Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rob1742

Pearson

4 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

People who try and pretend Pearson didn't have an impact on us winning the league are hilarious. Do you think Ranieri would've gone and won the league with Stoke?

Last year seemed to combine the best out of absolutely everybody at the club. It culminated in the best way possible.

The more I read from the media I'm starting to think they believe that to be true.

On 07/02/2017 at 01:38, Guy said:

but as others have said it's now coming home to roost that Ranieri probably got lucky in that regard and then some, especially given his reputation before then as being a 'one season wonder' at all the other places, Chelsea in the early-mid 00s aside perhaps!   

You have no idea what you're talking about. It's complete bollocks that he's a one season wonder. Try having a proper look at his record.

2 hours ago, stillwater said:

Not this Sh1t again, he was never that good a manager!! We was bottom of the premiership cut adrift and if it hadn't been for cambiasso stepping up and telling him how we should play we would have been relegated. In Claudio we trust 

When will people quit with this Cambiasso story? lol

If people didn't think NP was a good manager for us then they'll never be happy with anybody.

On 06/02/2017 at 14:47, JR99 said:

I completely agree we're in a nasty situation at the minute... But rotten? Come on. A rotten club wouldn't be on the back of our most successful ever season. If we do get relegated then things might get messy, but if that doesn't happen? A rotten club isn't a club who two or three wins could turn everything back around for. 

You're acting like we've not won. We've had a few wins this season. Every one of them bar none has been a false dawn. We have backed up every single win with an abject loss or performance.

Would Pearson  have ever won the league with us? No.

Did Pearson contribute a lot to our title win? Yes. 

Would Ranieri have won the league with West Brom? Probably not.

Is Ranieri a better manager then Person? Undoubtedly 100% yes. 

Ranieri has managed Valencia, Juventus and Roma. Pearson has managed Carlisle United, Hull city and Derby County. 

2 hours ago, MaxR said:

How bloody ridiculous

Ranieri's achievements far outweigh Pearson.

How can you justify sacking Ranieri for him? How? Pearson wouldn't magically turn things around, despite doing a good job with us in his two spells.

Get behind the manager

Completely ignoring the fact that he was sacked for non footballing reasons and the owners would never take him back.

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

We wouldn't have won the league without Pearson. We wouldn't have won the league without Ranieri. 

Not that hard to grasp is it? 

I often wonder where we would have finished last season under Pearson, we wouldn't have won the league but I still think we'd have finished in the top 6

On 06/02/2017 at 22:27, Koke said:

He had faults but he's proved in the past he learns and adapts.  

Had we stuck with him we would not have won the league but we probably would have become a solid PL side. Similar to what Pulis have done at Stoke. 

Yep.

Don't forget Pearson never got to manage one of the best players on the planet too.

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Easily, the momentum and the work ethic would have carried over, we would have still had Kante as well. 

Actually thinking about I think we'd have got a Champions league place, we were almost unstoppable in the final stages of the great escape, only a shit hot Chelsea side were better than us. 

21 minutes ago, Koke said:

Would Pearson  have ever won the league with us? No.

Did Pearson contribute a lot to our title win? Yes. 

Would Ranieri have won the league with West Brom? Probably not.

Is Ranieri a better manager then Person? Undoubtedly 100% yes. 

Ranieri has managed Valencia, Juventus and Roma. Pearson has managed Carlisle United, Hull city and Derby County. 

Is Sven a better manager than NP then as he managed similar size clubs to Claudio? 

No. He was a fraud. 

Not saying Claudio isn't better than NP but can't all just go on past or past club size. 

I firmly believe there are managers for certain situations. 

Nigel got us up and built a unit and team, as well as an infrastructure, but also peaked. The incident that caused him to leave was unfortunate for him, and he obviously suffered the consequences, which is only right. It has left a huge "what if" though. 

I also believe Claudio came in and did what he does best, which is build on positivity and added some tactical nouse (as well as benefitting from Kante). 

Should Nigel come back? No, in my opinion. It might be the same players, but they aren't the same men. They have big contracts, and are Champions, something he is not, and it has been proven he and big egos don't mix. 

Claudio has second season syndrome. Always has. Lovely gent but (hoping I am wrong) but he is looking to be hanging by a thread. 

If we get a new manager, I think they need to be able to handle and overcome egos and bring some reality check. That leaves a repeat winner as the only option in my eyes. The question is, is there anyone available like that who would come?

Oh and for what it's worth I'm not pro bringing Pearson back. Too many burnt bridges. We need to analyse the good he did for us and work around getting back on those tracks. For all I've talked him up he's not the only man in the world capable of consistently building. We need to look for that.

Guest LCFC_World

I still believe that Pearson is more of a "legend" to this club than Ranieri. 

Got us up from League 1 to the premier league, yes with a little gap but still. 

Thats a difficult task. Ranieri already had a team which was together and in good form, which is very rare when walking in to a new job. 

3 minutes ago, LCFC_World said:

Thats a difficult task. Ranieri already had a team which was together and in good form, which is very rare when walking in to a new job. 

Get in the fvcking bin 

lol

Generally a manager entering a system does two things.  First he tactically sharpens the team.  Secondly, and more importantly, is he builds the confidence of that team.

Ranieri has made mediocre teams fly high many times.  The problem is continuing this.  He alluded to this fact at the begging of the season.  

The team needs to be rebuilt and is in the process of that.  Unfortunately it is a painful time for us.  But it's necessary that we do it and have a solid man behind it.  

As far as the topic here I'd rather have Ranieri than Pearson.  I feel more confident of his ability and I believe that we will get through this.  

I also don't believe replacing a good manager with another "usual suspect" will help us at all, other than the usual bump a team gets...only to drop like a stone a week later.  We need look at other teams, for this example, who ultimately were relegated because of this knee-jerk mentality.

17 minutes ago, LCFC_World said:

Going from League 1 to Premier League is admirable but nowhere near going from 14th in the PL to 1st in 12 months.

Paul Lambert and Nigel Adkins have taken clubs from League 1 to Premier League. 

23 minutes ago, LCFC_World said:

There's only room for one managerial legend at this club! 

And his name is Micky Adams 

27 minutes ago, peterborofox said:

Is Sven a better manager than NP then as he managed similar size clubs to Claudio? 

No. He was a fraud. 

Not saying Claudio isn't better than NP but can't all just go on past or past club size. 

Sven was terrible for us and has been a fraud for a decade. But when both Sven and Pearson retire, Sven will universally be seen as the better manager. And stats back up Sven. 

I love Pearson btw.

29 minutes ago, peterborofox said:

No. He was a fraud. 

Are you really asking whether Sven, who has managed the teams below is a worse manager than Pearson?  Really?  The man who has won league titles & cups in three countries, and the Europa League predecessor?

Teams managed
1977–1978 Degerfors IF
1979–1982 IFK Göteborg
1982–1984 Benfica
1984–1987 Roma
1987–1989 Fiorentina
1989–1992 Benfica
1992–1997 Sampdoria
1997–2001 Lazio
2001–2006 England
2007–2008 Manchester City
2008–2009 Mexico