Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rob1742

Pearson

Just now, foxinsocks said:

Dont be fooled..... his inner lack os self confidence will soon make him fefensive then angry.  Ask  derby 

Spoke to a Derby mate of mine soon after Nige got the sack.

According to him, the reason he went was because he was trying to instill some authority onto a bunch of misfits who didn't want to play ball. Apparently, they went to the chairman to complain, who took their side and outed Pearson.

Shades of Clough at Leeds and, like that situation, Nige didn't have his number 2 by his side. Player power took over (allegedly) and off he went.

According to my mate, this was a bloody shame. The players needed a royal kick up the arris and the chairman sided with them and not Nigel.

It was nothing to do with Pearson not being confident. 

4 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

If tgat was my choice I'd readvertise or invite ft posters to do the job

How short people's memories are. Pearson did absolute wonders for this club. I never liked him, as a person, particularly. But I respect him for what he did here.

He basically turned around the mess that Sven left.

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Spoke to a Derby mate of mine soon after Nige got the sack.

According to him, the reason he went was because he was trying to instill some authority onto a bunch of misfits who didn't want to play ball. Apparently, they went to the chairman to complain, who took their side and outed Pearson.

Shades of Clough at Leeds and, like that situation, Nige didn't have his number 2 by his side. Player power took over (allegedly) and off he went.

According to my mate, this was a bloody shame. The players needed a royal kick up the arris and the chairman sided with them and not Nigel.

It was nothing to do with Pearson not being confident. 

100%!

Add to that Mel Morris is the Number 1 Derby Fan in the world (in his head), there was no way him and Nigel would ever see eye to eye. We know his way is tough, but it would have worked out better for them in the long term than McClaren will. 

As always, we'll never know.  

A lot of what Pearson evolved at our club is being missed now. He had his faults no question - and probably needed to delegate all aspects of PR - but he tried to build something solid and how we've managed to dismantle that so quickly seems such a shame.

It's not just about Ranieri either. There are cancers in our club that need deactivating whatever the cost. But I don't see Ranieri doing the rebuild necessary or as the right man philosophically to take us forward. Quite apart from everything else we've gone from being an exciting team to being dog-rough and dreary.

It's getting to the stage we'll merit an open-top bus tour for scoring a goal.     

1 hour ago, Danny Clender said:

Just read Pearson's comments in The Merc.

The Man doth speak.

Really good interview and nice to hear from him, nice points and sounds very positive.

I just need somebody to misinterpret the interview now, please, go on. 

As you're seem to be a big fan of journalists, maybe you would be kind enough to do it in a nice unbiased way for those of us that haven't had the pleasure of this interview.

5 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

As you're seem to be a big fan of journalists, maybe you would be kind enough to do it in a nice unbiased way for those of us that haven't had the pleasure of this interview.

If you're able, have a look on the Mercury website, top story on the Leicester City section.

I just thought it was interesting hearing his part, he's being very diplomatic of course, but still nice to hear his take. 

Here's some misinterpretation for you though.

He's clearly angling to get his old job back. 

4 minutes ago, Danny Clender said:

If you're able, have a look on the Mercury website, top story on the Leicester City section.

I just thought it was interesting hearing his part, he's being very diplomatic of course, but still nice to hear his take. 

Here's some misinterpretation for you though.

He's clearly angling to get his old job back. 

Thanks for that, as for misinterpretation....DON'T lol

The article you mention...(to avoid misinterpretation's)

Leicester City must rediscover their identity if they are to survive in the Premier League, former manager Nigel Pearson has said, writes Rob Tanner.

Pearson has been surprised by the way City have gone from a side that won the title under Claudio Ranieri last season by 10 points to one that now sits just one point above the relegation zone with 13 games to go.

But he said they still had their destiny in their own hands.

Pearson, who put together much of Ranieri's squad, believes City have the players and the characters to get out of trouble, as they did under his leadership in their first season in the Premier League, and he doesn't believe the players have turned against Ranieri.

'There has been so much negativity'

"It is a bit of a surprise, for sure, but I think most people would not have expected it to go the way it did last year. Last year's achievement was pretty singular. It was an amazing achievement by the club. This year has been difficult for them.

"It is unfortunate and quite sad there has been so much negativity, especially in recent weeks, but it is important to try and think of it as a 13-game season here on in and put to bed all the criticism.

"For a club of Leicester City's stature and the players to achieve for them what they achieved last season is absolutely amazing.

"It is almost as if it is the zenith of their careers. In some ways it is understandable that there is going to be a slight difference this year.

"When you look at the top of the Premier League this season all the big sides you would expect to perform well are doing so again.

'Dressing room has to manage this'

"The league has a different complexion this season. I think everyone associated with Leicester will be disappointed how it is going so far, but let's remember this, there are 13 games to go and it is very much in their hands.

"They are not in the bottom three. Yes it is tight, yes they have performed in a way that they would expect better from themselves, but that is the nature of it.

"What strikes me when I see interviews by some of the players is they almost look like they don't know what is happening to them.

"They are saying they can't put a finger on it, but the dressing room has to remain strong and the dressing room has to manage itself from here on in.

"They have some great players and I think what they need to do is get back to their identity. You ask people what Leicester City are they would say they are a very good team who work hard. They out-work people and even that has been questioned of them this season.

'You can't listen to external opinions'

"They have to make sure if there are any question marks internally they find the answers. That is the bottom line.

"You can't spend your time listening to people who have opinions externally. There have been criticisms coming their way and they have to find the answers to that.

"You can spend a lot of time talking but now is probably the time for actions rather than words."

Pearson said the club were right to issue a statement of support for manager Ranieri and said the arrival of chairman Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha was so the Thai billionaire could see for himself what was going wrong.

"I would suspect that if there are a few problems they will sort it out internally.

"I think whenever results don't go well, there is always the temptation to second guess what is happening. They have to sort it out internally. The club made a statement last week which I think was a sensible thing to do.

'The club will be reluctant to make changes'

"The owner came over from Thailand and, while I am sure it is to show public support, I am sure he wants to see with his own eyes what is happening.

"I am sure when he looks them in the eye, as I know from my own experience, he gets the right vibes. That is what will happen.

"The club will be very reluctant to make changes, and quite rightly so after last season's achievement, it is only right to try and find the answers with the people who are already there.

"It is a lot easier to sack managers than sort the players' situation out. It is more or less the same group of people and they need to find the answers themselves.

"They will be hoping to find the solutions from within. I don't think it is a situation where the manager has lost the players.

"Clearly there needs to be an upturn in fortunes and results, but many people would say Leicester City were bound to have a season where they didn't do so well, but it is a shock."

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

How short people's memories are. Pearson did absolute wonders for this club. I never liked him, as a person, particularly. But I respect him for what he did here.

exactly my feelings, and oddly warming to any possibility of him coming back, just off to have a strong word wi' miself. lol

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

I respect what NP did for this club without doubt

like you I didn't like his public persona etc but yes granted he did sort some of our mess out and deserves credit for our relative success under His leadership

anyway onwards and upwards hopefully

up the Foxes

The only issue I had with Pearson's public persona was his tendency to ramble on a a bit often without seeming to get to the point. I quite liked his prickly nature with the press though. The incidents (ostrichgate, etc) occurred when he must have been under extreme pressure, and understandable for someone who only seemed interested in the football, not some PR BS.

I've never understood why so many fans of our team seek to rubbish Nigel Pearson. Out of all the supporters in the country, we are the ones who should know full well what the man is capable of after all the success and stability he brought us during his tenure! 

I'd bin off Ranieri and have him back tomorrow. He knows most of these players and will command an instant respect from them. They'll play for him no doubt. Plus I'd feel much happier about the long-term future of the club with NP in charge. It's a damn shame that ship looks to have sailed.

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Rather a Pearson hater than a two faced cvnt. 90% on here wanted pearson sacked. Yet now it seems he's one of our all time best managers.

14 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Rather a Pearson hater than a two faced cvnt. 90% on here wanted pearson sacked. Yet now it seems he's one of our all time best managers.

Where on earth did you get that stat from? Not even close to the way I remember it. We had just come through the great escape and everyone was looking forward to the next season building on the incredible form of the last 9 games or more. The unfortunate Thailand incident and subsequent sacking came as a great shock, and most here were upset and feared for the future without him.

If I was to draw up a list of qualities I'd want from a manager of Leicester, Nigel Pearson ticks pretty much all of them.

The problem is that the two he doesn't tick, tactical ability and dealing with the media, are very important and he fails spectacular at them. No coincidence that those two qualities are what Ranieri prides himself on, thus completing the set last season, when Ranieri took over Pearson's team and setup.

Watching the club let the hard work he put into building unity, team spirit and some incredibly efficient backroom teams be slowly destroyed is hard to watch and probably why a lot of people seem to be viewing him with greater fondness of late.

If he returned we know he would build a team that gave 100% and worked harder than most. We know that he would repair the damage done to the recruitment team, the sports science team and the coaching staff. We know he would sign young, hungry players that all share a similar personality. All those things are desperately lacking at the minute.

However, would he have the tactical nouse to be a success in the Premier League? History would suggest not. Would he deal with the press any better or would he persist in tarnishing the King Power brand?

Regardless, I'm pretty sure this bridge was most definitely destroyed in a hotel room in Thailand.

Archived