Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Films That Terrified You

The Shining - Genuinely creepy, genuinely unsettling. Even after I've seen the famous scenes a hundred times parts of it still scare the shit out of me. On top of that it's a beautifully made piece of cinema.

Blair Witch Project - I think over time it's lost a bit of its appeal but when it came out it was maybe the most viscerally terrifying film I'd seen.

2 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

The Fly is a bloody great film but one that made me feel ****ing sick.

I'm alright with films and that but oddly one of the things I can't watch that absolutely shat me up as a child is the Ghost Train episode of Thomas the Tank Engine. I'd genuinely struggle to watch it now.

Can't be as bad as the one where they bricked Henry into a tunnel. Not scary but genuinely harrowing.

3 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

The Fly is a bloody great film but one that made me feel ****ing sick.

I'm alright with films and that but oddly one of the things I can't watch that absolutely shat me up as a child is the Ghost Train episode of Thomas the Tank Engine. I'd genuinely struggle to watch it now.

**** me i hate that shit.

watching it again. that ****ing music.

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Another kids programme that shat me up was this...

Tugs was better than Thomas, only they didn't make many episodes.

That scene. ****ing nora. Imagine watching that when you're 6.

This reminds me of this when he mentioned water ways! I always hate watching the cow falling down knowing it's coming!

I saw Helter Skelter when I was way too young to have done so. The fact that it was a true story made it even more scary. I became obsessed with making sure the back patio door to our house was properly locked at night. My parents would often forget. I'd even wake up in the middle of the night to go down to check it. Which was always scary in itself doing so. 

I'm 47 now and live in the top unit of a two story condo, and I still won't leave the patio door on my balcony open at night. 

Oh, and Carrie.

17 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Another kids programme that shat me up was this...

Tugs was better than Thomas, only they didn't make many episodes.

That scene. ****ing nora. Imagine watching that when you're 6.

12 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Tugs was the bollocks and that theme tune oh yes

Can't say I remember the theme tune but I know I've got these two lying around my parents house somewhere... 

Image result for tugs vhsRelated image

Also didn't realise until afterwards how dodgy googling "tugs VHS" was...

Serious amounts of shared trauma here boys.

45 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Arachnophobia. I simply have just shat myself typing it in!

This, That first fvcking scene when it's in the bed and it bites...urrrgggghhhh...:nono:

42 minutes ago, bovril said:

wow never knew so many people had gone through the same Ghost Train episode trauma as I did.

This too. Properly shat me up.

41 minutes ago, bovril said:

Threads is pretty disturbing.

Most disturbing thing about that is how real it is. That is a pretty accurate summation of how things would play out.

And to add my own...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrjLNpfDTi0

As an eight year old kid having read the book and then seen the movie, thinking there was a legion of hyper-powerful women out there who wanted you dead messed me up good. *shudder*

Ridiculously the one that stands out is White Noise. I remember watching that with my girlfriend of the time back when we were 15. I think it was more to do with her having a complete ****ing breakdown over it than the actual film being scary, but still, can't ever watch it again. lol 

Archived