Cardiff_Fox

Sevilla away 22/2 Information/Bars

21 posts in this topic

To try and seperate the two fixtures, I have posted this thread. 

For the other games, I've found a bit of useful info for folks.

Interesting to note that most of bars do a split day. 12/1 till 4/4.30 and then a break until 8/12. Most bars are essentially stand at tables with tapas. 

The most tourist areas centre on 'Santa Cruz' where what's remaining of the moorish rule is located. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

1pm till 4pm is designated nap time and is something I will be participating in between drinking myself stupid and eating pato negro by the KG.

Just now, Costock_Fox said:

1pm till 4pm is designated nap time and is something I will be participating in between drinking myself stupid and eating pato negro by the KG.

yeh when i was getting on booking an airbnb a few said to respect the neighbours so no loud music late at night or mid afternoon lol 

where will we be out at night? that's where i plan on booking. 

Where we gathering for this? I really hope it's like Brugge again with all Leicester fans together.

Also at night I'm guessing it'll be the local bars/ nightclubs 

Without wanting to sound like your typical English tourist but there is an O'Neills that I have seen and Merchant Pub is meant to be good for Sports. SUre these will be packed.

Cerveceria International might be worth a visit too, lots of world beers apparently.

27 27 minutes ago, LCFC FOX said:

Where we gathering for this? I really hope it's like Brugge again with all Leicester fans together.

Also at night I'm guessing it'll be the local bars/ nightclubs 

Seville is likely to be towards Copenhagen level. It's a large city, so expect folk to be across the city. 

48 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

yeh when i was getting on booking an airbnb a few said to respect the neighbours so no loud music late at night or mid afternoon lol 

The one area of nightlife I've came across is based around 'Alameda de Hercules'

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

We're staying in the ibis near the train station so it's easier the morning after the game. God knows where that is in context to where everyone's drinking. It is going to be a magical couple of days can't wait now

2 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Without wanting to sound like your typical English tourist but there is an O'Neills that I have seen and Merchant Pub is meant to be good for Sports. SUre these will be packed.

Cerveceria International might be worth a visit too, lots of world beers apparently.

not sure I fancy the irish bar after the last english club t visit tbh      http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-3301542/Manchester-City-fans-attacked-Irish-bar-Seville-eve-Champions-League-clash.html

Anyone know if it looks like tickets will be sold out before 165+?

4 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

BTW?..how much did you pay for your Airbnb if you don't mind me asking. I paid £75 for 3 nights 10 minutes walk from Santa Justa train station.

44 minutes ago, Chotz said:

Anyone know if it looks like tickets will be sold out before 165+?

I expect they will I'm afraid. There were 240 left when I checked at half 5

2 hours ago, coolcol said:

BTW?..how much did you pay for your Airbnb if you don't mind me asking. I paid £75 for 3 nights 10 minutes walk from Santa Justa train station.

we've not booked one yet but we'll be looking at paying 180-200 quid for 3 of us Monday to Friday according to research. deffo no more than about 20 quid a night each. 

we were aiming for the cathedral area of town cos I thought that's where we'd be closest to the best nightlife but according to the last reply to me maybe not. seems cheaper the further north you go, too. 

Is it easy to get from the bars in the city centre to the ground?

25 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Is it easy to get from the bars in the city centre to the ground?

No, land mines everywherelol

Anyone aware of any fan zone or anything? would be crap if everyone is spread out.

2 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Anyone aware of any fan zone or anything? would be crap if everyone is spread out.

This is my main concern about ruining the trip lol

30 minutes ago, LCFC FOX said:

This is my main concern about ruining the trip lol

I mean it will be good whatever i just think it would be amazing with everyone in the same area. Worried i will be drinking all day and watching the match with a 5 min delayed stream miles away from the next leicester fan!

On 17/01/2017 at 12:29, Cardiff_Fox said:

Interesting to note that most of bars do a split day. 12/1 till 4/4.30 and then a break until 8/12. Most bars are essentially stand at tables with tapas. 

The most tourist areas centre on 'Santa Cruz' where what's remaining of the moorish rule is located. 

You won't have a problem finding bars that are open. Especially around the centre where there are more tourists. A lot of places do table service as well.

On 17/01/2017 at 14:58, Cardiff_Fox said:

Seville is likely to be towards Copenhagen level. It's a large city, so expect folk to be across the city. 

The one area of nightlife I've came across is based around 'Alameda de Hercules'

I spent my 21st in that square when there was a music festival on. It was great and the atmosphere was fantastic. I've only ever been with family though so don't know much about nightlife for the younger crowd.

For everyone else, bars are open til late all over the city and I would just recommend you get lost (which is easy to do) and wander into any place you think looks nice, as it probably will be. Beer is more like Porto prices than Copenhagen.

Casa Morales is a pretty cool tapas bar near the cathedral I've been to a few times and would recommend for a late drink.