Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
USFox

Expectations for the Second Half of the Season

Hey Everyone!

I just wanted to ask you guys what you guys think the goal should be for Leicester City in the second half of the season? I personally think the goal should be to avoid relegation and play some of our young guys (Kaputska, Gray) more often in order to build a real Premier League contender in the future.

- Stay up, preferably a bit higher

- Get some tactics (Plans A, B & C) sorted

- Give Sevilla a good game (& who knows?)

- Go on an FA Cup run and...most importantly... 

- Start building a team/squad to finish higher next season (couple more new players in Jan & line up targets for summer, in the knowledge that 1 or 2 players will want to leave and 1 or 2 others will need moving on)

Obviously avoid relegation, hopefully finish top half 

Couldn't give a tinker's cuss about the CL, however much I'd die & go straight to heaven were we to win the thing (5 million to 1?)

Would love to win the FA Cup more than anything. It's what I've dreamed of for 50+ years (winning the league obviously being beyond my wildest dreams). Let's go for it!

1 hour ago, Steve Earle said:

Obviously avoid relegation, hopefully finish top half 

Couldn't give a tinker's cuss about the CL, however much I'd die & go straight to heaven were we to win the thing (5 million to 1?)

Would love to win the FA Cup more than anything. It's what I've dreamed of for 50+ years (winning the league obviously being beyond my wildest dreams). Let's go for it!

Winning the FA cup would be so wonderful. That would make two pieces of Silverware in two years, a Prem Title, an FA Cup, and Champions League second round in 2 years. I call that a success and definitely something to build on for next year.

Guest CityFan 06

Stay up comfortably. Move up to the higher areas of the table. 

Progress very far, or possibly even win the FA Cup.

Contiune to progress well in the Champions League. 

We've never really put a run together this season so far.

A run of 4-5 games without defeat (preferably winning) would take us a long way up the table.

Hoping for a top half finish, but remaining in the league will obviously be the immediate concern.

As for the cups, we have nothing to lose, go for it!

Never been a better time to win the FA Cup :scarf:

Develop another effective way of playing. If we don't then we'll eventually drop even if it's not this year. In the league I think we'll be just about OK this year because Swansea, Hull, Sunderland and Palace really are absolute tripe. For all I think we've played awfully too often this season, we do get the odd result and it'll be enough to keep us up I think.

Champions League I expect us to go out, and there's no shame in going out to Sevilla, but I'll be very disappointed if we go out with another rollover performance.

FA Cup I want taking seriously, but I don't expect us to.

Find a system that gets the best out of the players, especially Mahrez and Gray.

Sort our defensive issues out with a couple of signings.

Semis of FA Cup would be nice and would love to get past Sevilla and get a Real Madrid tie.

In terms of the league, I just want us to start picking up wins quickly, so we can all relax a little and start to look forward to another season in the league next season. 

I think with the players we have it can only get better, I think we are comfortably better than Swansea, Hull, Sunderland and Palace (yes, I know we lost to two of those, but over 38 games we are better than those sides.)

I still feel 8th is a possibility, like others have said we just need to put a run together, we have played imo the 5 hardest game there is in the league already this season. (Chelsea home and away, Spurs away, Liverpool away and Man Utd away). So I think we will be fine.

CL I think we all just want to give Sevilla a good game and see what happens, I don't think anyone expects us to win, but wouldn't it be lovely! A nice side piece to keep us dreaming.

The FA Cup - This is where I would love to see us doing well, we have a great chance to make the last 16. However, so do Man Utd, Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool etc. So we need a little luck with draws but hopefully we can get a quarter final.

At the start of the season I said top 10 finish, CL last 16, and A good FA Cup run and I would be happy, all of this and winning The FA Cup would be another amazing season.

Next season will be one of major change at the club with the likes of Mahrez moving on to better things and the likes of Morgan and Huth needing to be replaced / moved on, so it's important we start looking early for replacements.

Overal let's stay optimistic!! 

Keep the Faith!

Archived