Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Just SIX defenders registered!!!

Amartey, ndidi  are defenders if required and benny still hasn't gone so could be added end Jan. 

its not quite as desperate as you point out but if we don't buy at least one in the next 10 days then we will have failed this window as we must be trying to get two in I imagine. (CB and RB)

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Amartey, ndidi  are defenders if required and benny still hasn't gone so could be added end Jan. 

its not quite as desperate as you point out but if we don't buy at least one in the next 10 days then we will have failed this window as we must be trying to get two in I imagine. (CB and RB)

Don't think Benny the Ball is registered? 

"Can play" is different to being comfortable in that position. 

Ranieri has actually said he is happy if we don't get anybody else in. God help us. Main centre backs are both slow 30+ year olds. 

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

Ranieri has actually said he is happy if we don't get anybody else in. God help us. Main centre backs are both slow 30+ year olds. 

lets be honest though he is bound to say that, he isnt going to come out and say we are in a defence crisis we must sign at least 2 in the next 2 weeks....

The Main centre backs were also slow 30+ year olds last year.

Just now, goose2010 said:

lets be honest though he is bound to say that, he isnt going to come out and say we are in a defence crisis we must sign at least 2 in the next 2 weeks....

The Main centre backs were also slow 30+ year olds last year.

I wouldn't expect him to come out and say we have a crises, more just reassure everybody he knows where we need to improve.

The centre backs had protection from Kante last season and now they don't have that.

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

I wouldn't expect him to come out and say we have a crises, more just reassure everybody he knows where we need to improve.

The centre backs had protection from Kante last season and now they don't have that.

playing a 3 man midfield with amarty ndidi and drinkwater should give them more than enough.

Its the lack of creativity that is the biggest worry if you ask me.

Just now, goose2010 said:

playing a 3 man midfield with amarty ndidi and drinkwater should give them more than enough.

Playing a three man midfield containing our two back up defenders (according to Ranieri). The lack of depth in the squad is appalling.

9 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

I get why he is saying this but he cant truely believe it. 

I'd try Amartey at the back if he can really play there. Too risky to go with Morgan and Huth for the rest of the season and god forbid Wasyl need to play because of an injury.

15 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

In some ways I'd rather him come out and say that than saying "god help us, all our defenders are shit and we need new ones asap" Doesn't inspire confidence.

I think the Ranieri we see in the press is very different to the one we don't see in the Dressing Room.

14 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Think we should play 2 of them, behind a CAM (on current form, Mendy & Ndidi). As you say, playing all 3 of them gives us a lack of creativity and no attacking threat.

What a crap tweet. He's hardly going to come out and say we're up the shitter in defence. 

Would be highly surprised if a defender doesn't arrive before the end of the window. Hernandez leaving is disappointing but there is still plenty of time to arrange replacements. We're having a good window, we've shipped out a squad player for a sizeable fee and brought in a highly rated young player for a respectable fee. Sure the defence will be addressed soon. 

Archived