Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

6N 2017

I can't be bothered with all my usual pre-amble. We're shit, you'll beat us in Cardiff, we'll finish third, Ireland will win it because they're playing you in Dublin.

I do think we'll be the ones to stop them doing the Grand Slam, mind, as I can't see us losing both home games and I think we're a little better suited to deal with them.

Scotland is a massive banana skin for us but we'll probably win up there and they'll probably lose in France despite their usual, pre-tournament bluster about how they've improved just because Glasgow are doing OK.

England as favourites is ridiculous given you've got to go to Cardiff and Dublin and the Irish just beat the All Blacks but I guess it's to appeal to English punters.

If you do win it outright you'll have done it the hard way mind, so fair dos.

Once again, we're shit. I'm not in any way optimistic.

Bring it on.

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I can't be bothered with all my usual pre-amble. We're shit, you'll beat us in Cardiff, we'll finish third, Ireland will win it because they're playing you in Dublin.

I do think we'll be the ones to stop them doing the Grand Slam, mind, as I can't see us losing both home games and I think we're a little better suited to deal with them.

Scotland is a massive banana skin for us but we'll probably win up there and they'll probably lose in France despite their usual, pre-tournament bluster about how they've improved just because Glasgow are doing OK.

England as favourites is ridiculous given you've got to go to Cardiff and Dublin and the Irish just beat the All Blacks but I guess it's to appeal to English punters.

If you do win it outright you'll have done it the hard way mind, so fair dos.

Once again, we're shit. I'm not in any way optimistic.

Bring it on.

Not really.

14 successive victories, defending champions, and 2nd in the world rankings suggests England should be clear favorites I'd have thought... 

40 minutes ago, Nalis said:

England will win it but not the grand slam, Ireland second, Italy 6th, no idea about 3th 4th and 5th.

If England don't get the Grand Slam then it'll be because you beat them in Dublin, so how would England win it? 

Don't think they're more likely to score tries than you.

Just don't think you want to admit you're any sensible rugby fan's tournament favourites. :D

20 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

If England don't get the Grand Slam then it'll be because you beat them in Dublin, so how would England win it? 

Don't think they're more likely to score tries than you.

Just don't think you want to admit you're any sensible rugby fan's tournament favourites. :D

Thanks for the kind words though had a feeling we'd get beat by Scotland or Wales away. Unfortunately it could well be Scotland the way this match is going... :( Still a long way to go though.

30 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Thanks for the kind words though had a feeling we'd get beat by Scotland or Wales away. Unfortunately it could well be Scotland the way this match is going... :( Still a long way to go though.

You've just not turned up yet. Scotland good definitely but you've been shit, making them look a little better to be fair.

You're winning the punditry though! Love O'Connell, very unbiased to his credit, especially given he's recently retired.

Nichol by contrast is a weapon.

I had Ireland by < a score here so we'll see if I'm wrong in a minute! Certainly going to be close. Might be set up nicely for some more Scottish last minute crying about the ref.

I've got England by ~20 later. Couple of early scores and France never really in it.

Well done Scotland, their best beat our worst. We only showed up for about 20 minutes in the second half and possibly should have done enough to get a fourth try when our tails were up.

You are right about O'Connell, very intelligent, unbiased and insightful. Pretty much all the things Keith Wood isn't.

11 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Well done Scotland, their best beat our worst. We only showed up for about 20 minutes in the second half and possibly should have done enough to get a fourth try when our tails were up.

You are right about O'Connell, very intelligent, unbiased and insightful. Pretty much all the things Keith Wood isn't.

Watching you was a lot like watching us last year (and probably this year as well.)

The better team on paper, you know you've got good players, but they're just not delivering except for a small burst in the second half. We did exactly the same, letting teams build up a lead and then surging back when it's all too late. Another ten minutes (probably only five tbh) at both Twickenham and Dublin last year and we'd have won the Grand Slam but we gave you a thirteen point lead and we gave England a 16 - 0 half time lead.

Just ridiculous and exactly what you did today.

3 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

I know this doesn't apply across the board...but what IS it with SH refs in NH matches and finnicky rules lawyering and not letting the game flow?

I think he's done well so far tbh. You just need to tell Tom Wood to stop being a pratt.

It's not like Flatman and Dellaglio are disagreeing with him.

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I think he's done well so far tbh. You just need to tell Tom Wood to stop being a pratt.

It's not like Flatman and Dellaglio are disagreeing with him.

Fair. There's a lot of technical stuff he's blowing up for though. And that diving on the ball post ruck decision a few minutes back was a bit off IMO.

5 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Fair. There's a lot of technical stuff he's blowing up for though. And that diving on the ball post ruck decision a few minutes back was a bit off IMO.

But again there's no reason for Tom Wood to throw himself on the ground, just pick it up and it's not a penalty.

You say technical but these are professional rugby players, knowing the finer points of the rules is their job, none more so than the back row forwards like Wood.

He's been shit so far.

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

But again there's no reason for Tom Wood to throw himself on the ground, just pick it up and it's not a penalty.

You say technical but these are professional rugby players, knowing the finer points of the rules is their job, none more so than the back row forwards like Wood.

He's been shit so far.

Certainly no disagreement about Wood (and the rest of the team) being shit and undisciplined.

Here's hoping they don't give the ref as many reasons to blow up this half.

You have to feel France should be taking these chances. Melting through England until the 22 then butchering their openings.

What's made England stand out under Jones is how clinical they are. They don't create as many chances as they should but what they do create they generally take.

Archived