Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Donut

IF Ranieri HAS lost the Dressing Room, How Did This Happen?

Im at a loss to explain it.

If we are crediting the carryover effects of the great escape season, im at even more of a loss to explain this season.

I can point at slight changes, obviously the loss of Kante, the loss of Walsh, but such a profound change goes way beyond that.

No tactics seem to work. Players dont seem to care. Players seem to have aged 5 years over night almost.

How has this turned so sour, so quickly?

I read somewhere that Ranieri is a bit introverted when it comes to serious talk with the big players as in he avoids it or doesn't say what he intended, can't remember where I read that or whether it's bollocks. We didn't really have any billy big bollocks last year but we do now.

5 minutes ago, Benguin said:

I read somewhere that Ranieri is a bit introverted when it comes to serious talk with the big players as in he avoids it or doesn't say what he intended, can't remember where I read that or whether it's bollocks. We didn't really have any billy big bollocks last year but we do now.

100K contracts and a free sports car will do that....

To be fair, it was a hard game for Claudio. Give into the wage demands and let the squad get complacent, or lose our record breaking striker and most creative player and everyone would moan about that.

Claudio needs to start living up to his 'The Don' nickname, and sort the players. Drop them all for the youth team if needed.

2 minutes ago, john ridley said:

Could it be to do with the amount of new signings we had ,perhaps a them and us attitude? .

Most of the new signings can't get in the team, it can hardly be them. No one said Inler was holding us back last season.....

Players stabbing a great man in the back because they are a bunch of bedwetting big time Charlie's.

They all need to grow some bollocks and stop feeling sorry for themselves, especially DD as I don't think I can put up with looking at his smacked arse of a face.

Pull your ****ing socks up.

Fuchs merchandising , Danny's busy social life , Vardy's book wife and impending film , Wes and his chain of tattoo parlours, Claudio and his Italian media obligations  ... plus all of the social media to contribute to and awards to pick up ..... it's no wonder they have little time for football ... give the boys a break !!! 

He's too gentle, too kind. When everything clicks then it's okay, he manages to give a familial atmosphere (pizzas, trip to Dubai etc) in the dressing room and is (I suppose) the grand'pa. But never forget that most of footballers are also a bunch of brats.  No responsiblities whatsoever and they're not used to take decisions either. 

So when things started to go wrong, they turned to the coach hoping that he'll come with something because they'll never find it themselves anyway. Then they saw that there isn't a satisfying one and could get away with bad performances, so they stopped to fear or take him seriously, even more when he himself doesn't have a clear vision or solution. Shit displays followed one after another.

Too many games were thrown away for the sake of the Champions League, they played shit too long with the mindset that they were too good to go down, since they've won the league and the coach didn't manage to prevent it. Now the shit is real, the relegation battle has shown its ugly face and they're at loss. They became completely apathetic and I sincerely don't know if things didn't already go too far for Claudio to turn it around.

They've let Ranieri down as much as he let them down.

That's my theory.

1 minute ago, weller54 said:

Seriously looks like the team doesn't want to play for him anymore!.. A mutiny?... Wanting the guy to be sacked! 

It's bizarre. I can handle the poor start due to a hangover and some complacency etc, but for it to go on this long and to not even see the players working hard and closing down like they used to. You would expect us to be working our socks off at the very least due to the pure pride factor of being Champions and in this situation. 

I can't believe one of the nicest guys in the game could have lost the support of the dressing room. He stuck with 4-4-2 for so long, just to keep them all happy and yet they continued to look dis-interested and not work hard enough. 

Lack of confidence shouldn't effect your ability to close people down and run your socks off. 

I feel sorry for Claudio, I think he has been patient, more than fair with them, tried to change things but they just haven't responded and I have no idea why. 

He has to hold his hands up on the transfers though. So important he makes up for it in this window. N'didi is a good start but we desperately need some defenders and a creative player in the middle. 

The players have reached their pinnacle and know it would never happen again. Seems they have lost all enthusiasm to play for this club.

All these massive wages, Vardy branching out to everything he can re books and academys, Fuchs now a clothing guru and other players too interested in big money moves.

They have no love for this club and i am not sure any manager can turn that around. Unfortunatly, in football, managers take the blame for the players performances.

Kinda feel sorry for Claudio, some massive ego's to manage.

14 minutes ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

Fuchs merchandising , Danny's busy social life , Vardy's book wife and impending film , Wes and his chain of tattoo parlours, Claudio and his Italian media obligations  ... plus all of the social media to contribute to and awards to pick up ..... it's no wonder they have little time for football ... give the boys a break !!! 

Couldn't have put it better myself! lol

I just think the players have lost faith in his attempts to turn us into an 'Italian' type team and are tired of his negative tactics, setting us up for a point everywhere and not giving the players enough freedom. If it's anything like the players no longer caring because they're on big money now, then they ought to be ashamed, but personally I trust these players and don't believe that's the case. 

This has to be a new phenomenon. This is why its so puzzling to me.

For instance, the tweet that the talk sport guy put out in the other thread about the players not being convinced in Ranieri and his methods last season.

I dont buy that you can keep that level of performance up if youve got unhappy players. And surely, players like Vardy and Mahrez would have been off quicker than a flash if they werent enjoying themselves here when massive bids from the likes of Arsenal are coming in.

Pre season, the travelling wasnt ideal and playing europes elite didnt inspire confidence. But we are renowned for our sports science approach, and you would imagine pre season preparations behind the scenes would have been mostly the same. Yet theyve produced wildly different results??

Quite a few of the new signings were scouted by Walsh himself because weve been interested in them for ages. So im not sure how much we overplay his loss at the moment? The new signings dont look like an abrasive bunch that would cause a dressing room rift.

We started the season with basically the same tactics. Of course Kante would have made a huge impact, but surely not to the extent we witnessed in so many games. This was a system that most of the players flourished in. Of course teams would wise up, but to THAT extent?

I also dont understand why the players would have a rift with the manager that seemingly never digs them out, and was masterful in his man management last season. I dont understand what could cause a breakdown.

But it very much looks like they have all for whatever reason downed tools. For me the blame is with them in the vast majority. Claudio's approach week to week hasnt changed much from this season to last, except for the last few games, he conducts himself the same way and has the same philosophy, yet the same players look utterly inept.

4 minutes ago, pSinatra said:

I know he comes across like a cuddly grandad in the media, but I get the feeling he can be a right cvnt when he wants to be.  I don't know if he has lost the dressing room or not, but if he has, I'm not sure it's because he's being too soft.

When he came here Marcel Desailly said that Ranieri gives the impression of being laid back and gentle, but he's a real aggressive and ruthless cvnt when he wants to be. He's older now, but I can't believe he's become a door mat in his older age. I genuinely believe that Ranieri doesn't know what the problems are, which is most worrying.

7 minutes ago, Donut said:

This has to be a new phenomenon. This is why its so puzzling to me.

For instance, the tweet that the talk sport guy put out in the other thread about the players not being convinced in Ranieri and his methods last season.

I dont buy that you can keep that level of performance up if youve got unhappy players. And surely, players like Vardy and Mahrez would have been off quicker than a flash if they werent enjoying themselves here when massive bids from the likes of Arsenal are coming in.

Pre season, the travelling wasnt ideal and playing europes elite didnt inspire confidence. But we are renowned for our sports science approach, and you would imagine pre season preparations behind the scenes would have been mostly the same. Yet theyve produced wildly different results??

Quite a few of the new signings were scouted by Walsh himself because weve been interested in them for ages. So im not sure how much we overplay his loss at the moment? The new signings dont look like an abrasive bunch that would cause a dressing room rift.

We started the season with basically the same tactics. Of course Kante would have made a huge impact, but surely not to the extent we witnessed in so many games. This was a system that most of the players flourished in. Of course teams would wise up, but to THAT extent?

I also dont understand why the players would have a rift with the manager that seemingly never digs them out, and was masterful in his man management last season. I dont understand what could cause a breakdown.

But it very much looks like they have all for whatever reason downed tools. For me the blame is with them in the vast majority. Claudio's approach week to week hasnt changed much from this season to last, except for the last few games, he conducts himself the same way and has the same philosophy, yet the same players look utterly inept.

You don't have to have a rift with him to lose faith in his management. I love him but I've lost all faith in him this season.

Whether it's confusing tactics, refusal to change then flipping to changing every game.

If the Ulloa story is true, perhaps he does say one thing but do another.

His pigeon English might be funny when going well, but bloody frustrating and confusing when you need clarity.

I'm looking forward to Volume II of Jonathan Northcroft's brilliant book.  

I don't think any of us really know what is going on at the moment.  I certainly don't buy the "they've got too much money" argument. They had too much money last season.  I certainly do not blame the new additions.  Look how much weaker we look without Slimani.  Mendy was absent through injury for most of the first half the season and looks far from our worst player since he returned.  Musa has shown flashes.  I accept Hernandez is a dud, though.  

Overall, the players who performed outstandingly last season are playing poorly this season.  Only Kanté has gone.  At least three have gone over the brow of the hill (Morgan, Huth and Fuchs).  I think we've seen the best of Vardy and wouldn't bet on us ever getting 15+ goals a season out of him again.  

We've also had important injuries (Kasper) and the AFCON.  We've had some suspensions.

To be honest, I haven't got a Scooby how things have gone so wrong.  Is it just an unholy cluster-cuddle of bad luck and hangover?

He knows he'll never top last season, the players know they'll never top last season and yet this season they are all being paid far more (far more than their worth) and the pressure is far more intense - a toxic combination. I think they've ALL (including the players, Ranieri, Rudkin etc) buckled massively under the weight of expectation and I get the feeling no-one wants to take responsibility. It's genuinely heart-breaking to see but teams are wise to us now and I really don't think Ranieri has a clue how to turn it round.

Archived