Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DB11

Match Ratings : Leicester City 0-3 Chelsea - Vote Now

Drinkwater worse player on the pitch for me. Had an absolute stinker.

The players had no clue what they were doing. Why we continuously punted the ball up to Vardy ill never know. Luiz and Cahill never had it so easy.

Ranieri got the tactics massively wrong. Players screaming at each other wondering where they were meant to be. Gray was the only positive who should start every game for us

First half wasn't too bad. Our midfield looked more competitive - though still lacking in creativity. Still well in it at half-time having conceded one loose goal & few chances to a slick, sharp CFC team.

Second half, we just collapsed after the unlucky second goal, which is worrying as regards confidence. How many fvcking misplaced passes?! Lucky to only lose 0-3 in the end.

I gave mostly 4s and 5s.

Higher for Ndidi, who's looking a good buy - admittedly on limited evidence so far. Mendy & Albrighton were decent first-half, but deteriorated. Excellent cameo with real creativity/threat from Gray late-on.

Absolute stinkers from Vardy, Musa, Drinky & Fuchs....

As an aside: what was Kasper up to, racing miles out of his area trying a mid-air volley on a Chelski through-ball that Fuchs had covered - then lambasting Fuchs?! :blink:

Kasper's generally a force for good - and he's one of the few to have had a good season - but he loses his head occasionally. Tranquilo, Kasper!

5 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

[...]

As an aside: what was Kasper up to, racing miles out of his area trying a mid-air volley on a Chelski through-ball that Fuchs had covered - then lambasting Fuchs?! :blink:

Kasper's generally a force for good - and he's one of the few to have had a good season - but he loses his head occasionally. Tranquilo, Kasper!

Can happen when the team collapses and no one knows exactly what he has to do. Then even the best ones start to lose it.

Schmeichel 5

Morgan 4

Huth 4

Fuchs 3

Albrighton 3

Drinkwater 3

Ndidi 5

Mendy 5

Chilwell 6

Musa 4

Vardy 5

subs:

Okazaki 5

Gray 6

Simpson 5

Chelsea 7

Ref 7

Ranieri 1 (stay)

Kasper 6  - One rush of blood to the head when he came out of his goal however I agree with the above poster - the team had collapsed by that point

Fuchs 4 - Looked leggy. Gets some sympathy as he'd been asked to play in a position he'd not played in for us before against the best team in the league

Morgan 5 - Awkward but thats due to the system

Huth 5 - As above

*Huth and Morgan have looked great in recent weeks in a back 4. Crazy to change it*

Albrighton 6 - Worked harder than anyone else on the field. Constantly tracking back

Chilwell 7  - One bright spark from the starting 11. How good is he in the air by the way? Superb the way he can just hang there

Mendy 6 - Good first half, anonymous second. Does the easiest job in the world, sideways and backwards. We need more

Drinkwater 5 - System doesnt suit him at all. Even he gave up towards the end which says everything

Ndidi 6 - Some great interceptions and can obviously play a bit too . Faded second half

Musa 2 - Not a footballer. I will not change my mind on him. When he should come short he goes long, when he should go long he comes short, poor touch, ineffective. Awful. What a waste of money. I'd argue Schlupp has more ability so that says it all

Vardy 5 - Showed some nice touches but we are basically making him run after crap ball time and time again. Must be frustrating for him

*These two cannot play together*

Subs:
Gray 7 - It is not an exageraration to say that he showed more in 20 minutes than any other Leicester player had all game. I can't understand why he doesnt start

Okazaki 7 - I'm not a huge fan but again, thought he was one of our better players

Simpson N/A - wasnt on long enough. Strange substitution - what was he trying to achieve bringing him on with 13 minutes to go?!

We don't create anything. We don't have any creativity without Mahrez in the side, we dont get crosses into the box, we give absolutely nothing to our strikers to feed off.

Ranieri - 1. This is now the manager I thought we were getting when he joined us. If you look at his record, everywhere he goes (and he doesnt last long anywhere) he starts off well and then falls into disaster. Is the same happening here?

1) Why did he change the entire set up of the defence just when we've started to look more solid and keep the odd clean sheet?

2) He has spent £80 odd million. Is it acceptable that we now play like a relegation team when we won the league by TEN POINTS?! I didnt expect us to be challenging again, but with the players we have, the money spent, we should be mid table comfortably. This season is turning into an abomination. Why are media and most fans just accepting that this is reality for Leicester City? Why should it be? For me, Ranieri set the tone for the season at the start when he stated 'we are aiming to stay in the Premier League, achieve the 40 point mark' Again, WE WON THE LEAGUE BY TEN POINTS. IT WAS NOT A FLUKE!  Is it ok that we are below Burnley, WBA, Watford, Bournemouth etc? Not for me

3) In the second half, we were shambolic. No one knew what they were doing. His substitutions he may as well have picked out of a hat.

4) Danny Simpson has been our most consistent defender WHY WAS HE DROPPED

5) Demarai Gray plays well every game pretty much, yet doesnt get a run of games WHY NOT?

6) His post match interview was lauaghable, he said we played well. I'm also fed up of him saying we will 'continue to fight, show character etc etc' SAME THING EVERY WEEK

7) Chelsea didnt even need to play well to beat us. I wonder if theyve had an easier 6 points this season?

I really hope we dont end up having to sack him. He will be a legend here forever, but we cannot afford to go down to the championship.

1 hour ago, Alf Bentley said:

First half wasn't too bad. Our midfield looked more competitive - though still lacking in creativity. Still well in it at half-time having conceded one loose goal & few chances to a slick, sharp CFC team.

Second half, we just collapsed after the unlucky second goal, which is worrying as regards confidence. How many fvcking misplaced passes?! Lucky to only lose 0-3 in the end.

I gave mostly 4s and 5s.

Higher for Ndidi, who's looking a good buy - admittedly on limited evidence so far. Mendy & Albrighton were decent first-half, but deteriorated. Excellent cameo with real creativity/threat from Gray late-on.

Absolute stinkers from Vardy, Musa, Drinky & Fuchs....

whether the keeper is right or wrong, if the keeper calls for it, the defender should get out of the way.

its part of being a keeper, making that call and the incident was just a one off cock up but it wouldnt surprise me to see the players struggling with communication and trusting one another at the moment.

25 minutes ago, Royston. said:

whether the keeper is right or wrong, if the keeper calls for it, the defender should get out of the way.

its part of being a keeper, making that call and the incident was just a one off cock up but it wouldnt surprise me to see the players struggling with communication and trusting one another at the moment.

Not in that situation. If Fuchs is at all unsure he has to head it away.

Fuchs had a crap game but he made the right decision there.

40 minutes ago, Royston. said:

yeah kasper is wrong but he can see more than fuchs so fuchs has to trust schmeichel has made the right decision and leave it.

Schmeichel was in the wrong, any situation where your goalkeeper has hurtled 40 yards from his goal to attempt a waist-high volley clear when there's a defender around suggests as much.

Strange formation, strange set up and all round Chelsea were far better than us. I was frustrated with how we lined up and our style of play. They moved the ball around so well. 

Chilwell was probably our best player. Musa cannot control a ball, I've said this from the first time I saw him, and Drinkwater cannot play that role where he's coming wide because he lacks pace. Three midfielders were the same type of player. We lack creativity and goals from midfield. Bringing Simpson on at 0-3 was pointless, he should have started anyway. The Chelsea goals weren't even quality - they didn't have to work hard for them - and the third is a joke as it deflects through all of our players stood still and watched apart from Kasper. An awful game from our point of view. Must improve.

Chelsea were good, take nothing away from them, but Luiz and Cahill - two players who always look 'dodgy' when put under pressure - will not get an easier game all season.

Vardy was worst player on pitch, did next to nothing the entire game... I remember musa at least tracked back and made a few tackles and got involved but he ain't the answer up front... tactics were the reasons why we were so poor but I can only score how I seen it on the pitch

It's hard to give any of the players a rating based on that performance.

If I didn't know that half the team were playing out of position, i'd have said that we were certainties for relegation.

What we learnt is that Fuchs is a poor central defender, Drinkwater is the worst right-sided player in the Premiership, Musa is a terrible target man and that  Albrighton has awful positional sense for a right-back. 

I think they were all let down by the Manager's very poor tactical choices and baffling substitutions. The confidence visibly drained away from most of the players as the game dragged on.

I feel especially sorry for Musa. Yes he was poor, but he showed against Everton what he can do when played as an out-and-out striker. He deserved to keep his place ahead of Vardy (who should have started from the bench).

The team seems to be picked on either last season's from or your transfer value. There's no way that Musa should be ahead of Okasaki or Gray in either the 'no 10' or wide roles, but similarly, it's harsh that Vardy is ahead of Musa in the no 9 role.

Sort it out Claudio! Play players in their proper positions.

6 minutes ago, Fox Ulike said:

It's hard to give any of the players a rating based on that performance.

If I didn't know that half the team were playing out of position, i'd have said that we were certainties for relegation.

What we learnt is that Fuchs is a poor central defender, Drinkwater is the worst right-sided player in the Premiership, Musa is a terrible target man and that  Albrighton has awful positional sense for a right-back. 

I think they were all let down by the Manager's very poor tactical choices and baffling substitutions. The confidence visibly drained away from most of the players as the game dragged on.

I feel especially sorry for Musa. Yes he was poor, but he showed against Everton what he can do when played as an out-and-out striker. He deserved to keep his place ahead of Vardy (who should have started from the bench).

The team seems to be picked on either last season's from or your transfer value. There's no way that Musa should be ahead of Okasaki or Gray in either the 'no 10' or wide roles, but similarly, it's harsh that Vardy is ahead of Musa in the no 9 role.

Sort it out Claudio! Play players in their proper positions.

Musa ahead of Vardy. That is possibly the most ridiculous thing I've ever read on here. Unbelievable 

1 hour ago, Fox Ulike said:

:D O come on!!

Two goals against Everton... You don't think he deserved to keep his place after that?

Not at the expense of the best striker at the club by a mile, no. Jamie Vardy is on a completely different planet to Ahmed Musa.

24 minutes ago, Dickov22 said:

Not at the expense of the best striker at the club by a mile, no. Jamie Vardy is on a completely different planet to Ahmed Musa.

Vardy has only scored in one of his last 20 games for us, and hasn't played for a month. So, it doesn't really matter who's on the best planet - what matters is who's the right man for each individual match.

Musa has been criticised for his performances on the wing. But that's a bit like England fans watching Jamie Vardy on the left wing and wondering what all the fuss is about.

I'm really just making the point that Ranieri should pick one number 9.  Not many teams are so good that they can afford to play two out-and-out strikers - and we certainly aren't.

40 minutes ago, Fox Ulike said:

Vardy has only scored in one of his last 20 games for us, and hasn't played for a month. So, it doesn't really matter who's on the best planet - what matters is who's the right man for each individual match.

Musa has been criticised for his performances on the wing. But that's a bit like England fans watching Jamie Vardy on the left wing and wondering what all the fuss is about.

I'm really just making the point that Ranieri should pick one number 9.  Not many teams are so good that they can afford to play two out-and-out strikers - and we certainly aren't.

Vardy isn't scoring because we insist on whacking long ball after long ball at him. If we create chances for him, he'll score. I watched Everton yesterday. They created so many chances for Lukaku and I just sat and thought how many of those Vardy would put away. We do not create anything anymore. 

Musa is a terrible footballer. I wouldn't even have the lad on the bench. I don't care if he's on the wing or up top, he's clearly not good enough. He's only getting picked because he cost so much money. 

Didn't really rate anyone too low - some 4s but mostly 5s and 6s, a couple 7s.

Yes, the performance was bad, but not because of the players. They all did their job or tried to. Claudio just got it completely wrong. And Chelsea were just too good.

On ‎16‎.‎01‎.‎2017 at 08:45, Royston. said:

5's for everyone apart from fuchs,drinkwater and musa who were all poor.

ranieri also poor.

positives: 5 points off the bottom 3:scarf:

How Huth and Morgan get a 5 while Musa or Vardy are being slain, is beyond me

Archived