Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HSFDK45

Racism in 21st Century Football

Good Afternoon Everyone, 

I am an undergraduate student at a UK based university who is researching racism in 21st century football.  I am interested in what Leicester City fans thought about the issue. If you could take a few minutes of your time to fill in my survey, I would greatly appreciate it! 

https://lboro.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/racism-in-21st-century-football 

All the best for the rest of the season! 

1 minute ago, the fox said:

Racism is not allowed here. Our club has players and fans from deferent religions, backgrounds and ethnicities and no one will allow any fellow Leicester fan to be abused because he has a deferent religion,country or skin color.

That's a fantastic attitude to have the fox! Your responses to the survey would be appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to read my post. 

4 minutes ago, the fox said:

Racism is not allowed here. Our club has players and fans from deferent religions, backgrounds and ethnicities and no one will allow any fellow Leicester fan to be abused because he has a deferent religion,country or skin color.

Shut it cracker.

The sad thing is most racists don't realize they are racist.

Dealing with Joe Public with my job, you hear an awful lot of it.

It will take a generation or two to reeducate people. Some are just ignorant, others just plain stupid!

It`ll come out of football when it comes out of society (never).

Just teach your kids about it and hope they listen and dont start spouting the vile rubbish we here on the streets and on occasion the terraces. Im sure if a new rule was put in place that you can say what you want at football stadiums without penalty you will then hear the same stuff we here in pub chat, on the streets and even in amateur football. 

11 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

You still see and hear it at football. 

Honestly not heard anything in a long time, can't imagine I would as it's fairly decent people around us in SK2. A few bits in the pubs before and after, but more "banteriffic" morons than outright racism.

13 minutes ago, Tuna said:

The sad thing is most racists don't realize they are racist.

Dealing with Joe Public with my job, you hear an awful lot of it.

It will take a generation or two to reeducate people. Some are just ignorant, others just plain stupid!

This. And a lot of racists think that it is just racist if it is against black people. So, they don't have any problem in saying jap, sand monkey (Arabs) and rice farmers (Asians/Japanese). 

6 minutes ago, the fox said:

This. And a lot of racists think that it is just racist if it is against black people. So, they don't have any problem in saying jap, sand monkey (Arabs) and rice farmers (Asians/Japanese). 

We do seem to have a hierarchy of racism in the UK where certain types of prejudice are seen as more acceptable. I've met non-white people in the UK who come out with all sorts of abuse towards foreigners and end it with "... and I'm black / Asian etc", as if this makes it ok.

10 minutes ago, bovril said:

We do seem to have a hierarchy of racism in the UK where certain types of prejudice are seen as more acceptable. I've met non-white people in the UK who come out with all sorts of abuse towards foreigners and end it with "... and I'm black / Asian etc", as if this makes it ok.

The thing is, some people think they are funny by doing that. There is a line between being playful and being racist. For example. Me as a Arab find the jokes about shawarma and kebab and goats as pets very funny, because you are poking fun of someone without hurting people's feelings. But, you will not find me laughing about terrorism jokes because terrorism is effecting Arabs more then anyone else, same with any other group of people. 

6 minutes ago, FerrisBueller said:

Had an absolute tool sat behind me on Saturday that shouted you black tw@ every time Kanté got the ball. Literally embarrassing, if it was anywhere else I'd have whacked him.

I'd have video'd him and sent it along with his seat number to the club.....

Or I'd had lost my rag completely!

It's incredible that these morons still exist, never mind feel comfortable behaving in public in such a manner. 

7 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

I'd have video'd him and sent it along with his seat number to the club.....

Or I'd had lost my rag completely!

It's incredible that these morons still exist, never mind feel comfortable behaving in public in such a manner. 

His mates laughed, but I could tell they were embarrassed. Absolute boneheads

1 hour ago, the fox said:

Really grinds my ears when people mix up things that are a choice and things that people are born with.

Racism is ridiculous because if you go back far enough we are all the same and you can't choose your race. Likewise it's now apparent to any credible scholars that things like homosexuality is not a choice.

On the other hand the notion that one can't be criticised for their beliefs is deplorable and it is so ignorant and regressive to society to continue this taboo. Calling someone a terrorist because they look like they might be from the middle east is certainly racist and calling someone a paedophile because they belong to the Catholic church is absolutely bigoted but being critical of Islam, Christianity or any other religion should not only be tolerable but should become an inherent part of social, political and economical narratives. Of course peoples approach to being critical spans from well reasoned and articulated points, to what can only be described as 'trolling' but that's what happens when you have a large volume of input and thus where you feel someone is misinformed it is your duty to correct them rather than shouting a buzzword.

Still quite a bit of it about but it generally comes from the old grandads or really nasty chavs, both I think more a manifestation of their own insecurity and desperation to feel as though they are better than someone else in a life short of any real sources of personal pride than genuine racism. In a way we should pity them because to be racist in 2017 you must have a really shit life.

1 hour ago, FerrisBueller said:

Had an absolute tool sat behind me on Saturday that shouted you black tw@ every time Kanté got the ball. Literally embarrassing, if it was anywhere else I'd have whacked him.

Should have called him out on it. Understand this can be tricky to do but at least pass it onto a steward. 

And before anyone pipes up about being a grass, wise up.

2 hours ago, the fox said:

don't think it's right for you to speak on behalf of the club.

Archived