Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buzzell

Resident Evil 7

On 26/01/2017 at 22:21, Trav Le Bleu said:

Code: Veronica on a Dreamcast all day long.

Joint second fav Resi game for me! CV didn't get half the credit it deserved imo

Looking forward to delving into this later on next week. I've seen a couple of really favourable reviews and watched a few clips on YouTube - great shock moments and a great way of resurrecting the Resident Evil franchise. It looks absolutely amazing and terrifying at the same time.

Although the noob commenting on his video was even more annoying - proper scream fest, hard to take him seriously.

Right now I'm putting this up there with my fav Resident Evil's

I love the boss fights you get and Jack always stalking you! Reminds me of Nemesis in 3 and William Birkin in 2. You are always in fear he's gonna appear at anytime the crazy bastard

2 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

About an hour in, absolutely horrible so far.

There's been times I've literally just not moved, in fear I'm gonna shit myself for the 912th time

I'm still working my way through this slowly, seriously in VR it's bordering on the ridiculous how much it makes you jump in certain parts

I'm having to psych myself up just to put the headset on! pretty crazy considering horror games haven't really had any effect on me in the past

*Slight spoiler in white text below*

I nearly put my back out last night when I got to the greenhouse and Marguerite smashed through the window, never jumped so bad at anything in my life

I'm really enjoying this, old school gameplay and puzzles, good scares, fantastic characters. if I make it to the end, i will go back to Alien Isolation

Spoiler from after "the Garage"

Just finished the second VHS part, really creepy in places, especially the shit demon in the dark corridor, just when you think your past the scary bit 

lol Managed to Slice "Daddy" to death for the second time with the pocket knife. Nanna is creepy as shit just sitting there, appearing in various locations following me with her eyes

What sort of things should I be storing for later, have a few bits and bobs but don't want to need them and not have them

Can't wait to play this. I've watched parts of a walkthrough online and it looks bloody fantastic, top-notch storyline, memorable characters and beautiful graphics that create a unique atmosphere, a tension and suspense that's been missing from the series for so long. 

I think its okay so far, better than continuing with the stale action format. Don't get me wrong I liked 4 a lot, it changed the RE paradigm successfully but it has clearly ran its course. The atmosphere is good initially but I quickly caught on to the linearity and could easily predict where enemies were going to pop out.

In my opinion it would have been better if it had taken some inspiration from another Capcom published game, The Gregory Horror Show, a hidden gem of a game. The family could have all roamed the house and grounds in real time, with different patterns of behavior and routines you could learn. You would have had to try to navigate the house while trying to avoid them, scary when you see inevitable clashes as you get boxed in. Maybe Jack carries an item you need around with him and only puts it down at certain times and you have to tail him and steal it, stuff like that.

So how is this game?  Anyone finished it?  The good?  The bad?

From what I've seen, many scripted scares are plenty in this one, not necessarily a bad thing, although perhaps more predictable as a result.  Alien Isolation was gaming perfection from this standpoint, after meeting the alien the first time round.

I'm nearing the platinum on Watchdogs 2, so this one is definitely next on my list.

13 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

So how is this game?  Anyone finished it?  The good?  The bad?

From what I've seen, many scripted scares are plenty in this one, not necessarily a bad thing, although perhaps more predictable as a result.  Alien Isolation was gaming perfection from this standpoint, after meeting the alien the first time round.

I'm nearing the platinum on Watchdogs 2, so this one is definitely next on my list.

Absolutely brilliant game, just completed it tonight and I can't recommend it enough

It's got that old Resi vibe with puzzles, scares (more than ever) twists and turns and crazy boss fights but it makes it feel new with the first person camera angle, the story and creepy atmosphere (creepest in the whole series)

As for the bad? could've been abit longer took me about 14/15 hours altogether, but I guess for a game like this that's the average length. A couple of things don't really make sense and leave you scratching ya head but let's face it many of the Resi Evil's have had them head scratching moments

I can't find any other faults with it tho, I'm just glad the series is back on track. I felt like I was playing a Resi game again and not the rubbish it's been like since 5

SPOILER DON'T READ IF NOT COMPLETED GAME!

That twist at the end with Chris Redfield and a newly formed Umbrella! I have my doubts if it's him though. He wouldn't be working for them, it didn't look like him either, I think someone is impersonating him. Unless he's gone rogue but I still don't think it's him, and after all the battles he's had with Umbrella, etc that would just be shit imo. There's DLC coming out in the spring called Not A Hero and it has this supposedly "Chris Redfield" as the main character in it

46 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Probably the best game I've played on PS4. Gonna DL the season pass as can't get enough of it.

I was gutted when I completed it, I wanted more! haha

Archived