Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
VIKTOR-LE5

20th Richest Club in the World

slipped in by the skin of our teeth.

https://www2.deloitte.com/content/dam/Deloitte/uk/Documents/sports-business-group/deloitte-uk-sport-football-money-league-2017.pdf

Leicester City reap financial reward after historic championship season 

To cap a remarkable year, Leicester City take their place as the 20th highest revenue-generating club in world football. Boosted by their title-winning campaign, their 2015/16 revenue of €172.1m (£128.7m) is almost five times as much as the amount they generated two years previously in the 2013/14 season.

I find it quite sad that a team without any real in field success for the last few years sits on top of that list.

The top teams will always stay strong and attract the best players if they are no longer relying on actual success in order to financially succeed.

This is the biggest problem the game has right now, and one of the reasons that despite our success on field last season we haven't been able to attract top players and allow us to make a bid for sustained success.

5 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

We were Champions of England last season - West Ham earned £20m more than us after moving to a £700m Stadium for free.

What a joke. 

Even more shocking, relegated Newcastle are just one place behind us.

11 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

The thread title is misleading. We're not the "20th richest club in the world", but simply came 20th in generating global revenue in 2016.

Sorry for being a spoilsport. :D

Correct.

I bet a dozen Chinese clubs would leave us standing in a rich list.

6 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

I find it quite sad that a team without any real in field success for the last few years sits on top of that list.

The top teams will always stay strong and attract the best players if they are no longer relying on actual success in order to financially succeed.

This is the biggest problem the game has right now, and one of the reasons that despite our success on field last season we haven't been able to attract top players and allow us to make a bid for sustained success.

If you look at the Top 10, I don't think there is a team apart from Bayern Munich who have a solid foundation to stand on. Real are extremely in debt and are owned by te Government, hence bank debts are just wiped off. PSG, Man City etc all based on ownership influx, again heavily in debt, same with Man U.

This is purely based on money made and does not consider outgoings, debts, assets etc. Otherwise most of these clubs would sit near the bottom.

At least it is nice to see the impact last season had on the club and I guess the city (which would not be shown here). Either way, last season was amazing for the city of Leicester and put us on the map.

Moist of that money has already been frittered away in travelling expenses to pick up the plethora of awards that have come our way.......I'd much prefer that we stay in the top 17 in the Premier League this season.

17 minutes ago, Babylon said:

It says in their report you could see us in the top 15 in the next report due to the CL and the increase in TV money.

Obviously depends on other clubs but this could easily be done, if you use the info around the web and compare to last year's prize money in the UCL, we could be looking at around €172 million just from broadcast and prize money alone (the PL prize money I've estimated on a 15th place finish, btw)

Add in the increase in matchday revenue (At least £5m more than last season, you'd think, with UCL home games) and an increase in commercial revenues (you'd expect) and suddenly you're likely to break the €200m euro barrier in terms of income :huh:

To think 20 years ago we were turning over £19m a season, in the same year Manchester United were turning over £87m with the biggest turnover in the world, whilst Man City earnt just £12.7m

Archived