Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Neil_LCFC

Chris Wood

I work with a big Leeds fan and he loves him but admits he is a very limited player. He is not mobile at all but is a decent finisher. I think he is a system player, i.e. if you play to his strengths he will score goals but I don't think he will have ever worked here with the way we play.

£15m seems excessive, I think the championship is his level.

Guest CityFan 06

He was one of our best finishers at the time he was here. Leeds is a great club for him, and on the point of Leeds, doing very well under Monk.

Watched his last few games and he is exactly the same as when he was with us. A great finisher, but very limited in other areas. I think Championship is his top level personally and think he would struggle in the Premier League. 15 million is crazy and will soon plummet when he goes through a dry spell. 

Good age though and a very useful striker to have in the Championship

Yeah, fantastic to see him doing so well and never quite got the staunch dislike of him that swathes of our fans seemed to, I've never seen someone so tall offer so little in the air, though. Bar his first couple of games I can never recall him actually jumping for anything or winning aerial duels.

Perhaps he's come on no end at Leeds but I honestly can't ever see him being a 'double figures in the Prem' striker. A bit like Daryl Murphy or Jordan Rhodes. Just something missing the likes of Deeney, Austin, and Gray all had / have.

43 minutes ago, CityFan 06 said:

He was one of our best finishers at the time he was here. Leeds is a great club for him, and on the point of Leeds, doing very well under Monk.

i disagree about the best finisher bit but I am happy he's doing well at Leeds. 

Just now, MPH said:

I know, right! After being released from Sheff Wed, Vardy had to go to non league football to get his first team experience!!!

when he was 16 lollol

Wood is 25 and seems to have just found his level...

Just now, StanSP said:

when he was 16 lollol

Wood is 25 and seems to have just found his level...

And it took Vardy even longer to find his lvl!

Dont get me wrong, he wont be coming here or anywhere close to us... But i do think a desperate team like Hull might take a punt on him

Anyone else think that if he was scoring the goals he has this season for any other team in that league (even us when we were at that level), 15m wouldn't be the price tag being thrown around? Leeds always seem to get decent players linked away for big big money moves. I remember when Liam Moore looked good for us in the Championship I think it was Arsenal that were linked with him for just a few mil

Archived