Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

How Does Alcohol Affect You? Better or Worse?

6 hours ago, Parafox said:

Yeah, I knew the title was missing the word "does" after I'd saved it but once it's done only the mods can change it.

But thanks for being pedantic, where other's just left it, probably realising it was a simple error. It happens, ok?

Ok, sorry. How about, it makes me touchy about gentle teasing? :P:unsure:

I very rarely have more than about 5 drinks, much less 10 like I would regularly a few years ago, but it's a bell curve isn't it. At first you do lose inhibitions, get more friendly and happy, just have a better time, but then one too many and tiredness / arrogance / animal instincts kick in and you come down the wrong side of the curve and it can go any way.

In general I'm a happy and friendly drunk though, and lose my sarcasticness which is good but the bad part is that I become really unwilling to take any shit from people like you have to usually when sober and that leads to unnecessary aggro

6 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Ok, sorry. How about, it makes me touchy about gentle teasing? :P:unsure:

I don't need alcohol to make me touchy... just so you know..  Nah facking leave it aht... ARRIGGHTT!

Did a kind of dry January with the rule being no beers at home. Only drank twice I think both times at the pub. Carried the rule on and  last night we cracked open a beer that was left in the fridge for a change and I took a mouthful and left the rest. I think I've kicked the casual drinking habit 

Aint had a drop since Xmas day and feel so much better for it, have more money and have lost weight.

Don't get me wrong I love getting turboed but the hangovers rinse me for days both mentally and physically. Must be an age thing.

On 1/30/2017 at 13:45, Finnegan said:

We went to Prague recently for my mate's missus birthday and it was ridiculous.

I was told before I went that the beer was so pure, so fresh, I wouldn't get a hangover. I laughed. I get outrageous hangovers normally, even after just a few beers. I dehydrate a lot.

But they were spot. Absolutely plastered on £1 beers one minute, ready for a marathon the next morning. Crazy.

Makes you wonder how much horrific shit we must put in our beer.

Ahhhh Prague, I'm going again in September. Can't wait.

I think the hangovers were pretty good tbf, think most people did ok with them, the only bad one I saw was on Vodka, mind you he did drink a liter of it and when you drink amounts of alcohol I can't comprehend drinking you know you've probably had way too much.

Quite an impressive CV he had after drinking that, including turning up at the hotel bar to get more drink after we put him to bed, naturally being that pissed he'd forgotten to put his clothes on first......Next day he had off the scale anxiety and gave a fresh new spin on the term "fight or flight" when ended getting a flight home 12 hours early due to said Anxiety lol I was only 24 at the time if I had worked out that more drink would of (temporarily at least) fixed him I'd of made him drink. 

On 1/30/2017 at 13:41, MattP said:

Weirdly now when I go on a three day bender I feel rougher on the 2nd and 3rd day (until a few have been sank) than I do on the 4th when in recovery mode, I can't work that out.

Yep I get that sometimes, went Eindhoven about 18 months ago absolute mess day 2 and day 3 until I'd drank at least 4 pints, 4th day I was fine, I think I had one in the airport as there was little else to do but could of easily gone without. 

Stayed with old friends over Christmas and realised what a bunch of absolute piss-heads they are. Since then I've hardly touched the stuff and feel so much better for it. The first week without I felt rougher which I suppose suggests some kind of dependency. I'll have a glass of wine at the weekend but sinking the beers really doesn't appeal to me much anymore.

• 6 months later...

I didn't think this was worth starting a new thread for so I'll give this a bump.

I've got a minor operation booked for this weekend and thus am abstaining this week. Working in the city, it's safe to say I usually go out "for a couple" at least three times a week as well as if I'm going to watch Leicester at the weekend. This seems like the ideal time to have a break completely, even if just for a few weeks.

Just wondered with others how quickly they've noticed the difference when going cold turkey? I do Dry Jan every year but usually follow it up with a big February, so undo any good work from the month before lol.

Am I the only one who feels tired when they give up booze?

Normally after a week I just feel knackered and have no energy I always think of it as not replacing the beer calories. 

I don't drink too excessively but I do enjoy a couple of midweek beers and will have a night in/out and drink more than I should once a week.

Archived