Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simpmeister

Mamadou Sakho

Just now, STUHILL said:

We need some Liverpool fan's opinions on this guy. I'm not buying into the 'total bombscare' thing. He has captained France and only just signed a new long-term contract at Liverpool last summer. We are Leicester City, the perfect CB's are not in our reach I'm afraid. People need a reality check. Look at his stats and who he has played for.

Anyone have any Liverpool mates who might be able to give us a much better evalution of him :sweating:. I think we were all pretty fair about Schlupp for Palace fans 

Messaged a Liverpool fan today...  

"I rate him very highly, but, mad as a box of frogs"

nothing this thread hasnt hasn't already worked out in all honesty

5 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

what is this based on? liverpool fans all think he's their best centre half. klopp played him every week until he got sick of him not taking anything seriously. captained every side he's ever played for despite being pretty young. 

he's unconventional but he's superb. his possession stats are up their with the best in the league and he's made 1 error leading to a goal since he moved to england 3 and a half years ago. just because he doesn't stand square and still and boot the ball straight out of play people think he's john stones. 

Maybe it's his unconventional style that makes him look like a bit of a donkey.  It's not only me though, it does seem other Premier League fans also think he's awkward on the ball and got a mistake in him.

Liverpool fans do rate him higher than Lovren though so I appreciate that. 

I'm just not fully convinced. But then again we're now a mid table / lower half side and Liverpool are a top 4 side so he might do well for us.

8 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

We need some Liverpool fan's opinions on this guy. I'm not buying into the 'total bombscare' thing. He has captained France and only just signed a new long-term contract at Liverpool last summer. We are Leicester City, the perfect CB's are not in our reach I'm afraid. People need a reality check. Look at his stats and who he has played for.

Anyone have any Liverpool mates who might be able to give us a much better evalution of him :sweating:. I think we were all pretty fair about Schlupp for Palace fans 

from last summer when he was playing regularly an that 

http://forums.liverpoolfc.com/threads/375004-I-think-Sakho-is-the-best-defender-at-Liverpool

Just now, Koke said:

Maybe it's his unconventional style that makes him look like a bit of a donkey.  It's not only me though, it does seem other Premier League fans also think he's awkward on the ball and got a mistake in him.

Liverpool fans do rate him higher than Lovren though so I appreciate that. 

I'm just not fully convinced. But then again we're now a mid table / lower half side and Liverpool are a top 4 side so he might do well for us.

yeah, other premier league fans think he's rubbish. the same premier league fans who think vardy's rubbish. mahrez is rubbish. drinkwater is rubbish. etc etc etc. liverpool fans who watch him regularly think he's great. 

90% pass completion including a lot of forward passes in the last two seasons says he's anything but "awkward on the ball". just looks like he is. 

There is a thread on a Liverpool forum talking about him leaving for around 20million.

Many saying that he was unfortunate to be frozen out and there is a false reputation of him being a bomb scare but this is only due to his style of play and not actual facts or real incidents.

Some negative too of course with a few arguments over whether he is overrated but most seem to think he would still have a place in the squad if it wasn't for Klopp fallout and in a market where Jon Stones is sold for 50 million, then Sakho still being young and talented and going for 20million is more than fair. 

A mutual friend is a Liverpool fan. Really rates Sakho and he said Sakho was apparantly saying goodbye to some members of the squad/staff today. He also said that the rumours there end of him signing for us are strong too. Will be interesting to see how it pans out. 

I personally think it would be a good signing for us. Has always seemed a very steady player whenever I have seen him play. Does the basics but does them well. Considering his age and experience I think 18m would be decent business (fingers crossed).

Guest CityFan 06

I think Sakho has the potential to be a very decent signing for us. The fact he's got PL experience (very valuable) and has played internationally is promising. Only 26, could be a smart addition. 

On a side note, this story makes me warm to him already:  http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/mamadou-sakho-takes-liverpool-families-11997504

Ive just watched this guy on youtube and he looks a great player, I would be really happy with signing him from what Ive just seen of him on a few different video clips, looks a real quality defender who has speed and can pass and great at tackling, why the negative comments..?

Just now, bigDfox33 said:

Ive just watched this guy on youtube and he looks a great player, I would be really happy with signing him from what Ive just seen of him on a few different video clips, looks a real quality defender who has speed and can pass and great at tackling, why the negative comments..?

Because the YouTube videos don't show him making schoolboy errors. 

Not saying he's bad, I'd take him, just saying he's made a few howlers. (but so has Morgan and Huth tbf) 

Just now, Innovindil said:

Because the YouTube videos don't show him making schoolboy errors. 

Not saying he's bad, I'd take him, just saying he's made a few howlers. (but so has Morgan and Huth tbf) 

This is true of youtube clips but from what I have seen the good looks really good 

1 minute ago, buzzer_b said:

Better then what we currently have if we're being honest. His wages are ridiculous but then again wages as a whole in the modern game is ridiculous. Gerriimmiinn. 

What's his rumoured wages? 

To be honest he's probably a pretty good footballer... much like Balotelli is, much like Beckford was, much like Dennis Wise was.

I mean WTF is our transfer policy these days? It's like Sven days on steroids. Sorry but another example that our club has lost the values that made us so successful in the first place 

Every Liverpool fan I have spoken to rate him highly and as their best CB, better than Klavan, Lovren and Matip. This would be a good signing. The last out of favour CB we signed with a point to prove didn't turn out too bad (Huth) 

26 years old. Huge amounts of experience, 28 caps for France. Good in the air, can tackle, good on the ball, can play in the Champions league. We could do a lot worse than Sakho.

Archived