Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FraserSorensen

Millwall Away

40 minutes ago, Dawko said:

If a family or group of friends buy 4 or 5 tickets together so that they can sit together and then when they get to the ground find that there is not 4 or 5 seats together available because the mob want to sit where the mob wants to sit, causing them to all sit apart from each other, they will not be very happy at all.

This is just an excuse for a mob, all on different priorities, to be together and bugger everyone else. 

That group of four or five could, you know, get to the ground earlier? :huh:

41 minutes ago, Dawko said:

If a family or group of friends buy 4 or 5 tickets together so that they can sit together and then when they get to the ground find that there is not 4 or 5 seats together available because the mob want to sit where the mob wants to sit, causing them to all sit apart from each other, they will not be very happy at all.

This is just an excuse for a mob, all on different priorities, to be together and bugger everyone else. 

So you want priority over the 'mob' becasue they're a 'mob' and you're not, basically. 

2 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

So you want priority over the 'mob' becasue they're a 'mob' and you're not, basically. 

Precisely, the mob should be forced to stick to their own allocated seat and not bully their way in to someone elses just because they prefer it.

If, as the mob say, every seat is as good as another, they should just stick to their own allocated seat.

So, do you think that the mob should have priority over non-mob members because they are not the mob and you are ?

16 minutes ago, Dawko said:

Precisely, the mob should be forced to stick to their own allocated seat and not bully their way in to someone elses just because they prefer it.

If, as the mob say, every seat is as good as another, they should just stick to their own allocated seat.

So, do you think that the mob should have priority over non-mob members because they are not the mob and you are ?

Who says I'm in the mob? I'm not moaning, I'm not even going to the game. 

If you have an issue on the day talk to a steward I'm sure they will be happy to assist :)

1 hour ago, Dawko said:

It's football not the ballet.

3 hours ago, baker11 said:

It's football not the ballet.

If I buy 3 tickets together it is for a reason, so the 3 of us can sit together.

Not for the mob to take 2 of them because they prefer them, resulting in the 3 of us all having to sit separately.

These are allocated seats and sold as such.

Seville away tickets were sold as unreserved, not Millwall.

9 hours ago, Dawko said:

If I buy 3 tickets together it is for a reason, so the 3 of us can sit together.

Not for the mob to take 2 of them because they prefer them, resulting in the 3 of us all having to sit separately.

How unreserved normally works, let's use a 3,000 away end example.

3,000 tickets are sold, there are 3,000 seats if not more. Everyone has a seat.

The so called "mob" (aka people that probably make an atmosphere) will take 200 seats between about 300 of them. That means an extra 100 seats are empty elsewhere, you will find 4 or 5 with the family together.

This happens all over Europe for away games and people simply understand the principal so they know what they are doing. But being in Britain it is all very much queuing up and sitting in exactly the seat you have been allocated. Culturally this will take a lot of time to get out.

So in summary, unreserved seating will not work for a long time. As proven by these comments here.

Enjoy Millwall either way, I can't go unfortunately. Went in 2014 and it was in no way intimidating. Family friendly away day (as are 99.9% of fixtures these days).

10 hours ago, Dawko said:

Completely agree with you, Sunderland (a) sat with the missus in our seats "oi do you want to move in a bit" no I don't so they proceed to push past, 4 of them in two seats, Bournemouth (a) 5 of them in two seats in the row in front, one chucks a plastic bottle on the pitch, nearly hits Fuchs taking a throw in, Everton (a) Cup, one takes offence when I move him out of one of our seats, listen I'm not a shrinking violet who sits on my hands, this isn't creating an "atmosphere" this is being a prat.

8 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

How unreserved normally works, let's use a 3,000 away end example.

3,000 tickets are sold, there are 3,000 seats if not more. Everyone has a seat.

The so called "mob" (aka people that probably make an atmosphere) will take 200 seats between about 300 of them. That means an extra 100 seats are empty elsewhere, you will find 4 or 5 with the family together.

This happens all over Europe for away games and people simply understand the principal so they know what they are doing. But being in Britain it is all very much queuing up and sitting in exactly the seat you have been allocated. Culturally this will take a lot of time to get out.

So in summary, unreserved seating will not work for a long time. As proven by these comments here.

Enjoy Millwall either way, I can't go unfortunately. Went in 2014 and it was in no way intimidating. Family friendly away day (as are 99.9% of fixtures these days).

I agree with much of this.

Never had too many problems in an unreserved end, but it does require levels of pragmatism that some fans aren't willing to abide.

Archived