Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CKB

What worries you the most right now?

When we have an off day we are probably the worst team to watch in the league as we play constant percentages 'hoof' ball. Other fans must be scratching their heads as to how we won the league.

the players need to somehow learn to be more comfortable and controlled on the ball. 

11 hours ago, sdb said:

We don't know our best system, our best players aren't on form, our centre backs are slow and exposed (fixing point 1 would solve this short term) and I don't think the management is that tactically astute. 

Pretty much this. A poor transfer market has led to having two centre backs at 30+ years of age.

Our style of play is horrific too.

The lack of meaningful shots/chances created is my biggest worry. 

Take Saturday for instance - yes Chelsea are a good side, but did Courtois make a single decent save? 

It worries me that Mahrez (& maybe Gray) are probably our only players that can actually create something - and neither of them is exactly consistent (although Gray is hampered by not having a run in the side). 

The style of play is otherwise just turgid. 

The only thing that is somewhat bugging me is our fanbase and how a certain portion of it will take a lower mid-table finish comes May. I think we'll escape relegation. Just.

But last season's highly surprising title win must've turned some heads and I do hope people keep their feet on the ground when it comes to expectations.

A decent FA Cup run is in the realm of the possible this time around and highly likely our sole chance at getting something out of a competition.

Summer 2017 will be massive in terms of player personnel, I can see us shifting a fair bit of players in July/August.

And I'm not sure we'll see Ranieri at the helm for the 2017/2018 campaign also.

44 minutes ago, leicesterseddon said:

The lack of meaningful shots/chances created is my biggest worry. 

Take Saturday for instance - yes Chelsea are a good side, but did Courtois make a single decent save? 

Agreed! I've lost count how many games we have played and never once looked like scoring or even getting in a position to do something!

Yes we may have been worked out by tactical astute managers but you can't just go into games thinking "oh it'll click this week" and not having any plan when it doesn't 

the strikers need the ball more and need better service with precise passing and not hit and hope balls which Drinkwater likes to play. we can't let our defence take so much pressure because they invariably buckle and I would like the midfield to hold onto the ball more and be more creative in their approach. we have a lot of young players and they need coaching in the right way to get the best out of them and to maximize their talent and potential. we need to have more in our locker than playing counter attack football

What worries me most is the lack of creativity, hopefully the midfield 3 that played on Saturday will be better when its not against Chelsea. So reliant on a couple of players to score goals (only really Vardy while the other 2 are in africa)

If you look at a team like Hull, they do create chances but have woeful at taking them. Palace are likely to improve at some point under Big Sam, Sunderland always have a chance with Defoe. Swansea are doomed.

Defence isn't great but can still do a job against most teams.

Not gonna lie, I fear Ranieri will be sacked in November. 

We will stay up this season but make the same transfer mistakes. Ranieri will stick with his aging captain and partner as CBs and we'll get off to a bad start. By November the owners will pull the trigger. 

What worries me most? If we turn this season around and become consistently good, people won't be able to use the word "Doggo".

In reality, what worries me most, is that this is all a plan and we're not being told. 

Perhaps the plan is to get 40 points, survive in the Prem, do well in the CL, do well in the FA Cup and make us all look like hypocritical idiots. 

8 minutes ago, Danny Clender said:

What worries me most? If we turn this season around and become consistently good, people won't be able to use the word "Doggo".

In reality, what worries me most, is that this is all a plan and we're not being told. 

Perhaps the plan is to get 40 points, survive in the Prem, do well in the CL, do well in the FA Cup and make us all look like hypocritical idiots. 

That's an evil plan!

13 hours ago, dayday said:

This is starting to show on the pitch , the players don't know there roles and the uncertainty is going to drag us down.

I think with all these new signings Claudio is struggling to fit them in, rather than being ruthless he is trying to please everyone and ain't working, whether that's got to with the money spent and he needs to justify them I don't know, but it must have some bearing.

Reckon that's about the crux of it.

the strikers need the ball more and need better service with precise passing and not hit and hope balls which Drinkwater likes to play. we can't let our defence take so much pressure because they invariably buckle and I would like the midfield to hold onto the ball more and be more creative in their approach. we have a lot of young players and they need coaching in the right way to get the best out of them and to maximize their talent and potential. we need to have more in our locker than playing counter attack football

Completely agree!  We urgently need players who feel comfortable on the ball and can retain possession.  We ought not to be playing counter attacking football in each and every match because we lack players able to keep the ball.  After all if we have the ball the opposition can't score!  The more possession they have the more pressure on our ageing defence.  Plus we need more ball possession to create more chances for our forwards.  

Don't agree with this notion that if we have possession the other team cannot score. Did you watch the Everton v Man City game? Tiki Taka works only when the entire philosophy is right and you have an entire group of players clever enough to implement it. Our players cannot, if we brought some in like Ramirez or Sigurson, which I'd love to see, it would help us but the crux is the rest of the team would have to readjust and I worry they aren't capable.

Definitely the style of play worries me the most. We look incapable of playing anything other than kick and rush and all of our opponents know it. It's so easy to defend against now they know we have no other plan. We have no creative spark in the middle and a quite terrible defence. Vardy doesn't look interested and Isn't taking games by the scruff of the neck like.he used to.

And Ranieri thinks we are good

I just don't think there is enough movement when we are on the ball. Yes teams have worked us out but imo it comes down to desire. Our team don't show enough of it. Every game we look like we are second to all balls and when we do have possession nobody is moving. nobody. which leaves the players no option but to pass sideways or play hoof ball. Just watch our games and compare our movement to last season. Last season we had spells in certain games (not all) where we knocked the ball about Barcelona style and that was all down to players creating space. other games simply catching teams on the counter was good enough but during those moment we had atleast 4 or 5 players rushing the oppenents half creating tones of space for chances and goals. players have won the league, are tired, have been paid too much and don't show the same desire. simple as

Archived