Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

People's Obsession With Dougs

I mean, what's it all about? Seriously over-rated. First there's Doug Freedman, what's he ever achieved? Some kind of Florist legend, but that's not difficult these days. Then you've got Doug "B-movie" McClure, who is instantly recognisable simply for every 70s film with dinosaurs or monsters in it, all of which he appeared in. Then you've got Douglas Bader. Supposedly a WW2 hero, but he got captured for crying out loud and spent most of his time completely legless!

I never will understand people admiring and loving Dougs.  Can't think of a single redeemable one.

1 hour ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

I never will understand people admiring and loving Dougs.  Can't think of a single redeemable one.

On 10/01/2017 at 20:34, Trav Le Bleu said:

Red Dwarf

I hope you feel ashamed.

• 2 months later...
On ‎21‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 23:50, Trav Le Bleu said:

I mean, what's it all about? Seriously over-rated. First there's Doug Freedman, what's he ever achieved? Some kind of Florist legend, but that's not difficult these days. Then you've got Doug "B-movie" McClure, who is instantly recognisable simply for every 70s film with dinosaurs or monsters in it, all of which he appeared in. Then you've got Douglas Bader. Supposedly a WW2 hero, but he got captured for crying out loud and spent most of his time completely legless!

Bader was a hero. Even after losing both legs, he flew again, and was squadron leader, and highly decorated. An extremely brave man, who was a hero in more ways thn one.

I find your remarks about him contemptible, and hugely insulting.,

35 minutes ago, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

Bader was a hero. Even after losing both legs, he flew again, and was squadron leader, and highly decorated. An extremely brave man, who was a hero in more ways thn one.

The last post in this thread was 2 months ago, you must've doug deep to find this!! 

:ph34r:

28 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I only know one Douglas and I call him Duggle-Arse. But that's just me being childish.:)

No change there then.:P:D

1 hour ago, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

Surely, though, you'd have to admit that he took a wrong turn and did some bad stuff when he got involved with that Ulrike Meinhof?

:ph34r:

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

I only know one Douglas and I call him Duggle-Arse. But that's just me being childish.:)

Do you give him an affectionate pinch on the buttock while employing this term of endearment?

Oh, dear! As the cliche goes, "when you're in a hole, stop Douging"

2 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

Do you give him an affectionate pinch on the buttock while employing this term of endearment?

Oh, dear! As the cliche goes, "when you're in a hole, stop Douging"

I've never been in that particular hole.

Archived