Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rob1742

Pearson

If Ranieri was to be sacked, Pearson would've been a no-brainer had he had no issues with creating arguments that creates in-club havoc.

His own downfall, due to his tough self-centred approach, is due to his own ignorance.

He's a bit of a bomb scare in his attitude.

2 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

You're acting like we've not won. We've had a few wins this season. Every one of them bar none has been a false dawn. We have backed up every single win with an abject loss or performance.

We have so far, but that doesn't change the fact that another couple and thinks flip again... The only point I'm making is that we're not rotten, no where near, just struggling. Rotten is much deeper than that 

3 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Nice, I doff my cap to the man. And thanks for reminding me why I hate the LM website. Took me ages to find the relevant info amongst all the ads and pop-ups.

2 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Are you really asking whether Sven, who has managed the teams below is a worse manager than Pearson?  Really?  The man who has won league titles & cups in three countries, and the Europa League predecessor?

Teams managed
1977–1978 Degerfors IF
1979–1982 IFK Göteborg
1982–1984 Benfica
1984–1987 Roma
1987–1989 Fiorentina
1989–1992 Benfica
1992–1997 Sampdoria
1997–2001 Lazio
2001–2006 England
2007–2008 Manchester City
2008–2009 Mexico
2010 Ivory Coast
2010–2011 Leicester City
2013–2014 Guangzhou R&F
2014–2016 Shanghai SIPG
2016– Shenzhen FC

Post millennium the guy has been a con man. 

Won nothing. Spent loads. 

Sven was terrible here. Sacked at City. Wasted the best England squad ever. 

Just because he gets jobs because of his reputation doesn't make him a good manager. 

Id choose Pearson over him any day 

On Mon Feb 06 2017 at 08:41, lgfualol said:

Bit nitpicky, but Ranieri has done nothing but protect the group - and has been criticised for it by some on here. 

Pearson told fans "if you don't like it, don't come" and "fvck off and die", would you like Ranieri to do that?

Ranieri is a saint but if there's one man who could get that type of response from him, it's SeanFromEnderby.

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 00:22, Max Wall said:

Apologies for being pedantic but it was The Brains song, Cyndi Lauper covered it.

Yes, Cyndi's 80s version is the only one I know but as they say, you learn something new everyday - so thanks for the info :-)

Would Pearson have been able, like Sven, to lead England to quarter finals of major tournaments and win European trophies? No

Would Sven have been able to build what Pearson did in tiers three and two, on and especially off the pitch? No

Different horses for different courses.

13 hours ago, peterborofox said:

Just because he gets jobs because of his reputation doesn't make him a good manager. 

Compared to what followed Sven didn't do too badly for England. Consistently in the quarter finals. Did well for man city iirc and got moved on for the new owners - a la Pearsons first stint here.

14 hours ago, peterborofox said:

Svens nothing like pearson.reputation is everything.

Nige won't be getting many more jobs but Sven will. He had his chance with the sheep and it took him how long to feck up?

On 2/8/2017 at 17:43, peterborofox said:

If it was a choice between Sven and Nigel Pearson, I'd choose Nige any day of the week.

Sven was a fraud, a charlatan, a con-man. He did well early in his career, the rest has been expensive flops time over.

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

If it was a choice between Sven and Nigel Pearson, I'd choose Nige any day of the week.

Sven was a fraud, a charlatan, a con-man. He did well early in his career, the rest has been expensive flops time over.

If tgat was my choice I'd readvertise or invite ft posters to do the job

Archived