Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DB11

Match Ratings : Leicester City 0-3 Chelsea - Results & Man of the Match

Saturday 14 January 2017, 17:30
Barclays Premier League
King Power Stadium, Leicester

Leicester City 0

Chelsea 3
Alonso 6, 52, Pedro 71 

Total Votes: 153

FoxesTalk Man of the Match: Wilfred Ndidi

1. Wilfred Ndidi : 5.99
  2. (SUB) Demarai Gray : 5.80
  3. Ben Chilwell : 5.78
  4. Nampalys Mendy : 5.05
  5. Kasper Schmeichel : 5.05
  6. (SUB) Danny Simpson : 4.69
  7. Marc Albrighton : 4.55
  8. (SUB) Shinji Okazaki : 4.53
  9. Robert Huth : 4.41
  10. Wes Morgan : 4.24
  11. Danny Drinkwater : 4.12
  12. Christian Fuchs : 4.06
  13. Ahmed Musa : 3.97
  14. Jamie Vardy : 3.89

Team Performance: 4.72 (22/29)

Manager Performance: 3.32 (28/29)

Opposition Performance: 7.56 (2/29)

Officials Performance (Ref: Andre Marriner): 6.67 (5/29)

Overall Manager Confidence: 77.78% (-12.12%)

Ndidi MOTM is definitely a case of rose tinted specs.

He was largely anonymous and at fault for the 3rd goal.

Personally thought Mendy was the only player to come out with any real credit. Thought that he did a great job.

7 minutes ago, the fox said:

The "- 20" in manager trust after a defeat and "+20" after a win is a testament of how fickle some of the fans on foxestalk are :clap::clap::knockyhat:

Football fans are fickle - not just on here and not just at Leicester City - but he got absolutely everything wrong on Saturday and has rightly been criticised. Formation, style of play, subs all wrong.

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

Football fans are fickle - not just on here and not just at Leicester City - but he got absolutely everything wrong on Saturday and has rightly been criticised. Formation, style of play, subs all wrong.

But people should not be so "fickle" after just one match. A manager is judged for a whole season not just a 1 or 2 games

Just now, the fox said:

But people should not be so "fickle" after just one match. A manager is judged for a whole season not just a 1 or 2 games

It's January and performances haven't improved. We're five points from relegation.

Everything about this summer, including the transfers, have just been a mess.

What do you expect?

Handling of the squad and keeping players happy, style of play, messages to the media...all shocking so far this season from Ranieri. I'd give him about a 3/4 this season overall in fairness. Maybe worth a 5 because of our Champions League progress. The fact that i'm able to say that shows that we're pretty spoiled these days...but its still been a shambles. Our negativity, which I believe is coming from Ranieri, is killing us. He needs to let the team play with more freedom rather than this strict, rigid 'shape' and system he bangs on about. We need to get in peoples faces again, it was the catalyst in our success imo.

3 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Little harsh on Vardy. It was our own tactics which isolated him. Drinky was the worst performer for me.

Just a terrible game all round and one we need to forget and get back to basics for Sunday

How long will Vardy 'being isolated' and continuing to have 'lack of service' continue to be an excuse though? He's scored 5 goals this season and has only scored in 3 games, one of which was a tap in against Liverpool. Slimani has scored more goals in fewer games with the same team behind him.

5 hours ago, Watson said:

How long will Vardy 'being isolated' and continuing to have 'lack of service' continue to be an excuse though? He's scored 5 goals this season and has only scored in 3 games, one of which was a tap in against Liverpool. Slimani has scored more goals in fewer games with the same team behind him.

U do realise all of Slimani's goals have been with his head. Therefore these tactics we seem to employ suit a bigger striker when defenders sit so deep. Surely if Vardy is not getting the ball in a dangerous area like last season it will affect his goal scoring ability. 

Dont get get me wrong I don't think Vardy is playing well. But to hav the scores say he was the worst player on the pitch I think is really harsh.

We've had so many spankings that I can't remember who's been the best opposition. Chelsea being second best I can only assume the best was either United or Liverpool. It can't have been Porto.

Gray 2nd best player ?...opposition defences have already sussed out he only wants to use his right foot

Chilwell 3rd best ?...was  clueless for the 3rd goal...put his hand up for offside when the player was about 5 yards onside

but they are both young and in time could be useful

Archived