Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CKB

What worries you the most right now?

1 hour ago, ARCHER said:

Cheers, that just made me feel worse :(

My youngest just passed his test, had a bump within a week,luckily not his fault, and i never know when he's coming in. It's like letting a rabid dog off a lease. The only advice i think you can give them is tell them they're in charge of a ton and half of metal which is a bit more dangerous than a pushbike if it hits something, and they won't start learning to drive till after they pass their test and pray it sinks in.

Arch.Bay,Chico,Yorkie.

I cannot offer much hope I'm afraid.Daughter showing no sign of wanting to drive but the lad has been a nightmare.On the day we bought his first car he took it out at night whilst I was asleep and got a speeding ticket no insurance.Numerous offences,close shaves, cars written off and accidents later picked up 12 months ban £1000 fine .Didn't stop him.

Managed to get finance on a £15k BMW within 3 months £3k worth of damage another 6 points and £300 for no insurance and the finance company are coming tomorrow to repossess the car -will no doubt get a bill for the shortfall when they sell it on.Madness.

I was too generous in hindsight I would only suggest you try to get the youngsters to pay their own way.

Best of luck

On 16/01/2017 at 13:28, AKCJ said:

Southampton are a club I wanted us to aspire to when we were promoted and my view hasn't changed.

Hear, hear. 

This what worries me. There is no long-term thinking at the club currently. It's this why you see the bottom four clubs in their position. They sold players but had no plan to replace. Alongside this it's understandable given last season that some poor decisions were made like the pre-season schedule etc. as the club wanted to milk the attention. 

Ranieri probably due to the nature of the jobs he's had; never really had to manage all facets of a club. We need to thinking longer term when we make signings. We are acting proactively currently and it's gotta change. We should have been looking at centre-backs twelve months ago and slowly introducing a younger lad. We should have been developing a different system and a plan B in pre-season, then using it in certain games. 

I'm a big fan of Slimani but I see no understanding of how to actually use him or he fits within a system. We brought prospects and hoped another star would be made. It should have been mainly PL quality to supplement what we have. 

What Southampton do so well is that they understand their level on the food chain. They sell their assets because this controls the wage bill and they have a replacement in mind ready. 

@Cardiff Fox and others

Has everyone forgotten the 3 year plan for finishing in the top 5?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/27387616

To suggest there is no long term plan is just panic talk, you only have to look at the number of young up and coming players with potential that we have signed in the last 12 months to understand there is a plan in place.  A slow build to establishing ourselves.  I have faith that the owners know what they are doing and that Claudio is the man to lead the transition in the coming couple of seasons.

Keep the faith!

13 minutes ago, daverollo said:

@Cardiff Fox and others

Has everyone forgotten the 3 year plan for finishing in the top 5?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/27387616

To suggest there is no long term plan is just panic talk, you only have to look at the number of young up and coming players with potential that we have signed in the last 12 months to understand there is a plan in place.  A slow build to establishing ourselves.  I have faith that the owners know what they are doing and that Claudio is the man to lead the transition in the coming couple of seasons.

Keep the faith!

You mean the three year plan what should have us lodged in the top five right now? It was the annual owners Thai media boast they make every June/July time to keep people interested in Thailand. 

If there was a plan why haven't we signed an out and out right back for two years? Or a centre-back under 28? 

As for long-term planning - the club haven't made the most of potential stadium extension and currently the youth set-up is a mess. 

What worries me is where we go from here.

I have no doubt we will avoid relegation this season, I think the results will come.

Never say never with the Champions League/FA Cup but no one is expecting us to win.

My question is once the dust settles and we are no longer defending champions, what is our next target?

Drinkwater said in an interview recently top 10 was the aim for this season, which is understandable and achievable. But where does Claudio see us next season? Surely we can't just be that club that is content with staying in the premier league every year.

Having won a league title, I feel our ambitions should be higher. To try and qualify for Europe again is by no means impossible.

But do the players/Ranieri see it the same way? I don't want us to become another Blackburn

I sense a bit of a lack of vision and I do hope we're not already at a crossroads where the only two options are a standstill or a backwards move (f.eg. relegation).

Of course, as a fan I want this club to prosper, but in a healthy, sustainable way. The whole package should be attractive by improving fans' relations, the stadium, training facilities, the youth academy, and not just an emphasis put on hiring new first-team players for record-breaking fees, only to see them having difficulties settling in.

We have fantastic owners, at least when you compare them to others in the league, but following the highly surprising title win last season they seem to be a bit clueless as how to proceed from here, just as much as the team on the pitch.

I mean, how do you top that? It's as if the unexpected success has completely taken them all by surprise.

Our scouting approach is a bit of a mixed bag as of late, with Ndidi being some sort of rectifying move (as a more direct replacement of Kanté than Amartey, for instance). I'm not saying it's easy to spot the right targets and to get them to function within the setup that we have, as there's always a fair bit of luck involved. In hindsight however, our squad doesn't come across as overly balanced as there's an emphasis or up until recently, there was an emphasis on recruiting too many attacking players and no central midfielders or up-and-coming centre-backs or full-backs.

The team is also on the aging side, whilst some fringe players don't seem to feature at all or very little (Benalouane, Hernandez, King and Ulloa to an extent and the fate of James still unclear).

We're verging on stagnation somehow or at least that's the feel I'm getting, although I wouldn't say it's time for panicking (yet). The Champions League situation is only sugarcoating it all.

I do hope we come to our senses again, as the whole organisation is living on Cloud Nine still, whilst struggling to come to terms with the harsh reality of the Premier League.

Let's look at this season as some kind of transitional phase, with better days to come in 2017/2018.

Archived