Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Marky mark

How the owners must feel

17 minutes ago, Marky mark said:

What if the unthinkable happened 

It did. They won the league.

Come on they brought the club for a marketing tool. They never, whatever they said expected to see KP plastered everywhere world wide as we lifted the title.

They wanted the $ky exposure. Yes but what happened last year. TV coverage. Newspaper articles galore and all worldwide. They could never have dreamed of centre fold pullouts in national newspapers.

They must have more than made there money back now as well so it's got to have been win win for them.

Sure they will survive knowing they have still money to bank from the champions league.

I guess they like us all won't be happy with this seasons form. But are we now forever going to bench Mark everything against last season?

They would have been ready for this whilst still counting the positives and money from last season. Ranieri prepared them well as to what to expect, he was quite clear that it would not be possible to repeat last years miracle and it would be a struggle, trouble is the players took it to heart and are playing to his prediction.  As stated, we're still in the Champions league....perhaps that's a miracle we haven't finished with yet ;)

5 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

I would imagine they just think it's football and have some balanced perspective on the situation.

You?

It's not balanced to think 'it's football'. That's just ignoring the actual issues and the faults that have made us badly underachieve this season.

I hope they're as disappointed as we are but also have the patience not to make any rash decisions.

It's been hugely disappointing, without us needing to hit the panic button.

Reflection on last season is nice but that doesn't change that things aren't good in the here and now.

Whether the owners are really that bothered about our current form considering all they've achieved at the club, financially or otherwise, is a different matter.

Guest LCFC_World

I bet they're feeling pretty down because they're only making 100M a year now rather than 110M. Gotta feel for them. 

I don't think the owners could be happier. How we are now is probably what they expected to be dealing with when they took the club on.

Last season was an absolute shock and nobody, including the owners, were expecting that.

They are the owners of a PL team and i am sure they have made plenty of money off of the back of it.

In short, i think they will be happy as larry!

30 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

It's not balanced to think 'it's football'. That's just ignoring the actual issues and the faults that have made us badly underachieve this season.

I hope they're as disappointed as we are but also have the patience not to make any rash decisions.

It's been hugely disappointing, without us needing to hit the panic button.

Reflection on last season is nice but that doesn't change that things aren't good in the here and now.

Whether the owners are really that bothered about our current form considering all they've achieved at the club, financially or otherwise, is a different matter.

Well in fairness to my post what you have posted is arguably a balanced view... especially for you! I got the impression the OP didn't possess such balance....

Ranieri has said in interviews that the owners aren't happy. Whilst I'm sure they didn't expect another miracle, a top 8 finish for a team that's just won the league and smashed their transfer record doesn't seem unrealistic and yet it's been a season of struggle. 

At at the same time Ranieri also said the owner asked if he could help in any way, e.g. new players, etc so it doesn't seem like the unhappiness is anger, just disappointment. 

Assuming we we survive the drop (which shouldn't be taken for granted) then the close season will be interesting. Doubt Ranieri will go (unless he resigns) but sweeping changes could be possible such as a new DoF or moving on some more players.

New contracts and pulling of the greatest achievement in our history has made a lot of the players less hungry. And whilst you would hope that professionals with lots of money could get past that, psychology is huge in any sport. You also have to keep in mind that players like Albrighton, Simpson, Ulloa, Okazaki, Morgan should not in a million years be League winners if you consider their technical skill. Somehow every player consistently raised their performance last year when there were no indications the players were capable of it. Truly a unique story and maybe the owners realise that there was a lot of luck involved. (But not belittling the achievement). 

Archived