Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wolfox

CAA compensation for flights

Just a heads up really...

I wasn't aware that the CAA had set out compensation guidance for delayed flights 

I saw an article on it by chance and was reminded of my (6 hour) delayed flight to NY in the summer

Spent 5 mins a couple of days ago filling in a form on The Norwegian air website and referred to the CAA guidance and got a response today offering the full 600 Eur compensation set out in the guidance

Thought I'd post here in case others hadn't heard of it as you can claim retrospectively upto 6 years

Cheers,
Ben

• 1 year later...

It depends on the circumstances obviously, but this kind of thing doesn't always sit well with me. I was delayed a few hours last year arriving in Malta. The pilot tried to land but the weather was horrific, and he couldn't do it safely, so after circling for a while we diverted to Sicily, refuelled, and finally landed in Malta when the weather allowed. I could have claimed, and it was all people around me on the plane were talking about, but it was hardly the airlines fault. I know they have insurance, but still. If we didn't live in such a blame culture maybe everything would be a bit cheaper. Or maybe I'm just naive ☺️

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Kopfkino said:

Pretty sure they don't have to pay out for weather stuff.

10 hours ago, Marmite said:

My flight to Amsterdam got delayed for 5 hours and then cancelled due to bad weather, I tried to claim but it was declined as EasyJet said they can’t be held responsible which to be fair they can’t 

The airline actually sent us an email with the details of how we could claim