minutes ago, CKB said:

Have they? they might wanna rethink that then with only 21pts on the board and slowly hitting February! 

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/leicester-city-left-back-christian-fuchs-100-per-cent-convinced-champions-won-t-be-relegated/story-30052711-detail/story.html

"When you look at our squad, when you look at the names, look at some games that we've played, I'm 100 per cent convinced we're going to stay in the Premier League," 

http://www.squawka.com/news/riyad-mahrez-leicester-city-have-the-quality-to-avoid-relegation-this-season/834584

“Relegation? No, I don’t even think about it. We have the quality to stay in the Premier League.”

Is it just me who think Vardy have lost a yard of pace?

Watch his 2nd goal against Barnsley 3 years ago and he looks a lot quicker then. He's only 30, not that old.

3 minutes ago, CKB said:

True i just don't wanna play in the Championship anymore. Once you have that PL taste you wanna taste it forever as it is the place to be. But you are right we don't have any devine right, I just hope we can stick around for a very long time then

I remember the MON years fondly. We had a great team and a great Manager. Regular trips to Wembley, consecutive top 10 finishes, winning the League cup twice and European football - they were glory days. I thought we were fairly established then and we could give anyone a game on our day - then almost overnight it all turned to rat shit.

Everyone knows the years of pain and struggle that followed and then eventually we got back to the promised land. And then fvck me, we only went and won the bloody thing.

But it's through watching the years of dross that makes the success even sweeter for me. You've got to taste the lows to appreciate the highs (or however the saying goes)

Nothing lasts forever so lets all just hope we stick around for as long as we can and appreciate it while it's here. Which has been tough this season after what happened last season to be honest. I've been as guilty as anyone of anger, frustration and disappointment this season - but then I pinch myself and remember how fortunate we really are right now.

Archived